Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Slotducks posted:

I don't know how anyone listens to Elon talk for more than 2 minutes without going "oh my god" and turning it off and going for a walk and never thinking about this guy ever again.

How the gently caress is he ultra rich?

He has zero problems lying even if it gets people killed.

The dude has no morals and access to money, why wouldn’t he get ultra rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Lord Awkward posted:

I didn't see that specifically but it seems to have trouble with his accent or something, so you get stuff like Tucker Carlson coming out as:

that's about half a minute so multiply the um and uh count by like 120

edit:

lol

"Centrist" is just another word for fascist, which itself is just another word for far right. Centrism is not at all what the word implies

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

DogeDesigner is Elon's alt account, right?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

you're one of elon's alt accounts

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kiwid posted:

DogeDesigner is Elon's alt account, right?

Nah, that guy has pics up of the bestest day in his life, when he met Elon.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

you're one of elon's alt accounts

What if you were, eh??

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's true, I am Elon.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
this reminds me of Kenny Powers when he is trying to make highlight reel to show to sports agents and Cleg thinks he should put some shots of him smoking weed in it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

It's true, I am Elon.

Doubt it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

From Destiny to Elon to Jirard "The Completionist", it doesn't matter how badly they gently caress up or look to have committed fraud; there's going to be some white knight on the internet telling us not to believe our lying eyes.

This is what pisses me off about January 6th denialists who insist that the insurrection was simply a peaceful protest. gently caress you, motherfucker. I watched it happen live. That was a loving riot, and a really bad one at that. I was horrified. People clearly had murderous intent. Ashli Babbitt is not a martyr, she was a loving terrorist who deserved what she got. That cop showed incredible restraint before he shot her, considering the situation and the extreme danger that he and the people he was tasked with protecting were facing. gently caress her and anyone who defends her or what she did.

These fuckers are continually telling us not to believe our lying eyes and that we didn't actually see what we saw. It completely infuriates me.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Kit Walker posted:

Christ this poo poo is so tedious. These are like...third grader insults, but the guy's been going at it for over a day now

Know your audience.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

...! posted:

Just FYI it's the Democratic party. "Democrat party" is a pejorative invented by Trump and perpetuated by MAGA to imply that Democrats aren't actually democratic.

No the gently caress it wasn't invented by Trump. They've been saying Democrat party since at least fuckin Newt Gingrich and I'm pretty sure earlier than that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I swear the whole proper name of the D Party thing is weird, like yeah theres the correct name, but does it matter? and its usually the people that hate the Dems the most that go "well actually "

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It feels dumb because I heard it for so many years without even realizing there was an attempted insult there. Like some weirdo's just standing there trying to own you, but then has to explain the insults and why you should be feeling bad right now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Songbearer posted:

He plays them until he hits a wall and then condemns the game as Terrible, The Worst

See his bipolar relationship with Diablo 4 and whatever that mobile game was. Also I fully believe his dislike of GTA is based entirely around how much people like it

he hates GTA6(which isnt even out yet) because antman and other regressive beta losers think its woke because the trailer had a FEMALE(and non whites?)

also killing digital cops is bad in your criminal sim game.

shyduck posted:

There is no loving way the average is 30 minutes

zipf's law, or the Whale law says that like 80-90% of a thing is caused by 20-10% of the population. so a bunch of super addicts(and bots) probably have way more than 30 min. and non whales drag the number down.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Everyone keeps saying this but never posting it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Croccers posted:

Everyone keeps saying this but never posting it.

Elon lies about many things, but I don't think he has the creativity or dedication to create a long-term alternate persona based around someone's life being changed due to being given the blandest throwaway compliment

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
do not underestimate elon musk (genius)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So the bits about Don Lemon demanding a cybertruck and stocks are completely ludicrous right.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

coconono posted:

So the bits about Don Lemon demanding a cybertruck and stocks are completely ludicrous right.

it was some real A-grade John Barron poo poo

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Captain Hygiene posted:

Elon lies about many things, but I don't think he has the creativity or dedication to create a long-term alternate persona based around someone's life being changed due to being given the blandest throwaway compliment

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

coconono posted:

not necessarily. don lemon is a clown

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

coconono posted:

i mean, obviously, since he didn't get them but still did the interview.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

morningdrew posted:

Obama is woke because he wants to milk a skinny racism cow?

those are cum buckets

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Elon Musk ate this man whole then appropriated his account

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Jelly posted:

Elon Musk ate this man whole then appropriated his account

is that what the cyberchest is

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Less Is Definitely posted:

I watched the whole interview. It think Musk knows it went poorly.

Lemon questions Musk about seemingly supporting the racist Great Replacement theory. Musk gets increasingly irritated and ultimately refuses to answer: "I don't have to answer questions from reporters." (around 00:30:00)

Lemon shows Musk several racist X posts. They discuss content moderation. Musk argues X only takes down illegal content. Musk argues taking down content where a takedown was not required by law would be censorship. If people wanted the law changed, they should try to achieve that through democratic processes. (around 00:35:00)

They discuss Musk's public claims that DEI initiatives lead to a lowering of standards for pilots or doctors and are thus endangering lives. Lemon presses Musk to substantiate his claims. Musk retorts that people on X will provide evidence his claims are substantiated. Lemon makes the point that Musk, as a massively influential person, has an obligation to check the facts himself before he makes public claims. (around 00:42:00)

Musk about people pointing out systemic racism: "I think we should not make this a constant subject. I think we need to move on." Lemon asks: "You don't agree that this country was founded on racism and founded on slavery and, in many ways, inequities that still continue on to this day?" Musk replies: "[...] I think we want to look the future rather than the past. Instead of engaging in constant rehashing of the past... because... in fact, if you look at history, broadly, everyone was a slave. Everyone." (around 00:44:00)

Lemon talks about studies that indicate more diverse companies are more innovative and profitable. When asked to comment on this, Musk avoids an answer. (around 00:50:00)

A bit further on, Lemon asks Musk: "Do you have any desire to understand what many people of color and even trans people, how they feel about this country and how they are treated in this country, if they say they believe they are treated a certain way in this country, why don't you believe them?" Musk slaps this down with: "You cannot have a situation where someone is a self-described victim and they just get to be that because that's how they feel." (around 00:56:00)

man i would love to have a live feed of the green room or whatever where musk ended up after that interview. although i guess hes dumb enough to think he did a great job so maybe it would just be him congratulation himself

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kit Walker posted:

That particular bit was especially dumb. We don't necessarily want laws totally banning hate speech because that can be a total clusterfuck of abuse and enforcement by the government. But we do want public spaces where we really don't have to entertain bigots spouting their garbage to an audience of millions. The idea is to create a society that's better than the bare minimum enforced by the government at gunpoint. Getting your account suspended for posting slurs isn't, and shouldn't be, comparable to getting thrown into jail for saying them

hes like every other rich moron that never went to college and was born wealthy. they think theyre right about everything and have zero interest in understanding why things are the way they area and what attempts have been made to change said things in the past. he doesnt care why an abused person thinks theyre abused if that person isnt someone he thinks deserves sympathy. everything is framed from his perspective, empathy is an impossibility

its of course all the more terrifying with someone that is obsessed with breeding.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

bobjr posted:

Do you think Elon enjoys playing video games? Or is he one of those people who play them to find things to get mad about

i doubt he enjoys much of anything

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the followers of fascists are always more insane than their leaders, but this guy is another level of cultist

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

digital penitence posted:

Looking good at Space X yesterday!

I cant stop thinking about how Elon wears a bullet proof west but doesnt have one for his son

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

The Alchemist posted:

I cant stop thinking about how Elon wears a bullet proof west but doesnt have one for his son

TBH, I thought that was his naturally unnatural shape. Looking up that old picture of him on the yacht, I'm inclined to say that's all him.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Non-Euclidean Elon., where we can see the front of his rib cage and his back at the same time.

Elon, OUR STOCK HAS ONLY HALVED IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, I BLEW 44 BILLION ON A LOSING VENTURE TO POST MEMES
AND I TOLD OUR INVESTORS OUR NEW CAR WILL DIG OUR GRAVES, Ketamine helps me work better.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He is a potato.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

LordSloth posted:

TBH, I thought that was his naturally unnatural shape. Looking up that old picture of him on the yacht, I'm inclined to say that's all him.

He's definitely sucking in his gut.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He is a potato.

That’s an insult to potatoes. The man is a trapezoid.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s an insult to potatoes. The man is a trapezoid.

Hey, what did trapezoids ever do to you. The man is an overly large pillow trying to ware a pizza box.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Captain Hygiene posted:

That could be anyone in the photo, come on.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

happyhippy posted:

Non-Euclidean Elon., where we can see the front of his rib cage and his back at the same time.

You know, that actually explains a lot now that I think about it. His weight distribution makes a lot more sense.