Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

They're good but it sucks that if the icons are to be trusted, only the first two (Elodie and Oni) are free and the latter three are gonna be pay.

And because it's an event, they're only going to be in the shop, as Auric Cells, for a month, before they are put into the Disney Vault for another year. lovely FOMO rear end scheme.

It really puts a damper on the hype for event skins for me now. And no I definitely didn't want "Alex Mercer at home" Ace Visconti without having to spend cashmoney why do you ask :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Not even going to bother censoring the names on this one. They quickswitched at 6 seconds, too. Found one right away, they all piled into shack and repeatedly head-on'd, forced grabs and flashlight saved, the works. I have absolutely zero qualms about the 4 slug here.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Hell yeah Artist. Artist and Plague are like my favorite killers that i barely ever touch these days. I've been playing lot of chucky (tiff). I was once poo poo at steering their power but now I've started to get hits more often; getting the good sense of when to use it in chase, when to threaten and cancel it to corral, and as a result my chases are getting stronger and faster.

I still think that the tiny size is by far the strongest power, not only does it make your mindgames much more reliable, it combos with stealth in almost unfair feeling ways. Billy, slinger, pyramid head etc can proxyface camp you with impunity, but you know what's going on, you can see the setup.

You can hide an Insidious Chucky anywhere.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OxMan posted:

Hell yeah Artist. Artist and Plague are like my favorite killers that i barely ever touch these days. I've been playing lot of chucky (tiff). I was once poo poo at steering their power but now I've started to get hits more often; getting the good sense of when to use it in chase, when to threaten and cancel it to corral, and as a result my chases are getting stronger and faster.

I still think that the tiny size is by far the strongest power, not only does it make your mindgames much more reliable, it combos with stealth in almost unfair feeling ways. Billy, slinger, pyramid head etc can proxyface camp you with impunity, but you know what's going on, you can see the setup.

You can hide an Insidious Chucky anywhere.

I love Artist so much, it never gets old seeing what survivors try to come up with to make absolutely sure they don't cross the bird path.

Chucky is fun as hell but the repeated switch between first and third person makes me really motion sick if I play him for too long.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’m less upset about the squads that just sit in lockers or wait around a corner with bgp and a flashlight. Like yeah it’s annoying, but they rarely do gens so it’s almost always a 3 or 4K, so you’re getting good bp and 1-2 pips guaranteed.. So it’s like a group walks up to you, gives you poo poo, but tosses you a :20bux: afterwards.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Finally messing around with Unknown, wow his ability to just teleport across the map if he feels like it makes most other teleport killers feel like poo poo

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hag needs an ultra rare addon to do it at will like Unknown can, and it uses up the destination trap, and it takes time to set up, and she's 110, and she doesn't also have a ranged attack.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/dvveet/status/1769456949316448594?s=20

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Can't help but notice they're dancing around the word 'transphobia' in that entire speech, alluding to it more vaguely with words like 'harass' and 'malicious content' and 'hate', and also have made zero statement in regards to the voice actress's original accusations of transphobia in the design (or the concerns others have had about it, not just her).

I personally love The Unknown, but the cheerleader outfit definitely gave me a raised eyebrow, and there's no question about the specific kind of hate that is at the heart of 90% of the harassment, so it just feels cowardly and avoiding offending bigots to not mention it by name.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I did have an odd moment when I started playing Unknown, noticed the only non-default shirt I had was the woman's top (on the default male head) and was like, uhhhh

Ordinarily I would give that zero thought because it's a shapeshifting horror movie monster, but I guess I must now because the DBD community sucks

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 18, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/AntiCheatPD/status/1769532511057584576?s=20

In other news, you may want to take a break from the game until it's determined how bad this is.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

In other news, you may want to take a break from the game until it's determined how bad this is.

Wasn't there an RCE with Source engine games a while back? I wonder if this is the same one.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

Can't help but notice they're dancing around the word 'transphobia' in that entire speech, alluding to it more vaguely with words like 'harass' and 'malicious content' and 'hate', and also have made zero statement in regards to the voice actress's original accusations of transphobia in the design (or the concerns others have had about it, not just her).

Yuup. This was a 100% meaningless PR statement. And "we will continue to express support" is a god drat world record attempt at meaningless PR statements. They're not even going to SUPPORT people, they're just going to express support.

Some specific points:
- as you point out, they are not mentioning transphobia, much less explicitly condemning transphobia and transphobes, and telling them to either shape up or get the gently caress out because they're not welcome. Instead it's meaningless "oh everyone should find a sense of belonging" poo poo. Oh and incidentally, does that "everyone" include the abusers and transphobes?
- not commenting on what's going on and why it's going on
- not commenting on what you're going to DO about it, other than of course "expressing support" for people for something
- not commenting on the original allegations, which are still out there

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s barely a PR statement: they gave it to a third-party account dedicated to leaks. Nothing on their official twitter accounts mentions the controversy. And they posted an ad for the new event just a moment ago, so they’re in the office.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s barely a PR statement: they gave it to a third-party account dedicated to leaks.

The original tweet says "A Behaviour spokesman" gave the statement to Pinknews. Still a poo poo statement though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1769755904688173529?s=20

Free Coup for all killers, free Iron Will (old version) for all survivors!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

EAC has said they don't have any reason to believe their software is compromised and it's most likely an issue with the Source engine (so, no concern for non-Source games like DBD).

https://twitter.com/TeddyEAC/status/1769725032047972566

https://twitter.com/AntiCheatPD/status/1769725671033405509

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVeO76kGjzM

I didn't follow this streak at all but I agree with Scott that it's very silly for the guy to tryhard as crazy as he did as Blight to whine that he lost and blame it on survivors bringing "unfair" stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Didn’t they also stream snipe? I mean, I guess don’t stream if you want to keep a streak going, but feels like the only legitimately cheesy thing they did

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Didn’t they also stream snipe? I mean, I guess don’t stream if you want to keep a streak going, but feels like the only legitimately cheesy thing they did

They did, yes. They stream sniped, tailored every aspect of the four builds to counter him, and still only managed to force a draw (2 kills).

A balanced killer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chuckie sent us to Hawkins, proceeded to fumble so hard (he got blood in his eyes almost every down so while he chased someone else the two others would pick up the downed person (he didn't have knock out so it wasn't some sort of slug gimmick) anytime I would take a hit I'd just zoom to the basement with Overcome and lose him, heal up with the sable perk + botany and then come back out to take more hits. After bodyblocking a hallway door to protect someone he just plugpulled instantly. After so many frustrating games it's cathartic to have one where you just clown on them this hard.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Chuckie sent us to Hawkins, proceeded to fumble so hard (he got blood in his eyes almost every down so while he chased someone else the two others would pick up the downed person (he didn't have knock out so it wasn't some sort of slug gimmick) anytime I would take a hit I'd just zoom to the basement with Overcome and lose him, heal up with the sable perk + botany and then come back out to take more hits. After bodyblocking a hallway door to protect someone he just plugpulled instantly. After so many frustrating games it's cathartic to have one where you just clown on them this hard.

I've been messing around with Strength In Shadows/Botany Knowledge/Bite the Bullet/Overcome lately, it's been pretty solid for survivability as long as you're patient.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Strength in Shadows owns. If nothing else it's been excellent motivation to finally internalize all the basement locations. Also after running into killers running Ultimate Weapon at least 5 games in a row I'm back to running calm spirit and distortion. Yes, I know CS is a garbage perk. I don't care, I'm sick of the scream builds.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Calm Spirit was always secretly mid and now it's not so secretly good. Scream perks(UW) are everywhere and killers like to forget all the times they lowkey got a subconscious crow hint.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Calm Spirit was always secretly mid and now it's not so secretly good. Scream perks(UW) are everywhere and killers like to forget all the times they lowkey got a subconscious crow hint.

I've been getting better and better at noticing crow info so calm spirit would probably help someone use that against me. There's probably people out there who enjoy spies from the shadows, too, which I've always maintained is a super underrated perk.

I also have always enjoyed completely shutting down doctor whenever he shows up, which is just a nice bonus.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

How are we feeling about the event so far?

Gotta say to me it's been wildly underwhelming. The mechanics are mediocre and were confusing to figure out initially even with their attempt at an explanation and it's like, why the hell would I ever bother doing it on Survivor when all I get is Iron Will in a 12 meter circle and the killer gets Coup De Grace But Better?

Then they immediately killswitched the points offering due to loving it up so that it nullifies every other points offering, and the ultimate reward if we crank out enough of these is literally just 200%. So... a bloodhunt. The thing they've already been doing. Cool lmao. You couldn't have made it 400% or something?

Plus most of the new cosmetics are linked. Goodbye "Alex Mercer At Home" Ace Visconti, I thought you were cool but I am not looking at that ugly rear end head and definitely not paying $10 for it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

Gotta say to me it's been wildly underwhelming. The mechanics are mediocre and were confusing to figure out initially even with their attempt at an explanation and it's like, why the hell would I ever bother doing it on Survivor when all I get is Iron Will in a 12 meter circle and the killer gets Coup De Grace But Better?

Then they immediately killswitched the points offering due to loving it up so that it nullifies every other points offering, and the ultimate reward if we crank out enough of these is literally just 200%. So... a bloodhunt. The thing they've already been doing. Cool lmao. You couldn't have made it 400% or something?

Plus most of the new cosmetics are linked. Goodbye "Alex Mercer At Home" Ace Visconti, I thought you were cool but I am not looking at that ugly rear end head and definitely not paying $10 for it

God, this is 100% how I feel about it to a T, lol.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s funny how during the Q&A they insisted the game doesn’t need a big maintenance patch, and since then they’ve killswitched like two killers (for well over a week!), multiple perks, flashlights…twice, and now their new event comes out and the event offerings are killswitched on day one.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I hate people who slug for the 4K so much. It's such a tiny but critical symptom of the try-hard horseshit that's ruined this game.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 19, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

rydiafan posted:

I hate people who slug for the 4K so much. It's such a tiny but critical symptom of the try-harp horseshit that's ruined this game.

You're not wrong but this is where my annoyance with BHVR lies. They actively design challenges to pit killer against survivor, and even survivor against survivor in the sweattiest ways.

Veterans know, most of the time its just the other side being douchebags but I loving hate when its like "kill everyone in a match.." or the equivalent.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's not just challenges that gently caress over the other side. I was getting really annoyed today in solo queue that none of the other survivors were loving doing anything. Like, I'm looping the killer and they're just urban evading around with their thumbs up their butts not doing the loving gens.

Then I got halfway through the event tome and found the "hide in the killer's terror radius" challenge. :bang:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Relyssa posted:

Strength in Shadows owns. If nothing else it's been excellent motivation to finally internalize all the basement locations. Also after running into killers running Ultimate Weapon at least 5 games in a row I'm back to running calm spirit and distortion. Yes, I know CS is a garbage perk. I don't care, I'm sick of the scream builds.

I actually really like Calm Spirit as an addition to stealthy builds, it shores up a lot of weaknesses of other stealth perks. Particularly i like it with Parental Guidance, Iron Will, Lightweight, basically a lot of places where you're given up by crows as you try to run from a killer. I defended cs before UW tho. Being able to also do totems/chests quietly can come clutch in a pinch. Pairs well with a lot, counters some meta perks there, has bunches of side mini perks. CS is good imo.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

Its very mid but its better than lights out I guess.

They didn't even give the killer a new animation for grabbing a blood thing, its just the totem animation. Its so unbelievably lazy.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Calm Spirit gets better as more scream perks are added and 4 of the last 6 killers have added a scream perk (Hex: Face the Darkness, THWACK!, Ultimate Weapon, Friends Til The End) and of them, 3 are incredibly powerful if used properly. It's Survivor Lightborn. It's a hard stop measure to a mechanic that has soft stops, at the expense of a more useful perk.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Pretty much my exact thoughts. It's garbage.

curiousTerminal posted:

Calm Spirit gets better as more scream perks are added and 4 of the last 6 killers have added a scream perk (Hex: Face the Darkness, THWACK!, Ultimate Weapon, Friends Til The End) and of them, 3 are incredibly powerful if used properly. It's Survivor Lightborn. It's a hard stop measure to a mechanic that has soft stops, at the expense of a more useful perk.

I hadn't thought about the Lightborn comparison, and as someone who absolutely loves Lightborn it's a very good one. Sure, there will always be more useful or powerful perks but it's nice and comfy and it completely shuts down something that can be otherwise annoying to deal with.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 19, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I will say the art team did a great job as always. The new lobby is gorgeous. The blood stuff looks really nice ingame. The hooks and gens are really beautiful. It's kind of sad really. All that work, doing their best to make it look like anything in the trailer, etc.

It's just such a wet fart otherwise. You hyped us up and axed LNY for this?

Also I just want to say I loving hate SWFs who visibly only give a gently caress about each other. Had a 2-man who only cared about themselves, didn't care about unhooking anyone else even with Kindred, only cared about trying to head-on the killer or get their teammate out with Breakout. At the end they were both in the gate fully healed and wouldn't even come out to body block for an injured survivor that was right there. Just bare minimum poo poo.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Dbd is just a microcosm of the steady decay of society so it shouldn't be surprising, but still is for some reason

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Relyssa posted:

Pretty much my exact thoughts. It's garbage.

I hadn't thought about the Lightborn comparison, and as someone who absolutely loves Lightborn it's a very good one. Sure, there will always be more useful or powerful perks but it's nice and comfy and it completely shuts down something that can be otherwise annoying to deal with.

Except I can see the flashlights in the lobby before choosing to add Lightborn. When I equip Calm Spirit I have no Idea if I'm just spending a perk slot to be worse at totems.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Except I can see the flashlights in the lobby before choosing to add Lightborn. When I equip Calm Spirit I have no Idea if I'm just spending a perk slot to be worse at totems.

It does help with crows, which is not nothing. But yeah, I see where you're coming from. There's days I will run it just to ensure I don't have to deal with UW and don't care if it's a wasted slot otherwise because it can be so infuriating to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Random thought, but I'm curious why people (otz etc) seem to think DS is fine and doesn't need any buff or change after I feel everyone agreed for ages post nerf that it was pretty bad. Is it just due to meta shifting encouraging tunneling more which makes even the few seconds of inconveniencing the killer more worth it than it was, say, 6 months ago? I do notice it showing up in my games more than it used to lately.