Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DalaranJ posted:

Am I understanding correctly that they took over his controls and then gave him (themselves) a wallhack?

the hackers also gave him an aimbot. That knockdown he gets after shooting two arrows? Its not someone on the team he's looking at, it's someone over 300m+ away he isn't even looking at. There's another clip of the pro who got knocked being baffled and finding out what happened later.

The next game a different player got hacked on another team as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the Apex Legends controversy, what evidence is there that this is legit, as opposed to just someone got caught with an intentionally installed hack on their PC and they are blaming it on something else? Like I hate to have this sort of reaction, but its way too common lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it happened to multiple people simultaneously and the hacker was posting messages in chat like THIS LOBBY HAS BEEN HACKED BY THE ELITE HACKER CREW

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

it happened to multiple people simultaneously and the hacker was posting messages in chat like THIS LOBBY HAS BEEN HACKED BY THE ELITE HACKER CREW

Yeah, but that doesn't really prove anything

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

gently caress, stranger of paradise: final fantasy origins is on sale and i wanted it. but i also got balatro and in stars and time and the season pass for fate samurai remnant. in fact half my wishlist is on sale

why are they putting so many games on sale at a time im technically tighter in money and time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, but that doesn't really prove anything
they went on to post their social security number and replaced all the textures with a picture of them giving a thumbs up next to their computer running hackapex.exe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

they went on to post their social security number and replaced all the textures with a picture of them giving a thumbs up next to their computer running hackapex.exe

Fair enough, that sounds legit to me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I said come in! posted:

For the Apex Legends controversy, what evidence is there that this is legit, as opposed to just someone got caught with an intentionally installed hack on their PC and they are blaming it on something else? Like I hate to have this sort of reaction, but its way too common lol

There are now videos circulating of this hacker having done this at least 97 days ago, but they only targeted nobodies until yesterday.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i'd argue every apex legends celeb is a nobody

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

the hacker also published a book titled "Easy Anti-Cheat Hacking and Me: This Sort of Thing is My Bag, Baby"

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

it's me. i hacked the apexes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

I used to work as an art dealer actually, as a teen, at gamestop

Lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got to chapter 4 of Dead Space Remake. Yeah this is just a straight up better version of the exact same game. And as bad as a lot of recent remakes have been in terms of cutting corners and glitches I haven't had any issues whatsoever. So yea if you like the other one but want more updated graphics pick it up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this but my 360 controller crapped out and now I need a new controller for PC because I can't play elden ring with keyboard. AC6 yes great, but elden ring has too many buttons.

But, I didn't enormously like the 360 controller, found it quite uncomfortable, are there any suggestions for good PC controllers for playing console games with?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if its just ergonomics but you dont mind the xbox layout, the new xbox controllers are good and more comfortable. otherwise idk, a ps4/5 controller or an 8bitdo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this but my 360 controller crapped out and now I need a new controller for PC because I can't play elden ring with keyboard. AC6 yes great, but elden ring has too many buttons.

But, I didn't enormously like the 360 controller, found it quite uncomfortable, are there any suggestions for good PC controllers for playing console games with?

Dualshock 4 and dualsense are both good, I very slightly prefer the feel of the dualsense but it’s a lot more expensive so just grabbing a DS4 is cost effective

Obligatory disclaimer that support for playstation controllers is much more hit or miss for PC games, so sometimes you’ll have to live with xbox button prompts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah the current Xbox controllers are fine if you liked the 360 pad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the biggest issue I had was the D pad was a bit shite on the 360, especially if you wanted to use it for retro games as an actual d pad. But yeah I did find it also just produced a lot of uncomfortable pressure zones, possibly stress induced when playing elden ring but y'know.

Might go to the game shop and have a fondle of a display dual shock or something to make sure.

Honestly I miss the original X box controller, the giant one that everyone else hated. I have massive mitts so it was ideal for me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the 360 dpad sucked rear end, everything has a better dpad now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I love the controllers for the current gen Xbox so if you buy the most recent colors that just came out those will be the most updated. I have 360 Xbox one PS4 and ps5 controller and I find the series x controllers to be the most comfortable

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Honestly I miss the original X box controller, the giant one that everyone else hated. I have massive mitts so it was ideal for me.

Same, it was a good & comfy shape

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://a.co/d/2r6yG7u

They make a one of those now

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought the funny alchemy game. the solution i initially came up with for this one was very stupid. and it made me angry

but i went to bed and thought to myself, wait i could just use that other thing

much better

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

also, it's my birthday

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

also, it's my birthday

Happy birthday!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy birthday!

that second contraption is very satisfying

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

also, it's my birthday

Happy birthday Pentiment man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy bday, play some Apex - You'll be super good at it today

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Happy birthday!

Yeah, kinda getting mesmerized by the alchemy loop.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

i bought the funny alchemy game. the solution i initially came up with for this one was very stupid. and it made me angry

but i went to bed and thought to myself, wait i could just use that other thing

much better

Wait, I thought I understood this and now I'm lost again. These are the same level? What's actually set in stone about any given puzzle?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The starting input and the required output

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Happy kerzday, kerzhe

Also everytime I look at a gif of Opus Magnum another portion of my brain burns itself out trying to make sense of it

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023
the hack on apex is probably a PR stunt to give people a reason to give a poo poo about a poo poo game

poo poo on EA forever

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Waffleman_ posted:

https://a.co/d/2r6yG7u

They make a one of those now

Still $70 goddam

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Miles Morales beaten!

It was actually nice to have a small scale open world game like this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does anyone else find weird synchronicities between games they're playing and real life...

I was just reading Jeff Minters newsletter where he mentions drinking Inca Kola and somehow the next day I'm in a Peruvian restaurant drinking one... I didn't plan this I just noticed this on my drive home today

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's just the power of the Inca People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deqzy_tifRU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A bunch of idiots on a couch taking the piss always gonna be the best way to review games

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dopesilly posted:

the hack on apex is probably a PR stunt to give people a reason to give a poo poo about a poo poo game

poo poo on EA forever

no sane company would ever use hackers causing pros to cheat as a PR stunt for their game. its an insanely bad look for your game and as a company.

People hate playing vs cheaters in any competitive game and even the appearance of having a significant population of such drives people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yep. thats why its really an op funded by tim sweeney so people abandon apex for fortnite