Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/BostonJerry/status/1769750520644694374

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/BostonJerry/status/1769751722358903165?s=20

hmm seems like suicide

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

dude was winning so hard he got tired of winning

you hate to see it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Barnett, like Epstein, is another tragic victim of America's ongoing mental health crisis.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

ClassActionFursuit posted:

When I think of the TikTok ban two things spring immediately to mind:

1. It's always projection and if they're worried about the what the Chinese government is doing to its social media apps then I'm worried about what our intelligence agencies are doing to ours
2. Obviously this is because it's a place where people can actually hear and see what's going on outside of the censorship regime of the west and that's unacceptable

I hear this one all the time and it never makes any sense to me. Sure, people have been talking about Gaza on Tiktok in a way they probably couldn't on other platforms, but it's not like public opinion moves the policy needle in any way so why would they care?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

In Training posted:

Barnett, like Epstein, is another tragic victim of America's ongoing mental health crisis.

Also Aaron Bushnell.

Please reach out to someone and offer help if you think they are in crisis.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

kind of crazy the run of good luck large corporations have when it comes to opposing witnesses not staying alive

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I hear this one all the time and it never makes any sense to me. Sure, people have been talking about Gaza on Tiktok in a way they probably couldn't on other platforms, but it's not like public opinion moves the policy needle in any way so why would they care?

because they lost control of the narrative and israel's propaganda fell entirely flat

they're also losing people left and right and by they i mean the dems genocide apparently is not very popular

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

because they lost control of the narrative and israel's propaganda fell entirely flat

they're also losing people left and right and by they i mean the dems genocide apparently is not very popular

I feel like if this was something to be troubled about then Israel would have been hemmed in in some way. The genocide has just been allowed to continue regardless if the plebs are saying it's bad. Voters have no levers of power to affect any policy change so if anything it would make more sense to stop pretending and just go mask off rather than try to ban a social media platform.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
loving dude was blatantly outright murdered and no one is going to do a goddamn thing. Piece of poo poo country, piece of poo poo world.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

loving dude was blatantly outright murdered and no one is going to do a goddamn thing. Piece of poo poo country, piece of poo poo world.

Remember when the initial St. Louis BLM organizers all committed suicide in burned out cars?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

yup

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I feel like if this was something to be troubled about then Israel would have been hemmed in in some way. The genocide has just been allowed to continue regardless if the plebs are saying it's bad. Voters have no levers of power to affect any policy change so if anything it would make more sense to stop pretending and just go mask off rather than try to ban a social media platform.

i mean yeah we have a fanatical zionist freak as president whos entirely delusional and believes people love him but its still working at minimum with more and more people calling for a ceasefire, and they are making GBS threads their pants over losing in november, they are being hemmed internationally, obviously it would be great if this was way faster.

it definitely helps no matter how little

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Retromancer posted:

Remember when the initial St. Louis BLM organizers all committed suicide in burned out cars?

Being an effective voice for the oppressed is a pre-existing condition to committing suicide by shooting yourself int he back of the head and throwing your body into a burning car.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Retromancer posted:

while duct taped to the steering wheel iirc. they must have been really depressed

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I am by no means suggesting that the witness wasn't murdered but I do have to ask: didn't he already give a huge amount of damning testimony that can be entered as evidence?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I am by no means suggesting that the witness wasn't murdered but I do have to ask: didn't he already give a huge amount of damning testimony that can be entered as evidence?

nope, Boeing wasn't finished questioning his testimony so I'm afraid it's incomplete and therefore invalid. to allow his very specific and well documented testimony to stand would irreparably harm the rights of Boeing, which has personhood and cannot be violated you red scum

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Retromancer posted:

Also Aaron Bushnell.

no, shut the gently caress up

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Damage done doesn't mean punishment and sending a message is off the table.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

ex post facho posted:

no, shut the gently caress up

I'm pretty sure the post I was quoting was tongue in cheek as was my post. Chill out.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Fair enough, apologies, I read over that too quickly in advance of a meeting. Rereading the post you were quoting and yours makes more sense in that context. :blush:

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Mar 18, 2024

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

unsurprising for someone to get mad at that stupid loving take when shared sincerely, though, been seeing it way too often and it makes me see red each time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Retromancer posted:

One thing that differentiates republicans from democrats is that the republicans are quite used to public opposition to their policies and they genuinely don't care what the public thinks or wants. I don't believe democrats are like this. For some reason they need to be viewed as by the people they're making GBS threads on as the Good Guys making Hard Choices and I think they view active dissent on the ground by "their people" as an existential threat which is another reason they hate the left. They simply cannot abide progressives on a platform they can't censor making them out to be the enemy even if there's no policy difference.

I think the reason for this distinction comes back to the fact that republicans are a party trying to accomplish ideological goals through political means and democrats aren't. Democrats are a fundraising apparatus that uses progressive and liberal branding. If all you have is the brand association you cannot allow a counternarrative to persist that it's all a lie.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I think that's dead-on. Bad optics and leftist dissent hurt their brand and their core message of delivering incremental change through rational but moral actions. The GOP is all about wielding power using leverage to go directly after what they want, right now, regardless of the press or public pressure. Which is why they've been 10x as effective.

FistEnergy has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Mar 18, 2024

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ex post facho posted:

in more "things nobody asked for and don't help anyone but are pushed by Democrats" news:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1768599545322041827

hill dawg has got that hamilton flow, no worries

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
2015 is building a time machine to wage war on 2024

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

I think that's dead-on. Bad optics and leftist dissent hurt their brand and their core message of delivering incremental change through rational but moral actions. The GOP is all about wielding power using leverage to go directly after what they want, right now, regardless of the press or public pressure. Which is why they've been 10x as effective.

It's one of the few things that will still get under my skin from seeing dumbass Biden defenders in the wild. They'll say something like, oh the Republicans are in such a mess they couldn't even pick a speaker. And it's like, yeah, they were slightly embarrassed in the press for a couple of days and a radical wing of the party got a bunch of poo poo that they wanted. And no one normal cared and it didn't materially hurt them. Same thing with the tea party or a bunch of other stunts. It gets treated as dumb, pointless and chaotic but then you look and they pretty much won. So...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Retromancer posted:

Somebody post the fact check dot com screenshot

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BULBASAUR posted:

Somebody post the fact check dot com screenshot

What was the fact check? "Actually according to official documents, those were all ruled suicide"?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's one of the few things that will still get under my skin from seeing dumbass Biden defenders in the wild. They'll say something like, oh the Republicans are in such a mess they couldn't even pick a speaker. And it's like, yeah, they were slightly embarrassed in the press for a couple of days and a radical wing of the party got a bunch of poo poo that they wanted. And no one normal cared and it didn't materially hurt them. Same thing with the tea party or a bunch of other stunts. It gets treated as dumb, pointless and chaotic but then you look and they pretty much won. So...

It's pointless to fret about, because liberals are just as brainwashed as the wackiest Trump supporter. They purely perceive politics as, well, a "culture war." They just want to win against the people they don't like, whether it's those dumb bible-thumpers, vapid reality-TV watchers, or whoever they personally dislike.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/1769802308370465074

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1769862965887389721

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It's funny that the united states has been a paper tiger this entire time.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

nope, Boeing wasn't finished questioning his testimony so I'm afraid it's incomplete and therefore invalid. to allow his very specific and well documented testimony to stand would irreparably harm the rights of Boeing, which has personhood and cannot be violated you red scum
It's funny how literally all of law school goes out the window as soon as it's real life, and you can just murder people.

External Organs posted:

2015 is building a time machine to wage war on 2024

Certainly feels this way.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

It's funny that the united states has been a paper tiger this entire time.

whoops we hollowed out everything, including the imperialist death machine!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. is under the curse of the Sword of Chang.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael posted:

hmm seems like suicide

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

is texas blue yet?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

is texas blue yet?

yeah sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

ClassActionFursuit posted:

1. It's always projection and if they're worried about the what the Chinese government is doing to its social media apps then I'm worried about what our intelligence agencies are doing to ours

I mean, been on reddit any time in the last 4 years?

That poo poo is owned and compromised to a wild extent