Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like a good tomato with mozzarella or burrata as part of a salad

caprese salad with freshly grown tomatoes & homemade pesto with fresh basil is my favorite summer lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Willa Rogers posted:

caprese salad with freshly grown tomatoes & homemade pesto with fresh basil is my favorite summer lunch.

should i start gardening

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

crepeface posted:

should i start gardening

the answer is always yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
my fav pizza place gives out incredible olives for free as an appetizer. when i asked him where they got them they said they imported them from italy. i feel like that has to be a lie.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

crepeface posted:

my fav pizza place gives out incredible olives for free as an appetizer. when i asked him where they got them they said they imported them from italy. i feel like that has to be a lie.

They just love olives and want to spread olive love even at great financial expense

Dudes rock

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

crepeface posted:

it's probably what the jar says

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

it's probably what the jar says

i saw the jars in the store room on the way to the bathroom and they're just giant bare jars

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

It's shockingly good, only wish Peak Tomato lasted longer than a few weeks of summer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

crepeface posted:

i saw the jars in the store room on the way to the bathroom and they're just giant bare jars

Ok yeah those are made of people

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tomato time is a great time of year

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ask too many questions about the olives and you become the olives

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mags posted:

brushing up on the uyghur genocide wiki so i can debate and discuss

have fun

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

wikipedia expertise ftmfw

he's the wiki GOAT

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

loquacius posted:

Salazar is Destiny

lol

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

I'm going to eat biryani today.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

ketchup is good on fries, mustard is good on hot dogs

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my_custom_username posted:

sounds good man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
going to have lunch at the school cafeteria so its gonna be either salad or tendies and tots

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i had some yesterday, good stuff

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Smythe posted:

going to have lunch at the school cafeteria so its gonna be either salad or tendies and tots

combine these

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Hell yeah.

I just had some General Tso's.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

good choice.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Ask too many questions about the olives and you become the olives

the three olives origin story: a cautionary tale

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I seeded this lettuce a week ago yesterday & they've already grown like crazy. Too much stretch in some of them so I'll have to re-plant them deeper.

First one is iceberg, second one is cinnamon romaine, which I'd never heard of but I'm anxious to try.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

It's shockingly good, only wish Peak Tomato lasted longer than a few weeks of summer

Last year I had tomatoes going from mid summer all the way to.october

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY IN "C"(LOWN)-SPAM

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

aw frig aw dang it posted:

he's the wiki GOAT
sadly i couldn't capture the wikipedia links in replies

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Last year I had tomatoes going from mid summer all the way to.october

That's awesome, although in my experience those late season tomatoes usually end up tasting like complete poo poo. But some varieties hold up better than others.

I'll still keep eating that garbage.

mags
May 30, 2008

I replanted a handful of green onion bulbs I bought from the store and all seven are shooting up super fast.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

That's awesome, although in my experience those late season tomatoes usually end up tasting like complete poo poo. But some varieties hold up better than others.

We have a garbage climate for most tomatoes (not warm enough) but also a long growing season (doesn't get cold enough) and then fall is warmer then summer. The bigger varieties don't do well but cherry and plum types pop off

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im growing grass.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mags posted:

I replanted a handful of green onion bulbs I bought from the store and all seven are shooting up super fast.

oooh, I'm going to try that bc I love cooking with green onions, especially for fried rice, but the fresh ones get so slimy so quickly & they're dangerous to eat once they've gone bad.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
climate change is wild. we got raspberries til mid november this year.

mags
May 30, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

oooh, I'm going to try that bc I love cooking with green onions, especially for fried rice, but the fresh ones get so slimy so quickly & they're dangerous to eat once they've gone bad.

yep I made a lot of soup and baked a lot of potatoes and then replanted as soon as I got about 3 inches from the bulb. started growing that night

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vox Nihili posted:

green tomato chutney is a great use of them

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

aldi mailed out $10 off on $40 of groceries coupon and my list is growing, especially since I got a second coupon from someone else.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

mawarannahr posted:

wikipedia expertise ftmfw

this is comical

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
it's like how the "hamas mass rapes" had to be debunked like 5 times in their i/p thread because people just kept reposting the same zaka/idf sources laundered thru different articles, no matter how many times someone pointed out the problems some new dummy would step up like AHA, but what about THIS source? the exact same source as before???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jose posted:

green tomato chutney is a great use of them

Chudney....