Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sekhmet laid around listening to her favorite band (I'm really not making GBS threads you, either; this is the one band where she chills down from street cat completely) while we were doing chores, on the good speakers laying on the best bed.
also that room has tunable lights and she's really down with one off, one at the most 70's orange at 10%

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

MrQwerty posted:

Sekhmet laid around listening to her favorite band (I'm really not making GBS threads you, either; this is the one band where she chills down from street cat completely) while we were doing chores, on the good speakers laying on the best bed.
also that room has tunable lights and she's really down with one off, one at the most 70's orange at 10%

I wonder what would happen if you played her some Earth Tongue?
https://youtu.be/nw-bdf4cQNs?si=33BzgZiVB5YzeLLG

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shithouse Dave posted:

I wonder what would happen if you played her some Earth Tongue?
https://youtu.be/nw-bdf4cQNs?si=33BzgZiVB5YzeLLG

She's pretty OK with Fuzz and stuff, and believe it or not she likes High on Fire. She'd probably be chill with that. But man 12 minutes onward in On the Mountain at Dawn is her jam.
She likes Nina Simone, Erykah Badu, Outkast, Ween and disco a lot, too.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Kitty’s got good taste

E: and also a good name. I once made a beer dedicated to Hathor/Sekhmet. It had date syrup and pomegranate juice, and was ruby red, like a river of blood to fool Sekhmet into getting drunk and passing out. A toast to your little soft mistress of destruction!

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 19, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Shithouse Dave posted:

Kitty’s got good taste

E: and also a good name. I once made a beer dedicated to Hathor/Sekhmet. It had date syrup and pomegranate juice, and was ruby red, like a river of blood to fool Sekhmet into getting drunk and passing out. A toast to your little soft mistress of destruction!

we were trying to figure out her name and once my girlfriend floated bast around I was like you know what, what's the most obscure one I can find; and as it turns out, it fits her personality perfectly.

wikipedia posted:

In a myth about the end of Ra's rule on the earth, Ra sends the goddess Hathor, in the form of Sekhmet, to destroy mortals who conspired against him. In the myth, Sekhmet's blood-lust was not quenched at the end of battle and this led to her going on a bloody rampage that laid Egypt to waste and almost destroyed all of humanity. To stop her, Ra and the other gods devised a plan. They poured out a lake of beer dyed with red ochre or so that it resembled blood. Mistaking the beer for blood, Sekhmet drank it all and became so drunk that she gave up on the slaughter and returned peacefully to Ra.[5] The same myth was also described in the prognosis texts of the Calendar of Lucky and Unlucky Days of Papyrus Cairo 86637.[6]

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 19, 2024

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Of course kitty likes ween. Cover It With Gas And Set It On Fire is the national anthem of cat.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

peep is loving Pissed Off because i told him about seeing one of his old street rivals catching a mouse

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
drat, that cat looks more pissed than smudge.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

That cat is gonna sneak out of the house after dark and gently caress some poo poo up

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

juggalo baby coffin posted:

peep is loving Pissed Off because i told him about seeing one of his old street rivals catching a mouse

So disgusted. :mad:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

juggalo baby coffin posted:

You literally have the yelling woman at salad cat meme cat :stare:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Woke me up at 4:30am, a full hour before my alarm, by tap dancing on my head. And then tried to stop me from leaving for the office by grabbing my hand pulling it back inside when I tried to close the door.

Sorry Zuzu. :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Providing lap warms

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Dog was staring at the door to the stairs. I open it and there's Noon on the bottom step, upside-down, eyes huge, all four paws wiggling. She then proceeding to slowly flop down the last step. I sadly didn't capture it on video.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I took a rather large beige crocheted blanket nobody wanted that my great grandma made in the early 90s from my dad; now Sekhmet has decided it's her favorite of all the good blankets (there are good blankets and bad blankets, generally involving fleece).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it is overcast this morning, so she led me to where her favorite sunshaft should be on the floor and looked up at me. it was pretty flattering

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Judged me.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vakal posted:

Judged me.

angry cloud

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Shithouse Dave posted:

Kitty’s got good taste

This is perfect and I wish I could try it.

Re: cats- we ended up keeping a kitten of indeterminate age after a friend of the family (now annoyance of the family) foisted her on us. Without going into the details, we agreed to keep her under the condition that they'd pay the bill for getting her spayed.

However our normal vet has a miles long waiting list. A list so long that she's matured from kitten to adolescent cat in the interim.

So what Nugget has been doing has been yelling incessantly and desperately to get hosed. Please, Nuggie, my name is DicktheCat, but Dick stands for Richard in this case, not penis. There is no one here that can or will gently caress you.

Other than that, Nugget is a really sweet little cat, and I've actually had success in harness training her so we can enjoy spending time in the yard when she's not in heat. She loves it, and if she sees me approach the coat rack where I hang her harness/ hears the jingle of me getting it down, she comes running. We don't go anywhere but the yard, but she seems to have fun exploring the Big Outside at her own pace. It's fun to have a cat that can safely enjoy the yard!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Ran around like a goddamn maniac when I just wanted to sleep in a bit more before getting up to shower and get ready for work. :mad:

E: Taking a nap with Ella now. All is forgiven.

Sometimes she really enjoys getting head and nose rubs.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 22, 2024

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Ran around like a goddamn maniac when I just wanted to sleep in a bit more before getting up to shower and get ready for work. :mad:

oh my god i love her

The Bible
May 8, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

it is overcast this morning, so she led me to where her favorite sunshaft should be on the floor and looked up at me. it was pretty flattering

So? Did you fix it?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

YOOF. Please give her a nose rub for me.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
BTW: By nose rubs, I don't mean nose boops on the front of her nose (not that she minds), but rather stroking the bridge of her nose up to the top of her head.

I wonder if she'd like one of those head scratchers with the multiple thin metal bands, if you know what I'm talking about.

This thing:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

MrQwerty posted:

I took a rather large beige crocheted blanket nobody wanted that my great grandma made in the early 90s from my dad

I'm unsurprised no-one wanted a blanket made from your dad!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

my cat stole my seat when i got up to put the chickens to bed and he wont move

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He's got those gams lined up perfectly, he can't ruin that

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Churchill loves his cat milk,

but he's not very good at it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Got a certified blep moment while I was patting her booty and back.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

this is one of my favorite pictures of sekhmet when she was a kitten

not much has changed in her daily behavior

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Bible posted:

So? Did you fix it?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Showed his killing intent by hissing at the ribbon while playing with it.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Vice informed us that he has learned how to open the kitchen cupboards.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Lotta good cat names in this thread

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nobody Interesting posted:

Vice informed us that he has learned how to open the kitchen cupboards.

:hmmyes:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

My building has had electricians in the basement the last three days, and Leia has been freaking out over all the strange thumps and voices coming from the floor. Now it's time to forget all that and relax.

edit: :orb:

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

good ol Bonesaw :3: