Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sonatinas posted:

dang, hokas and On shoes are real popular for the PMC crowd where I live

I bought some On shoes maybe 6 years ago when they first came out, the novelty of the stupid little pillows sucked me in. They turned out to be some of the worst running shoes I've ever owned.

Reject Hoka, minimal padding and drop is still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah, they're careening between THERE WILL BE BLOODSHED and HE CAN'T AFFORD TO APPEAL HIS FRAUD CASE LOL today.

meanwhile:

That bond seems on the face of it absurdly unconstitutional.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That prosecution in general seems shockingly openly politically motivated, honestly.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

this instantly made me angry so thank u

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

I bought some On shoes maybe 6 years ago when they first came out, the novelty of the stupid little pillows sucked me in. They turned out to be some of the worst running shoes I've ever owned.

Reject Hoka, minimal padding and drop is still good.

The whole barefoot running fad is I think mostly junk science. BUT that said, overpadded running shoes are still bad news imo, encouraging bad form. Also they just feel bad. I like Nike frees a lot. had to move to a more traditional running shoe after I broke my foot in a non running situation and the podiatrist was like “absolutely not” to using frees during recovery though

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ok fine, the horse

e: wait how many rapes and genocides is the horse responsible for

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Gripweed posted:

That bond seems on the face of it absurdly unconstitutional.

yeah; I can't imagine an appeals court will let it stand, but the news stories are wording it as if He'll Never Know Because He Can't Afford to Appeal!

Gripweed posted:

That prosecution in general seems shockingly openly politically motivated, honestly.

saving democracy is hard work, which is why it took till right before another election year to bring all these cases at once to venues unfriendly to trump.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Did these people not read Orwell

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

They are so bad at this.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
it took me until the fourth or fifth viewing to realize it was trump and biden

politics aside i'll take a pig over a pony any day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Majorian posted:

They are so bad at this.

"Vote for us you piece of poo poo, you idiot. What's the matter baby doesn't want to vote? Well gently caress you, stupid rear end in a top hat. You miserable pile of - hey, hey wait, where are you going"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Majorian posted:

They are so bad at this.

I mean yeah, a pig has some butcher value.

An old horse is basically useless in 1924, much less 2024

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

How much work did the Biden administration actually get done again?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ikanreed posted:

I mean yeah, a pig has some butcher value.

An old horse is basically useless in 1924, much less 2024

Yeah the whole point of the horse is that you work it to death and then send it to the knackers. Which I guess is what the democratic party is trying to do? So it makes sense.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Condiv posted:

This depends on how hard it is to genocide.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
And by proven, we mean hosed up every shot at election until 2020, usually through self-sabotage.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Condiv posted:

They doubled child poverty which is pretty impressive

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the pony is not doing genocide

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

old work horses, something renown for their reliability and not for their need to be sent to the glue factory at a moments notice

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

docbeard posted:

Okay fine you've convinced me, I'm writing in Pigasus

NOOOOOOO GODDAMN YOU ABBIE HOFFMAN

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Best Friends posted:

The whole barefoot running fad is I think mostly junk science. BUT that said, overpadded running shoes are still bad news imo, encouraging bad form. Also they just feel bad. I like Nike frees a lot. had to move to a more traditional running shoe after I broke my foot in a non running situation and the podiatrist was like “absolutely not” to using frees during recovery though

They don’t really encourage bad form so much as hide the consequences of bad form and so you can hurt yourself moving to a less cushioned shoe. If you have good form already they’re not going to ruin it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

docbeard posted:

Stancil securing that all-important CSPAM Car Thread vote
The one thing more dangerous than cars? Car threadizens who vote!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Best Friends posted:

Barefoot running had a kernel of truth because (if you grew up not wearing shoes) it tends to lead to better form, but unless your childhood was in the Kalihari desert you probably did not and without slowly conditioning the underutilized muscles and re-learning you will just take the same bad habits but now with less cushion.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/potus/status/1769844982175715599?s=46

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Don't those shoes also reek because the toe wrapping bits are hard to dry out properly?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/washingtonpost/status/1769866895895806126?s=20

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
they werent 100 percent confident people would get what was meant to be whom, so they added trump hair to the pig just in case

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Just what I expect from a workhorse, work left undone

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/politico/status/1769837340074054097?s=20

A new filing accuses Keaton Langston of participating in Medicare fraud alongside an alleged ‘consigliere’ to the Colombo crime family.

mama mia

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wont somebody drain this swamp already.....

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

it's a goon project and so doomed to fail

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol at the YIMBY nonsense. They love that poo poo, because it revolves around stupid the "Econ 101" logic they love so much.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

this is sort of bad if you view it as both parents having to work themselves to the bone just to keep the lights on

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

this is sort of bad if you view it as both parents having to work themselves to the bone just to keep the lights on

its bad yeah for this and also because the unemployment rate they tout out is entirely made up

theres entire scores of groups of people they dont cite or count

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

HallelujahLee posted:

its bad yeah for this and also because the unemployment rate they tout out is entirely made up

theres entire scores of groups of people they dont cite or count

There's a signifier-signified breakdown with liberals, where they believe that the statistics themselves, rather than them being agreed to represent positive changes people have seen or experienced themselves, are important.

You wouldn't think technocracy would make people dumber, but here we are. They are obsessed with numbers, but have no concept that the numbers were important because they represented something valuable, rather than having value themselves.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fits my needs posted:

https://x.com/politico/status/1769837340074054097?s=20

A new filing accuses Keaton Langston of participating in Medicare fraud alongside an alleged ‘consigliere’ to the Colombo crime family.

mama mia

What part of Biden Crime Family don't you get...? :thunk:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

There's a signifier-signified breakdown with liberals, where they believe that the statistics themselves, rather than them being agreed to represent positive changes people have seen or experienced themselves, are important.

You wouldn't think technocracy would make people dumber, but here we are. They are obsessed with numbers, but have no concept that the numbers were important because they represented something valuable, rather than having value themselves.

part of the problem is that the education system at least in this country has been a decades long program to pretty much dismantle it entirely, statistics is barely understood and the media naturally is worthless and only there to defend the status quo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Biden siblings have an unsettling aesthetic.