Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know that and they know that but they still don't have to make it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Lol Krapopolis randomly aired its first season finale as its third episode of season two.

It was kinda sweet though, ngl. One of the better episodes of a disappointing show.

I thought it was still season 1. The totally legitimate way I watch has the most recent episode listed as s1e16. They are releasing episodes in the sporadic Bob's Burgers approach though which might make it seem like it's a new season.

I've found Krapololis largely fine but it's only occasionally gotten above that level, which is a shame considering the talent involved.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I thought it was still season 1. The totally legitimate way I watch has the most recent episode listed as s1e16. They are releasing episodes in the sporadic Bob's Burgers approach though which might make it seem like it's a new season.

Nah, they produced three seasons of 13 episodes a piece, and then are airing them randomly out of order. You can find out the real order if you look up the production numbers.

They've been airing season two eps since around February, but this was the last of the first season episodes and originally intended as its finale.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Aoyade also kinda burnt up a lot of his goodwill in shilling for Graham Lineham's book

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Nicknaming him Tedious was a little too on the nose.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's funny how The Great North introduced a new Tobin with the great aunt and she just kind of hangs out with them now.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It feels like they've gone for a kind of slow burn approach to integrating her into the swing of things so far, she's more of a 'greek chorus' character so far.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hi I’ve never posted in TV IV before, or any of the Finer Arts forums for that matter, but I just finished Scavengers Reign about fifteen minutes ago and I’m just sittin here.

Goddaaammmm that was some good scifi

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

Hi I’ve never posted in TV IV before, or any of the Finer Arts forums for that matter, but I just finished Scavengers Reign about fifteen minutes ago and I’m just sittin here.

Goddaaammmm that was some good scifi

It's so loving cool. I watched Pantheon right after, and it is also incredibly cool.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeah Scavengers Reign was good and Pantheon was good and I thank our good local goon animators union for blessing us.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Pantheon has a good Google blurb, I’m intrigued. Ty for the next show I’ll eventually get around to.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah Scavengers Reign was good and Pantheon was good and I thank our good local goon animators union for blessing us.

:same:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I watched both Scavengers Reign and Blue Eye Samurai as they were coming out, and watched Pantheon right after. It was a pretty :pcgaming: couple of months.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I know that and they know that but they still don't have to make it like that.

I assume being like that is a requisite for being in that prime time slot though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Pantheon, did Season 2 ever officially air anywhere in the world or was it just leaked onto the internet after the show was unceremoniously cancelled?

Fantastic show regardless though, would definitely recommend if anyone hasn’t seen it yet (unfortunately the only way to watch it I’m aware of is to resort to piracy)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Pantheon, did Season 2 ever officially air anywhere in the world or was it just leaked onto the internet after the show was unceremoniously cancelled?

Fantastic show regardless though, would definitely recommend if anyone hasn’t seen it yet (unfortunately the only way to watch it I’m aware of is to resort to piracy)

It was briefly available on Amazon Prime video but only in Australia.

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

It's really depressing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

And New Zealand! :science:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What exactly happened behind the scenes with that show again that we never got the second season in the US and it suddenly disappeared from all official websites?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Might be because it had characters from Israel and Palestine, and Amazon doesn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole considering the current conflict.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's almost certainly less exciting than that. Pantheon was the pet project of a previous executive team at AMC and when those executives moved on, the new team had negative interest in Pantheon being a success.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

It's almost certainly less exciting than that. Pantheon was the pet project of a previous executive team at AMC and when those executives moved on, the new team had negative interest in Pantheon being a success.

I think they are asking about what happened with Amazon not AMC.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Both is fine honestly

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Letting it air and be successful would be credit to the people leaving and thus in idiot executive zero sum brain be detrimental to the new executives image.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think one of the people who worked on it even posts on this forum

I still don’t fully understand the Reset Button ending (though I do like how it recontextualizes a scene from the first episode) but it was a fun ride regardless.

Have the creators gone on to work on any other projects yet out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 19, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw recently that like seemingly every other Fox cartoon Grimsburg was renewed for season 2 before it even started.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if it's just so much cheaper and simpler to produce multiples rolling off each other over waiting and trying to start it up again once seeing how well it's received. Or maybe it also just doesn't matter as much these days, it's much harder to draw cause and effect with these companies.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I wonder if it's just so much cheaper and simpler to produce multiples rolling off each other over waiting and trying to start it up again once seeing how well it's received. Or maybe it also just doesn't matter as much these days, it's much harder to draw cause and effect with these companies.

Animation has a long lead time, so you need to get started early in order to not have a massive gap between seasons.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I feel like we have this conversation at least twice a month.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Open Source Idiom posted:

I feel like we have this conversation at least twice a month.

I swear half the posters on this site have significant memory loss, me included. The same discussions about the same things come up every few months all over the place.

Between the same people

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
probably not for this thread. but i finally started beastars and enjoyed it alot. I am watching with a friend right now and we have been trying to watching different stuff and my gf started watching it and liked it so i decided to go with it. I just wanted to say, 2 episodes in, i enjoy it.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably not for this thread. but i finally started beastars and enjoyed it alot. I am watching with a friend right now and we have been trying to watching different stuff and my gf started watching it and liked it so i decided to go with it. I just wanted to say, 2 episodes in, i enjoy it.

Beastars is in an odd spot where it's not as adult as something like Dorohedoro, which kids absolutely should not watch, but unlike something basic like BNA there are a lot of interesting themes and characters that are easier to appreciate with age. There's a particularly effective scene (non-spoiler ahead) where a Goat is offering his fingers to carnivores at a black market, and the way the show uses that scenario to juxtapose how carnivores are instinctually driven to the offer with the implication that taking it will morally pollute them. If I watched the show as a kid I'd think it was boring cause it's very talky and thematic, as an adult it is fascinating.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Beastars is in an odd spot where it's not as adult as something like Dorohedoro, which kids absolutely should not watch, but unlike something basic like BNA there are a lot of interesting themes and characters that are easier to appreciate with age. There's a particularly effective scene (non-spoiler ahead) where a Goat is offering his fingers to carnivores at a black market, and the way the show uses that scenario to juxtapose how carnivores are instinctually driven to the offer with the implication that taking it will morally pollute them. If I watched the show as a kid I'd think it was boring cause it's very talky and thematic, as an adult it is fascinating.

yeah to me its very much adult but in like a mature sense. like i agree, younger me would have been bored to tears by parts of it but i genuinly like the weird world building so far(just finished episode 2) and watching with a friend is nice because we can chuckle and appreciate the weird poo poo. a recuring joke was just quoting simpsons whenever legoshi starts inner monologing while staring off into space. that and the "oh no, i mean i wanted to EAT you, like literally" at the final scene of 2. but yeah i am curious where it goes and poo poo. hope it gets a season 3.

anyway i like it. looked for a thread on the show in anime but couldnt find it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah to me its very much adult but in like a mature sense. like i agree, younger me would have been bored to tears by parts of it but i genuinly like the weird world building so far(just finished episode 2) and watching with a friend is nice because we can chuckle and appreciate the weird poo poo. a recuring joke was just quoting simpsons whenever legoshi starts inner monologing while staring off into space. that and the "oh no, i mean i wanted to EAT you, like literally" at the final scene of 2. but yeah i am curious where it goes and poo poo. hope it gets a season 3.

anyway i like it. looked for a thread on the show in anime but couldnt find it.

season 3 is set to come out this year and i'm interested to see how it goes, because the part of the manga it covers is absolutely cuckoo-bananas and not in a good way

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bifner McDoogle posted:

God, BNA is so frustrating because it starts out by looking really cool and making you think that it's gonna say something about racism or body dysmorphia or transgenderism and then after spending all of its budget on the pilot episode, it quickly decides its insightful commentary is gonna be a deep hearty belch and it was nothing more than just an excuse for Studio Trigger to create another mascot character for the internet to go nuts over, this time appealing to furries instead of their usual stock of gooners.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Mostly directed at BNA but why does almost every single Fantasy Racism story eventually have some kind of plot device that brainwashes the oppressed group into acting crazy and violent?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

season 3 is set to come out this year and i'm interested to see how it goes, because the part of the manga it covers is absolutely cuckoo-bananas and not in a good way

Yeah i have heard the manga takes poo poo near the end so that sucks but I heard even bat poo poo it’s pretty good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah i have heard the manga takes poo poo near the end so that sucks but I heard even bat poo poo it’s pretty good.

it's always nutty but the final third of it or so gets real real bad. i don't think the anime will be able to do worse because some of the things that happen in those chapters simply couldn't make it in a second editing pass. characters literally disappear between panels mid-conversation and are never mentioned again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

it's always nutty but the final third of it or so gets real real bad. i don't think the anime will be able to do worse because some of the things that happen in those chapters simply couldn't make it in a second editing pass. characters literally disappear between panels mid-conversation and are never mentioned again

Worse or better than game of thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i wouldn't really call it a fair comparison. beastars wasn't nearly as big and its scope wasn't nearly as wide, and while GoT's collapse was dire it was also comparatively mundane. most of what beastars' last arc tries to pull never would have made it through a writing room, it was the product of a single author either terminally bored of her own work or suffering a breakdown from sudden popularity, maybe both