Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event are you looking forward to the most this month?
This poll is closed.
You already know how this gag works 2 9.09%
You're going to pick O'Malley vs Chito 1 4.55%
Unless you're really invested in Amanda Ribas 1 4.55%
Sean O'Malley vs Marlon Vera 2 0 0%
Corey Anderson vs Karl Moore 3 13.64%
Wait 3 13.64%
How did that get there 3 13.64%
Oh no, not more Beastin' 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shumagorath posted:

This file turns 24 this summer and I stuffed it into modern codecs for Mark and all of you: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...405ff31889ebb2&

Warning: it's exactly as loud as it needs to be

what an incredible time capsule. ty for finding a way to get it hosted and posted.

after rewatching the hammer absolutely knee that grounded man's head in, i recant any previous declarations saying "we should allow knees to a grounded opponent's head".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Fujita has been kneed in the head by a truly astonishing roster of killers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

iirc didn't they give people the choice of wearing wrestling shoes or throwing headkicks so coleman was like yeah i'll wear my shoes.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Mark Coleman once saw this happening and yelled "USE IT!":

I'm unsure if that makes me love him less or more.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
On the 'knees to the head should be allowed' thing, it's weird how often it used to get cited as something that would end the dominance of wrestlers in MMA.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Shumagorath posted:

This file turns 24 this summer and I stuffed it into modern codecs for Mark and all of you: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...405ff31889ebb2&

Warning: it's exactly as loud as it needs to be

Lmao, Royce died on his way back to his home barra.

The technique is so much better these days but really the rhythm and chaos of an MMA fight hasn't changed much in decades.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

Lmao, Royce died on his way back to his home barra.
There’s an entire separate video for that fight set to Learn To Fly.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056549

The Tuivasa/Tybura GDT is up. Prelims in about 30.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jose Aldo is unretiring and will fight Jonathan Martinez in the co-main of UFC 301. I'm just going to stop writing the loving retirement corner.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/spinninbackfist/status/1769130363832447337

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh no

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

Jose Aldo is unretiring

:negative:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Sean O'Malley fuckin' sucks and I will never be convinced otherwise.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i've been melancholy since hearing about mark being a literal hero because i quickly realised that stories like that will be wildly outnumbered by grotesque, impossibly sad spectacles like jose aldo unretiring and getting knocked out on a fight night card

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
How's Hunto doing these days?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Snowman_McK posted:

He's not perfect but he's way too good for how much i hate him. The Colby Covington story.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Colby never beat anyone good though.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
How was the Tuivasa/Tybura card? Worth a look?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Majkol posted:

The card thread didn't make it to page 2 so I figured it wasn't when I checked this morning. Would be happy to be corrected

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Majkol posted:

completely skippable

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Majkol posted:

You should look at this page
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/14597/Christian-Rodriguez-vs-Isaac-Dulgarian
and then decide whether or not to watch that fight
If you're pulling it up on fightpass you should watch Battle vs Loosa, I'm not actually sure how much ESPN+ showed of the funny part.

Other than that, watch every fight with a Brazilian fighter, all on the prelims.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

I was firmly in this camp before he dismantled Vera but he's got the ability to follow a game plan and do as he's told from some world class coaches and that alone can take someone pretty far.

I have a lot of respect for how his team prepares him and despite the UFC trying very hard to make him a thing, despite him being a bit of a clown, I'm firmly a convert to the Sean o'malley is world class camp.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I was firmly in this camp before he dismantled Vera but he's got the ability to follow a game plan and do as he's told from some world class coaches and that alone can take someone pretty far.

I have a lot of respect for how his team prepares him and despite the UFC trying very hard to make him a thing, despite him being a bit of a clown, I'm firmly a convert to the Sean o'malley is world class camp.

I'm completely unconvinced until he fights somebody real and beats them. Chito on his way out isn't that.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

cagliostr0 posted:

I'm completely unconvinced until he fights somebody real and beats them. Chito on his way out isn't that.

Yeah I don't know what the gently caress Chito was doing in that fight but it really wasn't working, except for when he decided to fight normally but he only did so for like 20 seconds at a time.

Merab will save us.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm Sean O'Malley hater number one now that DRJ doesn't post here, but he's absolutely a world-class fighter. Do I think he beat Petr Yan? No. Did he give Petr Yan a tougher fight than everyone but Aljo and Merab? Indisputably. Do I think he deserved the fight with Aljo? Not remotely. Did he knock Aljo the gently caress out? Easily.

His matchmaking and marketing are poo poo and booking the Chito rematch was really stupid, but he's absolutely world-class in the division. I will also never pick him to win a fight because he sucks rear end. Both can be true.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

Chito on his way out

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm Sean O'Malley hater number one now that DRJ doesn't post here, but he's absolutely a world-class fighter. Do I think he beat Petr Yan? No. Did he give Petr Yan a tougher fight than everyone but Aljo and Merab? Indisputably. Do I think he deserved the fight with Aljo? Not remotely. Did he knock Aljo the gently caress out? Easily.

His matchmaking and marketing are poo poo and booking the Chito rematch was really stupid, but he's absolutely world-class in the division. I will also never pick him to win a fight because he sucks rear end. Both can be true.

It’s this. It’s been obvious he’s very good for a while now if you can get past the clown, but he still isn’t fully tested.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
guess who was at the gym today (not my gym, i am not an ohioan)

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1769768209517793681?t=VsN8pCzxX0mjJys3iEr80Q&s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will never listen to anyone disparage mark coleman

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

if you ignore the marketing, the hair, the mannerisms and the words, sean o malley is a very fun fighter to watch who does cool stuff so i enjoy him fighting and always have, it's easier to look fun when you get fights that suit you but that's ok, fight sports have always been thus

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Sean is becoming another JBJ in that he is a pretty good fighter who wins a lot but is extremely unlikeable. I do hope he avoids the path Jones took and doesn't hit a pregnant woman or beat up a cop car with his head...

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

STING 64 posted:

how the gently caress is he already back at the gym? i thought he was going to die a week ago. tough bastard.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mark's cardio apparently improved 10-fold in the years since roidtech. what a stud

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why am I so emotional about Mark Coleman? Did all that roidtech reprogram me somehow?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Why am I so emotional about Mark Coleman? Did all that roidtech reprogram me somehow?

we are all hammerpilled here, friend

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STING 64 posted:

it should be a prob-worthy offense to besmirch the hammer

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its hard to believe he was dying in a bed a week ago. coleman is a beast

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Joey McChrist posted:

it should be a prob-worthy offense to besmirch the hammer

To be honest, if this recent event didn’t happen, I’d have been surprised to hear people liked him.

Also Sean is a really great fighter. He’s also pretty self aware, he just has a more common younger personality. A couple years ago when I was 32-33 I went out with a girl who was just 22. She may as well have been from another planet. Couldn’t jive. Anyways, that seems to be the source of most Sean dislike.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

we are all hammerpilled here, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Super Deuce posted:

To be honest, if this recent event didn’t happen, I’d have been surprised to hear people liked him.

Also Sean is a really great fighter. He’s also pretty self aware, he just has a more common younger personality. A couple years ago when I was 32-33 I went out with a girl who was just 22. She may as well have been from another planet. Couldn’t jive. Anyways, that seems to be the source of most Sean dislike.

He needs to fight Merab, otherwise he's just a man with a clown wig. At least seeing zuck grinning and clapping like a seal while Merab obliterated that dude a few weeks ago makes it more likely Dana will book his special toy against him so Dana can impress his billionaire friend.