Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

prince's clothing slowly getting shredded as the story progresses is such a cool detail

yup. more games should have this mechanic. due to it being a cool detail of course :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

yup. more games should have this mechanic. due to it being a cool detail of course :D

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tifa's clothing should get shredded as the game goes on haha. But not Cloud's since he has magic clothing

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Slay Sigmund
: Worship Jiyva
: Ascend as a Felid, Octopode, or Mummy (PLATINUM)
: Ascend with 15 runes as a Felid, Octopode, or Mummy (EXTREME PSYCHO PLATINUM)

jiyva ain't bad for extended. almost died to cerebov cause I thought slimify worked on demons and I had no-scroll-after-damage mutation. maxwell's capacitive coupling is OP. tomb is too goddamn hard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

it's a game that I Think People Should Play because it's the first parkour game and it instantly became part of the fabric of game design. it's mechanics are similarly influential on gaming trends as things like halo, modern warfare, re1, re4 but due to the series' tendancy to have deeply flawed aspects in their game design and management from ubisoft it falls far short of other games in terms of cultural impact.

this

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

they didn't even have to paint the ledges yellow lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

jiyva ain't bad for extended. almost died to cerebov cause I thought slimify worked on demons and I had no-scroll-after-damage mutation. maxwell's capacitive coupling is OP. tomb is too goddamn hard

trying out webtiles now and it feels weird, any way to slow down the auto explore speed a bit lol

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Evil Eagle posted:

trying out webtiles now and it feels weird, any way to slow down the auto explore speed a bit lol

travel_delay = 20

actually it might be explore_delay = 20 instead depending on if you want to slow down all movement or just 'o'

Put that in your rcfile and tweak the number to see what works for you

All the options are here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crawl/crawl/master/crawl-ref/docs/options_guide.txt

Vadun fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 18, 2024

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

hot drat, good work

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

there were a bunch of vaults enemies on d:7 in the trunk build lol. alright

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I use instant autoexplore with the trails shown. Pretty sure that's the default now since I had to create a new user and didn't change it. It takes some getting used to but unless you like interrupting your autoexplore for some reason I like it more.

the annoying thing about playing online (on cao at least) is the frequent game freezing. has almost made me go back to playing offline

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

: Defeat the vampire twins as Will (PLATINUM)

Vampires weren't that bad with Slide and Jump Attack. Down to 1 herb though

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Arch Nemesis posted:

the annoying thing about playing online (on cao at least) is the frequent game freezing. has almost made me go back to playing offline

CBRO doesn't lag/freeze up nearly as much as CAO, in my experience.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6 yaks on d:4 I'm going to play drl or tome now

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I tried playing the steam release of Sands of time recently but it was AIDS, I'm still gonna play it but I'll emulate this time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Prince of Darrell: The Bags of Dime.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

dear god...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

the epic french server has zero lag or hitching for me. sounds like a continent issue. and of course it tells you its french, as is their wont.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Stux posted:

the epic french server has zero lag or hitching for me. sounds like a continent issue. and of course it tells you its french, as is their wont.

thats legally required

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

been trying out ToME tonight. pretty fun so far. playing these other RLs makes me appreciate that crawl doesn't want you picking up all the random poo poo all over to sell or sac to gods any more. been running an elf archer and it's generally very low stress, except that spell damage destroys me. not sure if I should be dropping points into magic just for the resistances cause any spellcasters are real scary even with proactive called shots to the throat

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

: Beat the game
: Collect all 50 red jewels
: Defeat Solid Arm (PLATINUM)
My first impression to Solid Arm: this guy is as annoying as last time
My second impression: actually, it may be easier with correct positioning In the middle of the spot where the left conveyor belt drops you off, you just need to face north and block, Solid Arm's shot either get blocked or go behind and he does not shoot in a different way. And the flute has enough reach that you have enough time between projectiles to walk a bit, swing once, and resume blocking

Anyways, pretty drat nice journey, looking forward to when someone picks Terranigma.

This sig under renovation

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

drat. got blasted by a couple of golems right at the start of the golem graveyard for almost 300 damage in one turn. brutal. might try a mage next

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

6 yaks on d:4 I'm going to play drl or tome now

totally lied. this is the latest thing thats going to get me killed

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Eat the sandworm queen's heart on Adventure or Permadeath mode

Good dungeon. I forgot how many newbie traps this game has.

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
Bought and beat balatro a handful of times. Will post screenshot if the consensus is that it counts for a freestyle roguelike?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tonesy posted:

Bought and beat balatro a handful of times. Will post screenshot if the consensus is that it counts for a freestyle roguelike?

*Calmly, watching breathing exercise tiktoks for several minutes without following them* it does not.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I beat Solitaire a few times... that counts right? the deck is shuffled differently each game so it's basically the same thing as Rogue.

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
lol ok

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

try nuclear throne

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

qnqnx posted:

: Beat the game
: Collect all 50 red jewels
: Defeat Solid Arm (PLATINUM)
My first impression to Solid Arm: this guy is as annoying as last time
My second impression: actually, it may be easier with correct positioning In the middle of the spot where the left conveyor belt drops you off, you just need to face north and block, Solid Arm's shot either get blocked or go behind and he does not shoot in a different way. And the flute has enough reach that you have enough time between projectiles to walk a bit, swing once, and resume blocking

Anyways, pretty drat nice journey, looking forward to when someone picks Terranigma.

soul blazer solid arm is really easy, like "take no damage" levels. illusion of gaia one gave me trouble i think though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

oddium posted:

try nuclear throne

not a roguelike, deserves even harsher punishment

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

had hazy dreams of stumbling through qud-style dungeons encountering lots of words/effects I hadn't seen before ("here: an ironstone slime") and having a character die to accidentally taking a vow of poverty which launched all her valuable possessions at her at high speed ("the set of jangling keys flies at you like a guillotine! you take 260 damage! you die...") my brain is fully roguepilled

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

had hazy dreams of stumbling through qud-style dungeons encountering lots of words/effects I hadn't seen before ("here: an ironstone slime") and having a character die to accidentally taking a vow of poverty which launched all her valuable possessions at her at high speed ("the set of jangling keys flies at you like a guillotine! you take 260 damage! you die...") my brain is fully roguepilled

lmao

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Am I stuck? I thought the Oracle was unmovable, she is now lodged in the loving door and wont get out of my way

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

not a roguelike, deserves even harsher punishment

remember when this place had an ik that would take care of this kind of thing?

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Vadun posted:

Am I stuck? I thought the Oracle was unmovable, she is now lodged in the loving door and wont get out of my way

use the potion of oil to get her loose

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Throw rocks at her unmoving door blocking rear end, or wait for your dog to displace her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Eventually shoved her out of the way. Not sure what happened to my dog. Can you squish them in Sokoban?

: Complete Sokoban

Oh theres the dog, back on floor 2.

Vadun fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 19, 2024