Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

idiotsavant posted:

How exactly does cuckoos work anywyas? At some point it just turns into a random exalted?

you take them to the vendor and shift click them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

idiotsavant posted:

How exactly does cuckoos work anywyas? At some point it just turns into a random exalted?

I think you have to have it equipped for that to happen, similar to the gimmicks from Weavers Will items or Merophage, except just slightly too far beyond the line between "usable gimmick, maybe give it a shot for funsies" and "useless gimmick, vendor"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Did my first slam and I'm beyond happy mainly cause I normally have poo poo luck with stuff like this

Ta Da!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat that's sick!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not quite on the same level but im happy with this one

dropped a 1 lp twisted heart tonight, did not hit the t7 cold res i was aiming for unfortunately. i might buy a few more and try again later. this was my first time fighting t4 julra which people have said is hard but compared to hard poe bosses is really not bad at all.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Lpzie posted:

lol i just bought like 12 pages of cuckoo's listed below 500 gold from the market. used 500k favor but i farm it fast enough anyway. sorry to everyone that that has to go through 50 pages of listings to find the sale only to see no money from it. i sold them all to the vendor

earning LE gold 101

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think you have to have it equipped for that to happen, similar to the gimmicks from Weavers Will items or Merophage, except just slightly too far beyond the line between "usable gimmick, maybe give it a shot for funsies" and "useless gimmick, vendor"

The resulting item keeps the Cuckoo implicit, so if the exalted stats really hit it can be worth quite a bit.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Erulisse posted:

earning LE gold 101

Actually searching for Unique rarity, LP max 0, sort by price nets a fuckton of 0g uniques easily buyable to vendor for 500g and also increases rep with MG by buying for favor

e
~140k favor spent on buying merophages for 1.4k ea (and assortment of other poo poo) netted me almost an entire rank

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 19, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fuuuuck i missed the t7 %health. so sad right now

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Erulisse posted:

Actually searching for Unique rarity, LP max 0, sort by price nets a fuckton of 0g uniques easily buyable to vendor for 500g and also increases rep with MG by buying for favor

make sure you're buying from the last page to really piss people off...

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Lpzie posted:

make sure you're buying from the last page to really piss people off...

I'd love to!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

....at 0g damnit!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Killed the stupid dragon a few more times and finally brought my Falconer to 92% crit avoidance. Not the best outcome in the world but I'm done with this cursed timeline for now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The search function in Marketplace leaves a lot to be desired. You can only pick one affix tier level so, like, if you want to find something with a specific T7 but also with some lower tier stuff on it for craftability, no can do. Unless I'm missing something.

Also no way to check for roll values on stuff.

lol

they just need an "apply loot filter" checkbox for the market, the filter is so good why would they do this

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Decided to make an Online character last night because I assume it'll be way easier to get LP2 stuff via Merchant's Guild, but man the slight delay on zone transitions is annoying me. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still noticeable. And not being able to use Movement skills in town.

Though the worst part is having to start fresh with no Crafting Materials :negative:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For anyone still struggling with loot filters, Raxxanterax has set up a nice template one that you can personalize a little and use for any class build:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8r7J1EKQyI

It's nice because this one is designed for leveling as well as endgame.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 19, 2024

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Lpzie posted:

....at 0g damnit!!

Look im no god gamer, I just clicked on last page as instructed :(

Im just omnis and heart of uhkeiros drops short to switch to cof, sigh
boneclamor took me ~300 echoes lol

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 19, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Oh hey, I'm rich.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is there a multiplier that makes additional LP slots more likely at high corruption or does that merely increase by virtue of more poo poo dropping on the ground?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a multiplier that makes additional LP slots more likely at high corruption or does that merely increase by virtue of more poo poo dropping on the ground?

yes, higher corruption leads to higher lp items dropping more frequently, but also yes, higher rarity will lead to more unique drops, and thus compounds.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How come there are static LP % rates listed on sites then? Wouldn't that imply the % of uniques with LP is fixed, you just get more uniques with higher corruption?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's the rate at 100 Corruption, IIRC.

Pretty sure it has a little (i) which you can mouse over to see the explanation

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"The quantity of legendary potential that a unique item drops with is influenced mainly by the level of the zone which it drops in, but corruption also increases it slightly. Increased rarity mods, character level or any other modifiers have no effect."

according to lastepochtools

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

what a goofy item lmao, it tried so hard to be good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Finally you can make your mana strike/disintegrate build

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tonetta posted:

what a goofy item lmao, it tried so hard to be good

Time for a Mage focusing on Disintegrate then. :getin:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Everybody, please, sit down for this one...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Fools...FOOLS!"

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
peak IS right, that is an incredible one

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is there a way to remove the level requirement of an item so an alt can use it?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lysandus posted:

Is there a way to remove the level requirement of an item so an alt can use it?

No, but you can slam a super high-tier exalted with a level 99 requirement into a level 5 required unique, and it's the level 5 requirement that will be in the resulting legendary.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Bleh, got all excited to buy and craft a LP2 Marina's Lost Soul and realized its a L78 unique so its gated by T4 sanctum which I have no chance at. Guess I just limp along until I can do a better build.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Can anyone explain how swarmblade druid works? The guide says to get a swarm, then switch to werebear form, Roar, and swap back to swarmblade, and somehow that extends the duration? I don't see what makes it do that, and I don't think it does do that. Maybe that was something that got patched out? The guide is only a month or so old

nevermind, when I respecced everything I missed the node in swarmblade form that does that.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 20, 2024

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
realized i had one of those wraithlord helmets so i started leveling a necro. feels fun running around with all the bone bros and a mess of low level uniques + the pebbles set. Hit 40 today, will try to get to 65 soon so i can start wraithing and lording.

idk if i'm going to push corruption much at endgame but there's a lot to this game that i really like. excited to see where it goes and maybe keep messing with alts. i thought of falconer but might do runemaster instead. i've always loved whizzards and magic weirdos.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Got a 1 LP Omni. Realize it's level 76. Spent the last hour+ trying to beat T4 Julra. Burned like 10 keys and switched my build twice.

Finally got it and hit the worst affix. What a game

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

O_O....

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Exalted gear is just gear with at least one T6 or T7 affix, right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

You can no longer gain experience while in the grace period

i think people mentioned using this to powerlevel in arenas, so thats dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Right now the bug I most want fixed are the sticky glyph tooltips that block your entire crafting screen until you mouse back over the glyph