Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love crazy Harley. Lol remember when she pulled out a butcher knife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Angelo Ruby is cringe but I’ll always remember the time Ruby bled more than maybe anyone since Dustin Reynolds did in that match vs Cody for a throwaway tag match on some random rampage

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Ruby she’s fine.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ruby's heart ain't beatin'
cause she knows the feelin' is gone
She's not the only one who
knew there's somethin' wrong
Her lover's in the distance as
she wipes a tear from her eye
Ruby's fading out, she disappears,
it's time, time to say goodbye

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish the infantry kept shawn dean's guile from street fighter style theme music

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

thank you tony for not putting abadon on my tv so far in 2024

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

WWE fans complaining about 45 seconds every 3 shows going to a romance angle where no one wrestles 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIH_MpGBM3I

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Thank you Tony for not signing Nick Nemeth and putting a belt on him in 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

Thank you Tony for not signing Nick Nemeth and putting a belt on him in 2024

nic gets to have a wider array of interesting matchups this way

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nic gets to have a wider array of interesting matchups this way

Yeah he's got a great opponent for Triplemania

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah he's got a great opponent for Triplemania

That had to have been a random match-up on Raw at least a dozen times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol jesus christ Nic have a little self-respect.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

i dont see nemeth going the cardona or mustafa route, he has always been one foot out with comedy and acting. he'll have tna and maybe njpw as long as he wants to kill time, i just wonder how long that will be.

maybe he can be the new face of the nwa and take the ten pounds back on fox news every week

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

lol jesus christ Nic have a little self-respect.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

1glitch0 posted:

That had to have been a random match-up on Raw at least a dozen times.

The month or so between the MITB cash in and rematch on PPV where Nemeth got his head kicked in so hard he turned face was probably one of his better WWE feuds. Shame he’s gonna taint that memory by wrestling modern Alberto.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1769899472991994149

I'd have to look deeper but I'm preeeeeetty sure this one only started really moving after Big Business. Whether that's Mone or Eddie vs. Okada, says quite a bit about how the new acquisitions are landing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1769899472991994149

I'd have to look deeper but I'm preeeeeetty sure this one only started really moving after Big Business. Whether that's Mone or Eddie vs. Okada, says quite a bit about how the new acquisitions are landing.

They opened up a lot of seats, mostly hard cam, this week and they went really fast. Hard to say whether it was a Big Business pop or people just waiting for those seats. If I could go I'd have waited for this last batch of seats, especially since they were pretty reasonably priced ($30-112 CAD)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Could also be Edge vs Christian honestly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Thats been announced for a couple weeks, tickets really started moving after Big Business.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Copeland vs Christian was announced 2 weeks ago. the ticket sales increased a ton this last week only

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
People love Spike!

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

it's obviously the reveal of SPIKE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes but if they only opened those seats this week then it could be preexisting demand.

Kaveman posted:

it's obviously the reveal of SPIKE

:yeah:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Spike Dudley is back? When will Tony stop these wasteful multi-million dollar signings?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they opened those seats because the seats that weren't being sold 2 weeks ago started being sold this past week.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

Copeland vs Christian was announced 2 weeks ago. the ticket sales increased a ton this last week only

Copeland's WWE promo seg pulled in the fans brother

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like I don't think it would be fair to totally discredit a highly promoted title match with a stip that forces there to be a conclusive winner between two Torontoians that certainly does look like it's ending in a title change in selling some tickets but the timeline sure does make it seem like it's SOMETHING that was announced at Big Business that juiced this one.

And, like, come on. I love what the guy has done but let's be real here Copeland hasn't meant a thing to AEW's business.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Choosing to believe it was Moné that got things moving again. She’s a big deal with crossover demographic appeal and it’s the week after her heavily-publicized debut. Adding a strong card on top of it keeps the ball rolling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It honestly could be both her and Okada. Toronto's been turning out for the Rainmaker since the ROH Global Wars days at least.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Canada in general was a fairly hot market this time around. There's a taping in Vancouver with nothing announced like a month away that's already at 6k tickets sold

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Canada understands loyalty to Tony Kahn

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

and its much easier for tony to buy all these seats because of the brutality low Canadian dollar

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The tickets sold because the AEW fan enthusiasm has built to a fever pitch for Zak Knight vs Cool Hand Ang. Each AEW event could be the one where we finally get to see this match-up unfold, so fans are justifiably hyped. I'm envious of whoever gets to see it at Dynamite/Rampage/Collision

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yea ok posted:

Canada in general was a fairly hot market this time around. There's a taping in Vancouver with nothing announced like a month away that's already at 6k tickets sold

Some of the advances look soft but than you have some great ones too. Vancouver being so strong is impressive and I really should get tickets soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

The tickets sold because the AEW fan enthusiasm has built to a fever pitch for Zak Knight vs Cool Hand Ang. Each AEW event could be the one where we finally get to see this match-up unfold, so fans are justifiably hyped. I'm envious of whoever gets to see it at Dynamite/Rampage/Collision

They graciously offered it to AAA for Triplemania but Konnan didn't know how he could fit the hour into the timeslot

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Tato posted:

Personally I'm hoping for a sweet mixed tag match, those are never awkward and bad.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Darby got climb it change

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

and its much easier for tony to buy all these seats because of the brutality low Canadian dollar

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what do darby allin and mt everest have in common? "climb-it change"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i bought tickets to a show in montreal but didn't wind up going because it was at the same time that car blew up on the border and i didn't want the hassle. so i sold the tickets and ticket master sent me a goddamned check in canadian dollars like what am i supposed to do with this? i can't do a digital deposit and my credit union is like 250 miles away so ive got a check for $153 canadian dollars and id probably spend that in gas to deposit it.

gently caress you ticketmaster!!!

and tony, send me money thanks