Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Wait til you find out that you can use items from anybody's inventory so you don't even need to waste time splitting stacks!!

Maybe they fixed that, but using scrolls that let you select from multiple options from another companion's inventory broke the interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Maybe they fixed that, but using scrolls that let you select from multiple options from another companion's inventory broke the interface.

Whenever I wanted to use a Summon Elemental scroll I fully moved it and added it to the controlled character's radial.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Sorcerer took a minute to get into and understand but now its getting fun and I am enjoying having a party face that has such high charisma. He's currently a fire/dragon but I may swap over to storm because with shadowheart being a storm cleric (and that's my romance), i like the vibes together. It's funny how I have various characters almost all the way through act 1, with one of them I got to the verrrrry early stages of Act 2, but after a few month break this is the crew I'm taking to the end of the game.

Question- Act 1 is the longest act, isn't it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Act 3 is the longest act by a significant margin if you do everything.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I keep getting the itch to play this again but I'm like no no it'll be there when you get through all these other games and most likely will be updated like four times.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol it was updated today!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/7353887524205115081?l=english

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

He's currently a fire/dragon

Dang kids and their pronouns getting weirder every day.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What uh, what's happening here buddy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

What uh, what's happening here buddy

Don't body shame

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I hate my stupid klepto/hoarder gamerbrain. I am compelled to click on every loving container so I have more scrolls and potions and arrows than I could possibly use. And then I don't use them. You know, just in case I need 8 scrolls of Ray of Sickness later. For something.

The way I deal with this sort of thing is that I just decide on a specific number of potions/whatever I want in reserve, and freely use everything beyond that. That way you can at least always be confident that you have something for emergencies.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I just read viconias secret in the mirror. drat girl you could have just hung out with your friends. You didn't have to worship the goddess of you get nothing after you die.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shard posted:

So I just read viconias secret in the mirror. drat girl you could have just hung out with your friends. You didn't have to worship the goddess of you get nothing after you die.

Too much incense IMO.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

EorayMel posted:

Too much incense IMO.

I was like of course you did when I saw the memory she gave up to the mirror was her secret of missing her friends and thinking fondly of her time as an adventurer

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
If you talk to Bad End Shadowheart at the epilogue party she speculates that the reason why Viconia did everything was because it was fortold by Shar that Shadowheart would succeed and replace her, dooming her to obsolescence. This makes the entire thing an ironic prophecy because in her attempts to undermine Shadowheart (by sending her on a suicide mission for the artifact) she eventually causes the fate she was trying to avoid. It's kind of important for something that AFAIK is a very obscure piece of information! Though I guess it would be difficult to work in if Shart does not in fact oust Viconia.

mycot fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 18, 2024

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

I'm playing a 4.1.1 game with my wife and although we are doing a "good" run and we want the drow paladin lady in our party . We freed the goblin lady so all we have to do is let her take us to the drow paladin lady then make her temporarily hostile and beat her down with non lethal attacks then kill out way out, right?

I'm sorry I could look this up but we're new parents they're both sleeping now please help I want to be ready when the stars align and we can play. I read this was improved in recent patches but we don't have time to start over!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BBQ Dave posted:

I'm playing a 4.1.1 game with my wife and although we are doing a "good" run and we want the drow paladin lady in our party . We freed the goblin lady so all we have to do is let her take us to the drow paladin lady then make her temporarily hostile and beat her down with non lethal attacks then kill out way out, right?

I'm sorry I could look this up but we're new parents they're both sleeping now please help I want to be ready when the stars align and we can play. I read this was improved in recent patches but we don't have time to start over!

Yes that will work but I can confirm if you talk to the lady and plan an attack on the grove only to betray her during the siege, if you knock her out she will be available for your party later.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Shard posted:

Yes that will work but I can confirm if you talk to the lady and plan an attack on the grove only to betray her during the siege, if you knock her out she will be available for your party later.

Thanks! On my version right?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah that works. A good way to aggro her is to blow up the Scrying Eye with a thunder spell since you’ll need to kill it anyway. You’ll want to make sure she is marked “temporarily hostile” and knocked out for everything to work.

Assuming “your version” is the latest patch

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If you use garlic as camp supplies when astarion is in your party he should get disapproval. IMO.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Speaking of camp supplies, there is an achievement for only using alcohol as rest food

I actually came across that one organically because I thought it would be funny to do.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

EorayMel posted:

If you use garlic as camp supplies when astarion is in your party he should get disapproval. IMO.

Maybe the tadpole works on it as well as it does flowing water and sun

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh man is the pendant Khalid's gift a reference to the necklace you make in bg siege of dragon spear? If so I never expected Larian to reference that

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

mycot posted:

If you talk to Bad End Shadowheart at the epilogue party she speculates that the reason why Viconia did everything was because it was fortold by Shar that Shadowheart would succeed and replace her, dooming her to obsolescence. This makes the entire thing an ironic prophecy because in her attempts to undermine Shadowheart (by sending her on a suicide mission for the artifact) she eventually causes the fate she was trying to avoid. It's kind of important for something that AFAIK is a very obscure piece of information! Though I guess it would be difficult to work in if Shart does not in fact oust Viconia.

I just played through the house of grief again, and there’s one of her journals that kind of alludes to the same thing

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Mr. Lobe posted:

Maybe the tadpole works on it as well as it does flowing water and sun

No weaknesses but no strengths.

Astarion vs the Chicken Shawarma.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Yeah that works. A good way to aggro her is to blow up the Scrying Eye with a thunder spell since you’ll need to kill it anyway. You’ll want to make sure she is marked “temporarily hostile” and knocked out for everything to work.

Assuming “your version” is the latest patch

Thanks for the tip about the orb but the version is what I'm worried about.

it says 4.1.1 on the save file, so I figure what works for a recently started run might not work for mine. We can only play a few hours a week so our save was started months ago even though we haven't gotten far. The application is updated tho.

Thanks again.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

watchoutitsabear posted:

Listen man it wrecks my ✨immersion✨ to see the lead singer of Green Day in my fantasy RPG

Not as much as what happened in the fireworks shop fight. I caught the Banite dudes at the top of the stairs after sending Astarion in invisible, initiated dialogue to make them hostile but they still couldn't see me, used the Assassin subclass abilities plus Extra Attack plus Action Surge plus Luck of the Far Realms to murder three of them on the spot, then slaughtered everyone in the building, and finally a Flaming Fist guard shows up to try to arrest me for...being upstairs. Passed a Persuasion check and was let go, I guess the corpses littering the establishment are nothing to worry about.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 19, 2024

feller
Jul 5, 2006

BBQ Dave posted:

Thanks for the tip about the orb but the version is what I'm worried about.

it says 4.1.1 on the save file, so I figure what works for a recently started run might not work for mine. We can only play a few hours a week so our save was started months ago even though we haven't gotten far. The application is updated tho.

Thanks again.

4.1.1 is the current version, you are fine just play the game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shard posted:

afaik everything about her backstory and characterization is wrong in BG3, they needed a cool Shar priestess and just rememebred she is one

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

viconia definitely felt like a rare miss.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
After accidently having Shadowheart leave by not taking her along for the Nightsong the House of Grief was just me rocking up, telling Viconia "nope, she dead", and getting myself a shiny new ally. Though every companion gave their line for if, presumably, you give Shart over to Viconia afterwards

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Zodium posted:

viconia definitely felt like a rare miss.

Honestly viconia for me makes sense. Even if she went good she's still a priestess of shar and given enough time especially if you regularly give up memories I can see her ending up like this.

I mean it's not as if aeries shows up as a villain

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Also Viconia only turns good if you do her romance

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

blizzardvizard posted:

All she needed was to get laid?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lobok posted:

many such cases

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Baldur's Gate 3: Tales of the Astral Plane Expansion will feature Avariel as a new player race, and Dark Lord Quayle as the primary antagonist. Perhaps a returning companion will show up?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wizard2 posted:

Baldur's Gate 3: Tales of the Astral Plane Expansion will feature Avariel as a new player race, and Dark Lord Quayle as the primary antagonist. Perhaps a returning companion will show up?

Ok but I can totally see quale going bad. Just thinks he is better than everyone. Jan too for that matter

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

i can fix her

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lobok posted:

its all I need

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Lobok posted:

That actually fails the romance in BG2 :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just beat the Cazador fight on Tactical woo. I had three party members wait up the stairs, lied to Cazador that I would bring Astarian back and then did a sneak attack on him. I already had haste on so I was able to hit him with three smites and then run back. The other party members then joined the fight and took him out early.

But I'm having an issue. I have him at high approval rating but for some reason I didn't get the chance to ask him to be a better person. I could only tell him I wouldn't help him or let him do the ritual. Do I need higher approval or did I just pick the wrong options?