Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Wait so we've got 3 skills down from 6?

It's four actually, down from 6. Or up from 3, for Warrior. But also a lot of former skills have been integrated into basic moveset stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if nothing else, 4 skills is a direct upgrade for warriors

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are Core Skills, which don't take up slots and contain some stuff that was must have in the previous games, and Skills which you have 4 slots for.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Presumably it's also 4 skills you're actually going to use as well, as opposed to the system in DD1 where sure, I get 6 as a fighter, but I'm struggling to find more than 1 shield skill that I'll ever press so in reality I have 3-4.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah plus for most classes you got 3 skill slots for each weapon and since you only have a single weapon now you technically get more skill slots for that weapon specifically.

The only classes it really hurts are Mage/Sorcerer because they had the full 6 spells and that already felt a bit restrictive. Especially Sorcerer here since the core skill is just a way to cast faster.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Zore posted:

Yeah plus for most classes you got 3 skill slots for each weapon and since you only have a single weapon now you technically get more skill slots for that weapon specifically.

The only classes it really hurts are Mage/Sorcerer because they had the full 6 spells and that already felt a bit restrictive. Especially Sorcerer here since the core skill is just a way to cast faster.

Having heal be a core skill for the mage will certainly help a little bit, but yeah, I'm curious how it's going to work in practice because it sounds bad in theory.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Mages have quick cast too. I think Sorcerers have stamina recovery in the spot mages have heal. As far as I can tell the way it works for both classes is that if you press the button while not casting you will cast heal or the stamina recovery ability, but if you press it while casting another spell then you get spell haste for a stamina cost. It's possible I'm slightly off on that, though.

I'm basing this off the previously released info that goes up to vocation rank 4 (out of 9), I'm sure you can find more complete info on higher levels core and slotted skills now with the leaks but I'm avoiding that.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zore posted:

They also have a way to (augment spoiler, or core skill, not sure which) store a spell and cast it instantly next time they cast at the cost of stamina

which absolutely rules and will be extremely funny if exequy is in this game

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Mages have quick cast too. I think Sorcerers have stamina recovery in the spot mages have heal. As far as I can tell the way it works for both classes is that if you press the button while not casting you will cast heal or the stamina recovery ability, but if you press it while casting another spell then you get spell haste for a stamina cost. It's possible I'm slightly off on that, though.

I'm basing this off the previously released info that goes up to vocation rank 4 (out of 9), I'm sure you can find more complete info on higher levels core and slotted skills now with the leaks but I'm avoiding that.

Sorcerer R2 is recovering stamina extremely fast (mage is anodyne). Sorcerers seem like they cast off of stamina and can use it to do a bunch of poo poo, which is kinda neat. Gonna need stamina augments for sure.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm still criminally undecided on which set of my characters to pick from. Cat, human, or thanks to inspiration from this thread: some green people I get to pretend are goblins.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

There are Core Skills, which don't take up slots and contain some stuff that was must have in the previous games, and Skills which you have 4 slots for.

Yeah this makes it a lot better. I was looking it up and seeing Tusk Toss as a core skill on Fighter is a tremendous upgrade. Anodyne being a core skill on sorcerer solves a huge amount of problems and allows a lot of flexibility. It's just a huge indirect nerf to the boon spells since they're situationally powerful but now you don't have the slots to spare I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah this makes it a lot better. I was looking it up and seeing Tusk Toss as a core skill on Fighter is a tremendous upgrade. Anodyne being a core skill on sorcerer solves a huge amount of problems and allows a lot of flexibility. It's just a huge indirect nerf to the boon spells since they're situationally powerful but now you don't have the slots to spare I think.

You can swap skills out at any campfire so while it's kind of a nerf to general use, it does mean that if you know you're going after something that ill likes fire you can toss the boon spell on.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Dying for Review Wednesday to tell me this thing runs fine on a Steam Deck.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
no shot

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lol it's barely going to run on a PS5

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i might need to buy a new CPU to play this at the level i want to play it at, and i might actually do it just for the sake of playing it at the level it deserves

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Nuebot posted:

I'm still criminally undecided on which set of my characters to pick from. Cat, human, or thanks to inspiration from this thread: some green people I get to pretend are goblins.

Excited to see how racist our pawns are preprogrammed to be. Can they direct their interdimensional hatred towards player appearance?

It's a shame we couldn't alter tooth size for massive underbites. I think that massive level of face alterations will be next gen tech.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

Excited to see how racist our pawns are preprogrammed to be. Can they direct their interdimensional hatred towards player appearance?

It's a shame we couldn't alter tooth size for massive underbites. I think that massive level of face alterations will be next gen tech.

Weird thing to be excited for

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When does GMG normally send out steam keys for preorders? I got the fancy version since they have it for about $11 off and I liked DD1 enough to go for it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thumbtacks posted:

i might need to buy a new CPU to play this at the level i want to play it at, and i might actually do it just for the sake of playing it at the level it deserves

I wished that the character creator contained a benchmark so I could see how my i5 8400 would fare on it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

Excited to see how racist our pawns are preprogrammed to be.

:dafuq:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheMostFrench posted:

Excited to see how racist our pawns are preprogrammed to be.

Why do you say this?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Owl Inspector posted:

When does GMG normally send out steam keys for preorders? I got the fancy version since they have it for about $11 off and I liked DD1 enough to go for it.

Usually the day before. I'm waiting as well.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
definitely keeping the old man arisen because it's hilarious but i'm torn between his large old wife or a cat girl or something just to have some variety

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Nuebot posted:

Weird thing to be excited for

I said come in! posted:

Why do you say this?

That came across far too seriously. The pawns are canonically targets of racism or at least prejudice for their unusual emotionless nature. I'm told the game opens with a Pawn slave mine. Now people are using the character building tech to create even more non-human pawns, and I'm sarcastically remarking that I just can't wait to see how they'll handle that.

No I am not actually hoping they will be racist.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In DD1 I mapped sprint to the circle button (on top of the default interact function using Steam Input) because thumbstick buttons are painful, and looks like DD2 does the same thing.

Anyone know if R3/L3 are used for anything in DD2?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

lol it's barely going to run on a PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibu4qX5t_k

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Hmm I bet it'll run good if I stream it to my deck

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
alright i have decided, here are my boys

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Why are you playing as my middle school teachers

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Thumbtacks posted:

drat, you're right, I should add a bunch of tattoos to the Buddha I made for my Arisen.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
tried to make the fat one look drunk and british, hard to give him the right red shade for his skin but i'll take it. the fat one is, of course, min height, and the tall one is not quite maxed but pretty tall. Harry and Barry

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Much as I want the GMG discount, I think I would rather have the ability to refund if my processor isn't up to snuff, or if it is a bad PC Port. On the other hand, RE Engine games do generally run pretty well in my experience at least, so that is what I am hoping.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Unlucky7 posted:

Much as I want the GMG discount, I think I would rather have the ability to refund if my processor isn't up to snuff, or if it is a bad PC Port. On the other hand, RE Engine games do generally run pretty well in my experience at least, so that is what I am hoping.

fwiw the character creator at least holds a steady 45fps at 1440p for me on my (very long in the tooth) Ryzen 5 3600x and RTX 3060Ti. That's the recommended CPU according to the steam store page and better than the recommended GPU, and the texture setting certainly seem to be absolutely cranked up, so I'm pretty hopeful that active gameplay on like, medium settings without ray tracing or anything will be attainable. And if it's not, well, I needed something to push me over the edge into buying a thousand dollars worth of computer parts that will be obsolete in five years and maybe being hype for DD2 will do it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

fwiw the character creator at least holds a steady 45fps at 1440p for me on my (very long in the tooth) Ryzen 5 3600x and RTX 3060Ti. That's the recommended CPU according to the steam store page and better than the recommended GPU, and the texture setting certainly seem to be absolutely cranked up, so I'm pretty hopeful that active gameplay on like, medium settings without ray tracing or anything will be attainable. And if it's not, well, I needed something to push me over the edge into buying a thousand dollars worth of computer parts that will be obsolete in five years and maybe being hype for DD2 will do it.

Sweating with my 2080ti here and looking forward of playing DD2 this weekend with settings that make everything look like playdough.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Steam release is officially confirmed global at midnight GMT, so 8 PM EDT on Thursday. Console is midnight local time (EDT in US/CA).

Also, is anyone working on the thread or whatever we're going to use for friends/pawn code sharing?

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 19, 2024

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

dragons dogma, guys. dragons dogma

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wow the release date really crept up on me, I'm going to have to open up the character creator and get to town deciding who or what I want to import tomorrow.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Thumbtacks posted:

The top one looks like Pete Postlethwaite in The Town (this is a compliment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The top one looks like Pete Postlethwaite in The Town (this is a compliment)

New pawn and arisen idea

Sharpe and Harper
Sharpe and Obadiah Hakeswill