Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
That sounds really grim, but it also sounds like your wife is in the grip of a pretty awful addiction. I hope you both get the help you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

can't imagine how you're feeling right now smellmycheese.

hope things work out for you, seconding all the advice to speak to the police to cover yourself at a minimum

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Does anyone know who the woman is? Because it doesn't look like Kate....

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1769819450990322114

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 18, 2024

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's your mum.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
they are roomies

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Paladinus posted:

It's your mum.

So it's true, she is dead :toot:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I know we generally hate the polis in here but the one thing they are good for is protecting property.

Also, with my limited pudding brain understanding of company law if it was registered as an LLC then you sort of have to report it to the police, i think.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
if it was kate, why would there be such spooky music in the background

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
When someone applies for a loan in someone else's name, the victim of the fraud is the bank that wrongly gave out the money. The bank has to bear the loss and the impersonated person is not responsible for the debt.

Similarly if someone gets money out of someone else's bank account without permission, the bank was the one that was robbed and they must refund the account holder.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

Kate Middleton doesn't look like Kate Middleton when you take long distance photos of her. That's why you have to use the Marchioness of Cholmondeley.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

Marchioness of Cholmondeley.

lol and lmao, it really is her isn't it?

e: vvv oh yeah

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 18, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

no because shes heavily pregnant?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I dunno, they all look like rich people who are into horses to me.

One is as much the same as the other. Not like they've ever had to scrub a toilet in their entire lives.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've scrubbed the queen's toilet

but she was a no show

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's the main story on The Scum - https://archive.is/T8RTj

quote:

And The Sun's royal photographer Arthur Edwards has told how the footage has "warmed my heart".

He added: "It's lovely to see Catherine looking so happy. People keep asking me, ‘Where’s Kate? How’s Kate?’

"These pictures are the answer. She’s obviously recovering well from the quite serious operation she had in January.

"The images of her smiling really warm my heart and I’m sure millions of others will be so pleased to see the Princess out and about.

"There have been so many rumours circulated about her on social media - but they can now be put to rest."

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Still no ring

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
they could be put to bed but i certainly shan't

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
unlike kate herself who is in a bed permanently (a coffin)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

kate permanently shat herself to bed, you say

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Seems so daft - how are you supposed to pay it if you haven't got the dosh! Unless it's some sort of 'prove you can make repayments' type effort.

Generally once you have made the decision to go bankrupt you stop paying all your debts there and then. This gives you the opportunity to save the application fee. There are also several charities out there that will provide grants to cover the fee.

With bankruptcy there is no proving if you can make payments prior to bankruptcy, because if you cannot afford to make them, you don't make any.

I'm speaking as someone that went through this in 2008, you know that time in history when banks were giving out loans without any considerations about being able to pay it back, right before the economy went to poo poo.

It strangely is very calming and very little stress once the decision has been taken to do it. Creditor's stop all contact, you only pay if you can afford to do so and the payments only last a couple of years and you are back to normal.

Any accounts you have will be closed. Opening a new bank account will not be a problem after bankruptcy as every bank has to be able to give you a "basic bank account" with the ability to pay direct debits and get a cash card.

Don't sell anything right now unless you absolutely have to in order to survive. If the items you're mentioned are vital to your work you will not be required to sell them. Likewise for any vehicle you own, unless the vehicle is of high value and you could get another from the proceeds.

If you have any questions about this, I'm happy to answer.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

soooooo... anyone want to weigh in on the world of bankruptcy? Didnt particularyl want to bring it to the thread but my wife has robbed my business account, taken out fraudulent loans in my name etc. I am essentially hosed and need to declare bankruptcy

Tsietisin posted:

Generally once you have made the decision to go bankrupt you stop paying all your debts there and then. This gives you the opportunity to save the application fee. There are also several charities out there that will provide grants to cover the fee.

With bankruptcy there is no proving if you can make payments prior to bankruptcy, because if you cannot afford to make them, you don't make any.

I'm speaking as someone that went through this in 2008, you know that time in history when banks were giving out loans without any considerations about being able to pay it back, right before the economy went to poo poo.

It strangely is very calming and very little stress once the decision has been taken to do it. Creditor's stop all contact, you only pay if you can afford to do so and the payments only last a couple of years and you are back to normal.

Any accounts you have will be closed. Opening a new bank account will not be a problem after bankruptcy as every bank has to be able to give you a "basic bank account" with the ability to pay direct debits and get a cash card.

Don't sell anything right now unless you absolutely have to in order to survive. If the items you're mentioned are vital to your work you will not be required to sell them. Likewise for any vehicle you own, unless the vehicle is of high value and you could get another from the proceeds.

If you have any questions about this, I'm happy to answer.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

The Question IRL posted:

Kate Middleton doesn't look like Kate Middleton when you take long distance photos of her. That's why you have to use the Marchioness of Cholmondeley.

Is it me or are there also Christmas Decorations on those huts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DavidEasson/status/1769854626776469890

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Some late night spice

https://x.com/politlcsuk/status/1769825396894130331?s=46

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

More like Christopher HopeIsALie...

Honestly at this point if they replace Sunak it just guarantees they won't have an election until January or whenever the last possible date is. With Rishi still in charge we might have gotten it before Christmas.

Also the new PM is going to have a Jim Murphy as Scottish Labour leader type of reign.

Also you've all driven yourselves insane on this Kate poo poo, that photo just looks like Kate but she's lost some weight, which is hardly a stunner after this much time I'll and recovering.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 19, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Who wants to take over, is the question. That chalice isn't so much poisoned as napalmed. Or are they just trying to force him into calling a GE because they know that however hosed they are now, it will be worse in six or nine months.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

forkboy84 posted:

Also you've all driven yourselves insane on this Kate poo poo, that photo just looks like Kate but she's lost some weight, which hardly a stunner after this much time I'll and recovering.

Yeah I mean most people they wouldn't be able to reanimate at all after this long.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This Kate stuff is mental.

Reuters have stuck this up on FB as if it is today or very recent:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-royal-kate-shown-first-video-since-surgery-sun-says-2024-03-18/

But the caption under the photo says Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, walks through an outside hallway during her visit to PACT (Parents and Children Together) in Southwark, London, Britain February 8, 2022. Alastair Grant/Pool via REUTERS/

The Sun photo is last year and I bet the farm shop video is one of those 'lookalike' couples. I've been to that tea shop in the garden place. Maybe I'm Kate in heavy disguise with the emphasis on heavy.

Why are they doing this :tinfoil: ?

They're either enjoying taking the P or space aliens.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

Who wants to take over, is the question. That chalice isn't so much poisoned as napalmed. Or are they just trying to force him into calling a GE because they know that however hosed they are now, it will be worse in six or nine months.

Like half the Tory MPs. Sure, they'd be the leader who presided over a defeat worse than 1997, but "former PM" probably means a few bob more on the post-MP gravy train. It won't be anyone with serious ambitions but there's plenty of them who'd not normally get 6 months in the job

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
think of all the dodgy contracts and seats in the lords you could give to your mates in that time. just be as dull as possible with policy excepting a few bits of random racism to please the backbenchers and everything will be fine. except your party, which will be hosed, and your country, which will be hosed, but hey both were pretty much hosed for the forseeable anyway so whatever

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...hallenge-racism

This review makes me want to watch this documentary about a whites-only town in South Africa, it sounds so bad

At one point, he says to his fixer, Kerneels: “I don’t feel comfortable here. And I want to.” Kerneels looks at him, dumbfounded, and says: “I’d be very surprised if you did feel comfortable here.”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This Kate stuff is mental.

Reuters have stuck this up on FB as if it is today or very recent:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-royal-kate-shown-first-video-since-surgery-sun-says-2024-03-18/

But the caption under the photo says Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, walks through an outside hallway during her visit to PACT (Parents and Children Together) in Southwark, London, Britain February 8, 2022. Alastair Grant/Pool via REUTERS/

Why are they doing this :tinfoil: ?

They're either enjoying taking the P or space aliens.

They don't have the rights to the video but also want people to click their article when it shows up on google, and it's more likely to happen if the article has an image attached to it. That's why they've put an archive photo that they have rights to even if it's not recent.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Paladinus posted:

They don't have the rights to the video but also want people to click their article when it shows up on google, and it's more likely to happen if the article has an image attached to it. That's why they've put an archive photo that they have rights to even if it's not recent.

Yeah I think that is it, likely they saw there was no photo in The Sun and quite rightly sold it to the highest bidder to make some coin.

As for the whole Kate conspiracy stuff, I suspect now it is just the case the PR team are a little poo poo and/or they are going full fake it until we make it (king and queen)

As for Rishi, no point burning another Tory leader before the election which has to happen by December. Anyone sensible will not go for it and we will just end up with Liz Truss 2.0. Or maybe it is an excuse to have more PM lords appointments to stack them before the death of the Tory party.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah I get that it's a lot harder cos it's your wife but yeah this is robbery, identity theft, fraud, all that poo poo. You can't be trying to cover the debts someone else has took out in your name by lying, it's not yours to cover by any rights.

Is it though? IANAL but if it's your wife and you have a joint account I would imagine the money there is considered shared and accessible to both, even if one of you decides to withdraw a bunch of it and do something very foolish. Same with the business accounts - if she's a co-owner of the company then technically would she not have every right to do that? It's a lovely thing to do but I don't know where exactly the law would fall when it comes to joint finances like this. I instinctively feel like the police would just shrug and tell you it's not a criminal case.

If the accounts weren't joint and she did actually apply for loans etc fraudulently, then yes, you'd probably be able to recover the money. But that means condemning your wife to the justice system in full knowledge she's clearly got a problem, which is a really grim situation to be put in, especially if the relationship was good until all this came to light.

It's a real rock and a hard place, and it sucks all round. Hopefully OP can get the correct advice from people who know what they're talking about and get things sorted as best as possible.

In slightly more lighthearted bankruptcy chat, I know it would be very illegal but what would stop someone doing the following cunning plan: take out a bunch of loans, withdraw all the cash, buy a literal pile of gold with it (maybe hand it over to a third party to do this for added security), bury the lot in a chest somewhere remote like an actual pirate, declare bankruptcy. You tell the authorities that you lost the lot playing cards, wait for all your debts to be wiped, return to your secret spot with a shovel, profit. I am sure that this has been attempted and ended up with serious jail time, but I'm not actually sure how anyone would find out if you were smart about it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I keep seeing his name come up, is this the same guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hope_(journalist)

Following the links it seems so. Political editor at GBeebies. Might want to take with a bump of coke pinch of salt.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

Honestly at this point if they replace Sunak it just guarantees they won't have an election until January or whenever the last possible date is. With Rishi still in charge we might have gotten it before Christmas.
New Year’s Day election, really keep those voter numbers suppressed, let’s go

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

ThomasPaine posted:

.In slightly more lighthearted bankruptcy chat, I know it would be very illegal but what would stop someone doing the following cunning plan: take out a bunch of loans, withdraw all the cash, buy a literal pile of gold with it (maybe hand it over to a third party to do this for added security), bury the lot in a chest somewhere remote like an actual pirate, declare bankruptcy. You tell the authorities that you lost the lot playing cards, wait for all your debts to be wiped, return to your secret spot with a shovel, profit. I am sure that this has been attempted and ended up with serious jail time, but I'm not actually sure how anyone would find out if you were smart about it.

I cannot remember who decides, whether it's the judge or the official receiver, but a determination will be made as to how long you will need to make payments following bankruptcy. This decision will be made on how you came to find yourself in the situation you are.

If you were to use the situation above, and people have indeed done similar, the likelihood is that they would make you have to pay towards your creditor's for a much longer period.

So a bit on repayments. Once bankrupt you pay money for a period of time, not a specific amount of money. In my case and most other people's it will be 3 years.

You fill out an income and expenditure sheet, you will not be expected to live frugally, but also not extravagantly. Whatever the remainder is after expenditure is taken from income, you usually pay half that amount to the official receiver. For me after I/E calculations I was left with £150 spare each month, so I paid £75 for a period of 3 years.

If you were to do as suggested in your posts, you may be expected to pay all your spare income for a lot longer time. Could be 7 - 10 years worth of payments.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
As always, the problem is that people can't resist talking. Like when they find a literal pile of treasure and brag about it and then the government swoops in and claims the lot.

If you were able to actually keep schtum about it for years, there's not a lot that anyone could do. It’s not a secret if three people know it and all that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sorry to hear about the financial situation smc, hope you can claw back something.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I keep seeing his name come up, is this the same guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hope_(journalist)

Following the links it seems so. Political editor at GBeebies. Might want to take with a bump of coke pinch of salt.

Chope is one of the only legit journos at gbeebies, dude has a lot of real sources in Westminster from his time at the Torygraph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Just two members of the royal family going out by themselves with no bodyguards and no escort to do the shopping they definitely don't have servants for to be photographed like they're loving Bigfoot. Nothing to see here.

I genuinely don't believe there's anything much to the Kate Middleton stuff but the Royal Family and media response has been absolutely bizarre.