Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Cooked Auto posted:

Speaking of leaks, there's been a new one in regards to Imperial Guard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAstraMilitarum/comments/1bfpmw2/leaks_leaks_leaks/

A pair of highlights:

Read the rest in the post backwards to forwards. (For some reason.)

Yeah, it's complete bullshit, it's just a bunch of random poo poo from the 9th Edition Codex, nonsensical wishlisting, ratlings in a Scions combat patrol, the Dorn already has Squadron and then 20 man Elysian squads? Really? No, it's just made up nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBf-Nwhm3KQ

Today I learned that DragonForce released a track called Space Marine Corps recently.

Here's the opening lyrics:

quote:

Hail to the emperor and hail the high lords
Hail to the chapter and hail to the cause
Hail to the order and hail to the wars
We’re fighting uniting the Space Marine Corps

We march we’re marching we’re marching marines
We kill we’re killing we kill Tyranids
We burn we’re burning we burn Heretics
We’re servants of the Imperium Adeptus Astartees
We shoot we're shooting we shoot down the Orcs
We slice we're slicing we slice with our swords
We cheer we're cheering we cheer just because
We’re stabbing we’re jabbing to clear the Necrons

There's even a Blood Ravens namedrop in there and a mention of Primaris Marines.
Not gonna lie, the song is really weak but it's hilarious to see the 40k references worn on its sleeve.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Cooked Auto posted:

Not gonna lie, the song is really weak but it's hilarious to see the 40k references worn on its sleeve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9-N4wCR9cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArRi42El8q8

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Like everybody knows about Bolt Throwers these days. :v:
You can't be into 40k without knowing about them, because they will invariably be brought up at some point.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I only heard of them because it got mentioned once in a Sam Lenz video.

And that is all I know about them.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
the final boss of guitar hero,,,

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Are sicarians supposed to have decals on them? Not sure if there's any good places for them

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

See that, raise you: https://youtu.be/2oRyrt4iOWA?feature=shared

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Any tips for playing low model count armies against Tau?

I have a league match tomorrow and it's my 3rd 40k game ever.

Thinking I should turtle up otherwise this guy is going to blow me off the table.

I have no clue what his list looks like, but I'm running with this:

Char1: 1x Lord of Change (285 pts): Bolt of Change, Staff of Tzeentch, Rod of sorcery
Enhancement: The Everstave (25 pts)
Char2: 1x Be'lakor (350 pts): Warlord, Betraying Shades, The Blade of Shadows
Char3: 1x Shalaxi Helbane (450 pts): Lash of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Snapping claws, Soulpiercer
Char4: 1x The Blue Scribes (75 pts): Sharp quills
Char5: 1x The Changeling (90 pts): Infernal Flames, The Trickster's Staff

3x Nurglings (40 pts): Diseased claws and teeth
10x Pink Horrors (140 pts): Coruscating Pink flames, Pink claws

6x Flamers (150 pts): Flamer mouths, Flickering Flames
1x Slaanesh Soul Grinder (190 pts): Harvester cannon, Iron claw, Scream of despair, Warpclaw
1x Slaanesh Soul Grinder (190 pts): Harvester cannon, Iron claw, Scream of despair, Warpclaw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Rumor mill is that the Adepticon Chaos character sillouette is actually a refresh of a classic chaos lord miniature they're updating:-

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

Rumor mill is that the Adepticon Chaos character sillouette is actually a refresh of a classic chaos lord miniature they're updating:-

Hopefully it gets the same kind of multi-part wargear options treatment as the recent marine captain.

My probably unrealistic wish is that the model has bits to build it as WE/EC too...

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Al-Saqr posted:

shouldn't update what's already perfect

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

ah, I'd not seen the preview image. does seem to be what they're going for; and a proper generic chaos lord kit has been something that's been needed for a quite a while now. hopefully it's got some similar variations in parts, the alternates for that one are pretty cool

e: wouldn't complain if they did a plastic remake of the last generic metal CSM terminator lord either, never have managed to snag one of those

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 19, 2024

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Were Tyranid Gargoyles updated to a new model in the recent codex release? Got some people saying they were but my old models match what is pictured on the GW store still and a quick googling around makes it seem like they have the same model they've had for a long time. I don't see any images of a before/after that shows any significant changes like there is for Termagants, as an example.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

bird food bathtub posted:

Were Tyranid Gargoyles updated to a new model in the recent codex release? Got some people saying they were but my old models match what is pictured on the GW store still and a quick googling around makes it seem like they have the same model they've had for a long time. I don't see any images of a before/after that shows any significant changes like there is for Termagants, as an example.

No. The Gargoyle kit is the same as when they went from metal to plastic. I'm building an extra brood right now and the models are identical to the ones I got in 2001.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

peer posted:

shouldn't update what's already perfect

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dave Brookshaw posted:

No. The Gargoyle kit is the same as when they went from metal to plastic. I'm building an extra brood right now and the models are identical to the ones I got in 2001.

OK, cool, I have like 13 gargoyles still in one piece and want to round that out to an even 20 or so but had someone telling me they have a new model. Just didn't seem right to me and couldn't back it up with anything.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Assessor of Maat posted:

wouldn't complain if they did a plastic remake of the last generic metal CSM terminator lord either, never have managed to snag one of those

they did this in 2004

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

bird food bathtub posted:

OK, cool, I have like 13 gargoyles still in one piece and want to round that out to an even 20 or so but had someone telling me they have a new model. Just didn't seem right to me and couldn't back it up with anything.

The current plastic kit is from the 5th edition codex in 2010

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

xtothez posted:

The current plastic kit is from the 5th edition codex in 2010

Lol I'm glad I'm not smelling toast. I was not even aware of what the hell a Tyranid was in 2001, but very much remember everyone demanding plastic gargoyles to match the current aesthetic when I was walking the tightrope of being a cheerleader, but also loving space barbies. Then there being plastic gargoyles in the big reveal of Nids. 2001 would have been 3rd ed or maaaaybe 2nd metals I think? Definitely not the plastic fellas of today.

soviet elsa fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 19, 2024

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
2001 was the big Jes Goodwin Tyranid Aesthetic Revamp. Everything got redone into the more unified aesthetic we recognize today, more or less. The Hive Tyrant looked like a Xenomorph Queen and the then-new Raveners were divisive but there were definitely new metal gargoyles. Plastic gargoyles came later but I don't think they changed the look too much. I know because I was a high school nerd at the time and my English teacher caught me checking out the gaunt builder program on the class computer, then dryly, but disappointed in my lack of attention to the assignment, said "well hormagaunt makes sense since hormiga is Spanish for ant"

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 19, 2024

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

so ive got ~1400 points of old admech+an imperial knight and i'm interested in how to best go about converting that into a functional 2000-point list

it's

tech priest dominus
squad of 10 skitarii rangers
squad of 5 sicarian infiltrators
squad of 3 kataphron destroyers (all grav-cannon+flamer)
squad of 2 kastelan robots+datasmith
sydonian dragoon (radium jezzail)
squad of 2 ironstrider balistarii (both lascannon)
onager dunecrawler (neutron laser)
callidus assassin
knight warden (avenger gatling cannon, reaper chainsword, ironstorm missile pod)

I don't have any of the sprues anymore so unless i buy more of the same model and use the extras the weapons they have are the ones they're stuck with.

what do you figure you'd add to this to make it 2000 points+decent? Back when i last played this i leaned on the knight heavily because it absolutely loving shredded 1-wound space marines. i figure it still does something similar but i'd like the whole army to be a bit more functional

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 19, 2024

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Cease to Hope posted:

they did this in 2004

well that would've been impressive, since both the one i'm thinking of and the plastic sorcerer/lord combo kit were released years after 2004

had a fun obliterator-ish plasma gun arm I can't find any decent images of

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Assessor of Maat posted:

well that would've been impressive, since both the one i'm thinking of and the plastic sorcerer/lord combo kit were released years after 2004

mb, the plastic term kit was 2007, not 2004. the (~1999? ~2000?) CSM metal lord was also noteworthy for its versatility, with two melee weapons, two ranged weapons, two bodies, and two backpacks, all interchangeable.

i don't remember ever seeing that cool-rear end lord model you linked though!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

:actually: ...that fig is a sorceror, not a lord.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Thinking I should turtle up otherwise this guy is going to blow me off the table.

Char1: 1x Lord of Change (285 pts): Bolt of Change, Staff of Tzeentch, Rod of sorcery
Char3: 1x Shalaxi Helbane (450 pts): Lash of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Snapping claws, Soulpiercer

Tau get really powered up in turn 3, so I’d hope for first turn and hit them as hard as you can to remove their biggest threats before that. Don’t walk straight out of cover without a plan or anything, but if you turtle up, they’re mobile enough to move around and just annihilate you. Idk anything about playing daemons though.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Robert Facepalmer posted:

:actually: ...that fig is a sorceror, not a lord.

:wrong:

there wasn't actually a generic terminator sorcerer model of any sort until the plastic kit; prior to that it was just something you'd convert as you saw fit (and judging from the relevant era of golden demon entries, you'd probably go for abbadon as the base material)

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Assessor of Maat posted:

there wasn't actually a generic terminator sorcerer model of any sort until the plastic kit; prior to that it was just something you'd convert as you saw fit (and judging from the relevant era of golden demon entries, you'd probably go for abbadon as the base material)

Oh man Kai gun is a blast from the past

Xposting

ro5s posted:

I was painting my way through my stealer cult befor 10th/Leviathan dropped and distracted me painting that up and sorting the rest of my armies for 10th edition. I got back to them and painted up some bikers, their alphus and some little guys

I then immediately got distracted painting more Leviathan nids :v:

The second screamer killer was an attempt to make it different to the base leviathan one, the arms are all swapped around and the carapace plate added to the head. I didn't realise until I was painting it that the arms are different on top and bottom but got lucky in matching them all anyway.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

I don't play Demons but I can link you to a Discord full of some of the world's best Chaos players instead: https://discord.gg/fKC9s5HC

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Assessor of Maat posted:

gently caress.

I just saw that blister like last week and I could have sworn it was labeled on the card as 'sorceror'.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

sharkmafia posted:

admech stuff

update to this: i tooled around with it and found that a legio cybernetica build is probably the easiest/cheapest way to get this to 2000 points, plus I think it's cool. Something like this? (2000 pts)

Char1: 1x Cybernetica Datasmith (35 pts): Archeotech pistol, Power fist
Char2: 1x Cybernetica Datasmith (35 pts): Archeotech pistol, Power fist
Char3: 1x Tech-Priest Dominus (85 pts): Omnissian axe, Macrostubber, Eradication ray
Enhancement: Arch Negator (10 pts)
Char4: 1x Tech-Priest Enginseer (70 pts): Warlord, Archeotech pistol, Omnissian axe, Servo arm
Enhancement: Necromechanic (25 pts)

10x Skitarii Rangers (90 pts)
• 9x Skitarii Ranger
1 with Arc rifle, Close combat weapon
5 with Close combat weapon, Galvanic rifle
1 with Omnispex, Close combat weapon, Galvanic rifle
1 with Close combat weapon, Plasma caliver
1 with Close combat weapon, Transuranic arquebus
• 1x Skitarii Ranger Alpha: Close combat weapon, Galvanic rifle

3x Kataphron Destroyers (115 pts): Close combat weapon, Cognis flamer, Heavy grav cannon
5x Sicarian Infiltrators (70 pts)
• 4x Sicarian Infiltrator (Power weapon & stubcarbine): Power weapon, Stubcarbine
• 1x Sicarian Infiltrator Princeps (Taser goad & flechette blaster): Flechette blaster, Taser goad
2x Ironstrider Ballistarii (100 pts): Ironstrider feet, Twin cognis lascannon
2x Kastelan Robots (200 pts): Close combat weapon, Twin Kastelan phosphor blaster, Heavy phosphor blaster
4x Kastelan Robots (400 pts): Twin Kastelan fist, Incendine combustor
1x Onager Dunecrawler (140 pts): Broad spectrum data-tether, Dunecrawler legs, Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron laser
2x Sydonian Dragoons (Radium jezzail) (90 pts): Ironstrider feet, Phosphor serpenta, Radium jezzail
2x Sydonian Dragoons (Taser Lance) (120 pts): Phosphor serpenta, Taser lance

1x Knight Warden (450 pts): Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer, Ironstorm missile pod, Questoris heavy stubber, Reaper chainsword

thoughts? i gather kastelans aren't exactly top-tier right now but they seem decent enough

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 20, 2024

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Captain Magic posted:

Tau get really powered up in turn 3, so I’d hope for first turn and hit them as hard as you can to remove their biggest threats before that. Don’t walk straight out of cover without a plan or anything, but if you turtle up, they’re mobile enough to move around and just annihilate you. Idk anything about playing daemons though.

That's basically it. You cripple them in the first two turns enough that they can't come back after that. Watch out for the unit with Exemplar of the Kauyon, and you're good for turn 2.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

The Adepticon reveal stream starts in just around 10 minutes.

And the live blog page:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-2024-this-is-everything-we-revealed-at-the-latest-warhammer-preview-show/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

First reveal is two Chaos Space Marine Lords, on one foot and one with jump pack.

And either gets their own Battle force box. Which is new.

CSM also gets eight detachments.

The blog entry already up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-2024-chaos-space-marines-on-the-warpath/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 21, 2024

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

both looking good to me. jump pack guy seems like a pose that photographs really badly but will be good in person or if you attach it to the base differently. good set of nice alternate parts for both as well

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 21, 2024

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Lol @ 7 new detachments for chaos, brings the total to 8. Fitting.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And the new Kill Team box is Votann versus Genestealer Cultists. With new brood brothers kit based on the new Cadian kit.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-2024-kill-team-termination-sees-brood-brothers-battle-hernkyn/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 21, 2024

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That standing Lord is absolutely great. Just...heavy menace rather than raging like usual, and I am here for it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Tactical helmet smoke is inspired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Looks like they just imported the Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness AoS knights into 40k for the standing lord. I'm here for it though, those had some fantastic designs.

The jump pack lord looks like if the old Raptor kit and Haarken Worldclaimer had a baby.