Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Humphreys posted:

Why the gently caress didnt they use the Devils head as the actual logo? Also, wonder how much money THAT design cost them.

30 million dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the terrible logo and the colour scheme have some kind of history with footy in tas, they didn't just pull it out of their arse. Looks dumb though

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I'm glad they put a big T in it, wasn't clear

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

they didn't just pull it out of their arse.

despite looking like they did exactly that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I for one am happy to have an AFL team named the maps

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I for one am happy to have an AFL team named the maps

Sponsored by Gregory's.

gently caress I'm old.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

EoinCannon posted:

Apparently the terrible logo and the colour scheme have some kind of history with footy in tas, they didn't just pull it out of their arse. Looks dumb though

Isn’t it their old VFL logo from when they had a team back in the day?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gay picnic defence posted:

Isn’t it their old VFL logo from when they had a team back in the day?

Yep, from way way back in the day

Edit: god drat but this photo is 80s as hell

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 19, 2024

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the T stands for Tasmania

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Whoforthenwhat posted:

The Olympics thing is always just a gargantuan money piss away for some political dick waving. Not even to mention the whole hiding the bad side of the city by relocating homeless burying the toxic landfill etc. Don't look over there at the poors, look at our shiny new building we made for a couple of weeks.

Most of them get used for a year or two then end up skeletons of their former multi billion dollar investment or just total ghost towns left to rot and a giant debt to pay.

Countries/cities often almost go bankrupt from it. Montreal, Rio, Athens, even Sydney took a big financial hit from them.

An old crust punk at a gig a few months ago was telling me that summer hill was a big crust community but they all got pushed out by the cops in time for the 2k olympics and kind of fragmented them.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Yeah they did it all over tourism spots, the rocks, circual quay etc. Can't let the tourists see the homeless or the poor. Depending on what you read they were just all bussed out of Sydney and put into temp housing (and then booted out after Olympics of course) as far away as Newcastle.

Every country does it, it's like an Olympic tradition.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yep, from way way back in the day

Edit: god drat but this photo is 80s as hell

Big props to Tasmania for their historically accurate bad jersey

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

well why not posted:

the T stands for Tasmania

Ooooooh, and that island shaped shape it appears to be labelling?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of, we gonna talk about the Graphic Design Is My Passion jerseys for Tassies new AFL team?

Tassie football teams very dangerous in any double header

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ooooooh, and that island shaped shape it appears to be labelling?

Thats van diemens land

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ah! Diemen's rhymes with demons. That's how you know they're The Devils!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DPM posted:

:dudsmile:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

VB is pushing a low carb version that's exactly the same in all other respects and I assume it will go better than any other time they've tried to chase market trends because this time they're chasing a market trend from a decade ago as opposed to six months ago

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

DPM posted:

:master:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ray charles sings "bend over, let me see you shake your tail feather" and yet he is blind

curious

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Pauly Atraideez surf's his decade old hottest up boganmobile down main street, with hooks attached to the steering wheel

"The Nissan al-graib!"

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

ray charles sings "bend over, let me see you shake your tail feather" and yet he is blind

curious

Yeah well, he also shot at a kid (and intentionally missed) trying to steal a guitar from his music store while he was busy jamming with Jake and Elwood.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Love when ABC News does clickbait headers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

They've gotten really bad for it the last five years or so. I blame Stan zemanak for being mean to ita buttrose on beauty and the beast.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I had forgotten that turd existed. At least he's dead so my days not ruined by being reminded.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

Stick em right his pee hole he did

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

They've gotten really bad for it the last five years or so. I blame Stan zemanak for being mean to ita buttrose on beauty and the beast.

What's funnier is that you can catch it when the site loads.

There'll be an actual headline to the article, and then some articles will update to a clickbait headline; replacing the original

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
It’s especially weird because there’s no incentive to do so without advertising

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Infinitum posted:

There's definitely a Dune joke in here.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Vladimir Poutine posted:

It’s especially weird because there’s no incentive to do so without advertising

Eh like realistically they probably use the exact same lovely metrics other news orgs use for their website BC we are apparently incapable of having a service that doesn't compete with market services

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
you add enough gravy to mashed potatoes you get a soup

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Are you bored? Click here to keep up to date on current affairs in 10 seconds

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bought Dad an AFL easter egg that comes with a season ladder. I’m gonna save him some time and super glue North Melbourne to the loving bottom.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

VB is pushing a low carb version that's exactly the same in all other respects and I assume it will go better than any other time they've tried to chase market trends because this time they're chasing a market trend from a decade ago as opposed to six months ago

Gimmick or not, fewer massively obese alcoholics is only a benefit for society.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The seppos are getting End of Evangelion in the theatres.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pearls before swine

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Do you guys reckon a full bowel makes different sounding farts to an empty one (assuming the full one doesnt evacuate on a firm push)

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
More a cautious let out of gas in smaller puffs. You don't want to do rippers when you've got a loaded barrel.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

[quote="I would blow Dane Cook" post="538479254".
[/quote]

Buddy you need an avatar

e: i dont know how i broke that but i’m not fixing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Laserface posted:

Do you guys reckon a full bowel makes different sounding farts to an empty one (assuming the full one doesnt evacuate on a firm push)

I ate a pack of gummi bears before, so my farts are getting louder the longer I sit on this toilet