Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

loquacius posted:

Apparently sucralose really fucks up your stomach lining (and a study called it "genotoxic" ???) and I already have IBS so I'm mostly off of artificial sweeteners by now bc I don't need that additional heat

Stevia is ok I think, or at least hasn't been shown in studies to be as hosed-up as the others so I'm ok with it

Hugo Chavez banned Coke Zero for a reason

are you serious goddamn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

I used to drink 2 mountain dew AMP energy zero watermelon back befor3 it was discontinued.

I remember seeing these, they now have the Kickstart stuff. Some of those are alright, the black cherry one is my fav.

loquacius posted:

Apparently sucralose really fucks up your stomach lining (and a study called it "genotoxic" ???) and I already have IBS so I'm mostly off of artificial sweeteners by now bc I don't need that additional heat

Stevia is ok I think, or at least hasn't been shown in studies to be as hosed-up as the others so I'm ok with it

Hugo Chavez banned Coke Zero for a reason

Yeah, it can gently caress up your stomach and esophagus if you drink too much. One a day with breakfast should be fine I think

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Whoah, stevia contains hantavirus??? Much to consider...

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thank you Hugo Chavez

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DID YOU KNOW: Coca-Cola was invented by a dying drug addict in an effort to make his drugs taste better

at first he put wine in it, but then Atlanta did prohibition early so the wine was illegal but the coca wasn't, so he put a bunch of sugar in there instead and the rest is history

crepeface posted:

are you serious goddamn it

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sucralose-chemical-splenda-health-effects-study
https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/news/20230601/sucralose-genotoxic-linked-leaky-gut-study
https://www.food-safety.com/articles/8641-researchers-warn-against-sucralose-after-finding-it-damages-dna-causes-leaky-gut

Coverage is kind of patchy on it since p much everyone eats sucralose all the time but it's out there

I was told by my nephrologist to drink a pretty insane amount of lime juice per diem to prevent my kidney stones and had been using poo poo-tons of Splenda to make it palatable but apparently coincidentally my IBS started getting worse. I've seen at least some improvement since cutting out the Splenda

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

Whoah, stevia contains hantavirus??? Much to consider...

that explains why my body does so much better with it

I've formed a symbiotic relationship with the hantavirus; it's taking over my body starting with the posting

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Drinking coffee with only a splash of half and half like a normal person

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

loquacius posted:

DID YOU KNOW: Coca-Cola was invented by a dying drug addict in an effort to make his drugs taste better

at first he put wine in it, but then Atlanta did prohibition early so the wine was illegal but the coca wasn't, so he put a bunch of sugar in there instead and the rest is history

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sucralose-chemical-splenda-health-effects-study
https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/news/20230601/sucralose-genotoxic-linked-leaky-gut-study
https://www.food-safety.com/articles/8641-researchers-warn-against-sucralose-after-finding-it-damages-dna-causes-leaky-gut

Coverage is kind of patchy on it since p much everyone eats sucralose all the time but it's out there

I was told by my nephrologist to drink a pretty insane amount of lime juice per diem to prevent my kidney stones and had been using poo poo-tons of Splenda to make it palatable but apparently coincidentally my IBS started getting worse. I've seen at least some improvement since cutting out the Splenda

what im hearing is that i should put lime in my coke zero

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

crepeface posted:

I cannot advise against this tbh, put lime in everything :hmmyes:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The nephrologist (kidney doctor) said I could dilute the lime juice with water and "whatever else" (direct quote) so I started making more margs and daiquiris and caipirinhas and my life has been immediately enriched

black velvet painting of Hugo Chavez and Jimmy Buffett sharing a blender of marg

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
genuinely think Fritz Kola could be a hit in the states, just normal Coke with increased coffein, so automaticlly less sweet

:coffeepal:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can't believe the divorced app guy who loves mouse turds also loves cancer and making GBS threads himself

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jose posted:

can't believe the divorced app guy who loves mouse turds also loves cancer and making GBS threads himself

my lore becomes ever more complex and incomprehensible

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

crepeface posted:

medical professionals have stated that if you drink em both together you will potentially feel betta

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jose posted:

It isbunsurprising

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

loquacius posted:

my lore becomes ever more complex and incomprehensible

Honestly, the most concerning about you is being a Boston sports fan.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm disappointed in Michael Rappaport, but will still listen and enjoy him

i'm more of a chet hanks kinda guy myself

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

since saying I hate something apparently gets it on the record that I actually love the thing and vice versa I'd also just like to put it out there that I hate Steely Dan and love ketchup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you use ketchup as lube? gross

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

since saying I hate something apparently gets it on the record that I actually love the thing and vice versa I'd also just like to put it out there that I hate Steely Dan and love ketchup

What is wrong with ketchup?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like the mountain dew zero raspberry lemonade and would be completely unsurprised to learn it contains turbopoison

also the full sugar watermelon mountain dew has a hilarious amount of sugar in it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

What is wrong with ketchup?

nothing, I love it and I love that it gets automatically put on burgers and stuff all the time unless you specifically ask them not to

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

my_custom_username posted:

Anybody drink monster zeroes in the morning? Probably really dogshit for you but I've been in the habit of drinking 1 a morning

looking at one right now

i prefer the lo carb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

listen im not gonna listen to a lecture on whats bad for my body from anyone who drinks alcohol lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

I do like that D&D freaks have unlocked the ultimate cheat code for shutting up anyone stupid enough to try and argue with them. Simply bring up the very very real thing happening out in the Chinese deserts or whatever and then you win. If they try and argue against it bam, mods will blow their brains out on orders from that crazy German guy. If they ignore the comparison? Heh, bad faith much? So congrats to people I would consider ideologically lower than shark poo poo on discovering the Politics POsting Konami Code

yeah, and it works as a poster repellent: I got a probation for not "acknowledging" some nonsense coming from a calm hitler trying to bait me & koos was an even calmer hitler when I asked him wtf, so rather than deal with calm hitler funhouse rules it was just easier to quit posting there. :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

nothing, I love it and I love that it gets automatically put on burgers and stuff all the time unless you specifically ask them not to

Really don't understand your problem with it. Don't like tomatoes? Too sweet? Too salty?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bedpan posted:

friend of mine made a 7&7 cocktail with sugar free 7-up recently and good lord did that taste gross

my old landlady used to mix white wine with fresca and it was delish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah, and it works as a poster repellent: I got a probation for not "acknowledging" some nonsense coming from a calm hitler trying to bait me & koos was an even calmer hitler when I asked him wtf, so rather than deal with calm hitler funhouse rules it was just easier to quit posting there. :shrug:

You think koos is playing a long con and is the calmestvhitler?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

listen im not gonna listen to a lecture on whats bad for my body from anyone who drinks alcohol lol

entirely fair

Mr Hootington posted:

Really don't understand your problem with it. Don't like tomatoes? Too sweet? Too salty?

Mostly that it's too sweet, just not for me

Mustard is way better, particularly non-yellow mustard. Would prefer a nice mustard over ketchup in basically every instance

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

You think koos is playing a long con and is the calmestvhitler?

he is just a guy moderating a subforum where ideas are debated and discussed. being honest here i dont think hitler could mod d&d, even if we chilled him out quite a bit...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

he is just a guy moderating a subforum where ideas are debated and discussed. being honest here i dont think hitler could mod d&d, even if we chilled him out quite a bit...

yeah, forum's not in german yet

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I like ketchup but hate tomatoes, which makes me a child, probably.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al! posted:

yeah, forum's not in german yet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i want to try that banana ketchup

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I like ketchup but hate tomatoes, which makes me a child, probably.

My stance of liking tomatoes when cooked but not raw is apparently fairly common, but I will willingly concede it's a baby-palate thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i cant believe that i have to explain this again. koos isnt the calm hitler, he is building a machine by which the calmest hitler can be produced

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

speng31b posted:

i feel something on the wind...a hint of a sad thread coming perhaps....

that would be ill-advised

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

i cant believe that i have to explain this again. koos isnt the calm hitler, he is building a machine by which the calmest hitler can be produced

koosenstein is the doctor's name

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

speng31b posted:

He's dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Koos Group and Kate Middleton are in Gehenna now, bless up.