Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

stolen from reddit

Honestly I'm fine with this if it means that my chicken won't leak when it's tipped slightly during the drive home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
My local grocery store switched to chicken bags a few years ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

stolen from reddit

I approve of this.

I buy a whole one and shred it right away anyway so the package is meaningless.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

I approve of this.

I buy a whole one and shred it right away anyway so the package is meaningless.

My use case is to eat some hot, toss it in the fridge, and pull it out to tear off a cold bite with a fork from time to time, which the old pack was useful for.

However the last one got tilted on my passenger car seat and I'm still cleaning congealed goo outta the seat. So yeah maybe better to just transfer it to a tupperware once you get it to the countertop.

Let's ask the important questions. Is that bag supposed to be a picture of a chicken, or a clear view window to the chicken?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
other grocery stores, its a window

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

other grocery stores, its a window

"Put 'em on the glass" approach, okay I'll keep an open mind

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nice breasts

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

SamDabbers posted:

Good point

Costco has excellent bouquets, got 50 tulips last time we were there.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Yeah we've had the chicken bags for awhile in Japanese Costco, and I know Taiwan does it as well so maybe those were all test markets for the US. The bag is superior, you can grab it with one hand and not worry about it leaking in the car or it taking up a bunch of fridge space.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the chickenbag is better cause you can carry it with one hand without burning yourself

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thathonkey posted:

the chickenbag is better cause you can carry it with one hand without burning yourself

This

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lot easier to swing at someone’s head

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tiny Timbs posted:

lot easier to swing at someone’s head

*all the inmates subtly inch away*

Heffer
May 1, 2003

gently caress I forgot I have a Costco chicken in my crisper drawer because I didn't have any extra room in my fridge.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

all the grocery stores around here have been doing chickenbags forever, it is the vastly superior option

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

as housing moves ever further out of reach costco’s really pulling a bro move here with the bindle ready birds

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Wayne Knight posted:

Anyone seen this tree shaped children’s bookshelf in their local?

I saw this yesterday at the Tukwila Costco

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I saw this yesterday at the Tukwila Costco

that place has a cursed parking lot

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I had the ability to visit the Taiwan Costco and here is their food court:

The chicken pizza was interesting, very sweet. I found it odd how they didn't have any 'normal' pizza flavors. Also the roast beef sandwich is specifically listed as for two people.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
*pointing at goons*

哇这么胖

Wa zhème pàng

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what's in the bucket next to the pizza on the left

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Found a high res pic of that item.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

if you have to ask you can't afford it, baby

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

289!?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I like how the bucket of chicken doesn't say for 2 people but the sandwich does!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Celexi posted:

that place has a cursed parking lot

Isn't this true for all Costcos? Mine is always a total shitshow unless you go at the most off hour like late Tuesday. My cashier told me one time there'd been a gun pulled over a parking spot earlier that day and I wasn't even surprised, especially with the number of poorly-driven giant trucks Costco attracts.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Taiwanese dollars are like 30:1 US, so that's like $9-$10 for a six piece chicken bucket.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The Tukwilla Costco parking lot packs so many hosed up things into one place.
Main entrance with unlined merging pathways. Side entrance that's always backed up for the gas station. Gravel back entryway with HUGE potholes. Spots on steep grades... Add to that general Seattle driver shittyness and costco always being busy and it's particularly miserable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Selling fried chicken at US Costcos would increase the heart disease prevalence of Americans by a non-trivial level. Some things shouldn’t be allowed for public health reasons imo.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Selling fried chicken at US Costcos would increase the heart disease prevalence of Americans by a non-trivial level. Some things shouldn’t be allowed for public health reasons imo.

Depending on how good it is, I'd be checking real estate listings as close to church as I could manage.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Went to the Tulsa church for lunch and they accidentally gave me a chicken bake instead of a dog. I hadn't had one before, so I ate it. And it was good! "Worth $4 normally" good even. While it's not a super-duper deal like the dog is, it's a solid option.

They also had little plastic cups of chopped onions, which made the day even better.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Costco parking lots are mid-high level hexed, Trader Joe's parking lots are full-blown cursed

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

MrQwerty posted:

Costco parking lots are mid-high level hexed, Trader Joe's parking lots are full-blown cursed

In 2021 our Costco was so overrun by aggressive ravens that the newspaper reported on it.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/wildlife/2021/03/26/anchorage-costco-customers-say-ravens-are-stealing-their-groceries-in-the-parking-lot/

quote:

Some Alaska Costco shoppers said they've had their groceries stolen by ravens in the store parking lot.

Matt Lewallen said he was packing his groceries into his car in the parking lot of an Anchorage Costco when ravens swooped in to steal a short rib from his cart, the Anchorage Daily News reported Friday.

"I literally took 10 steps away and turned around, two ravens came down and instantly grabbed one out of the package, ripped it off and flew off with it," Lewallen said.

Lewallen said the piece of meat was about 4-by-7 inches (10-by-18 centimeters) large — a sizable meal for a sizable bird.

"They know what they're doing; it's not their first time," Lewallen said. "They're very fat so I think they've got a whole system there."

And once he got back home, he noticed that one of the ravens had taken a poke at another rib but did not rob it.

"I cut that meat out and started marinating it and my wife said, `That's gross, we should take it back,' " Lewallen said. "Costco actually took it back even after we had started marinating them and gave us a full refund."

"My parents were minding their business after a shop and made it home with one less steak!" Kimberly Waller wrote on Facebook. "The bird snatched it right out of the pack in the parking lot."

Anchorage resident Tamara Josey replied to Waller's post and referred to the ravens as "calculating." She said ravens hovered over her in an attempt to steal her groceries.

"I had two ravens, one that was on the car next to me and he kept squawking really loud," Josey said.

"He would sit on the car and stare at me, then hop next to the bed of the truck on the other side, and he kept going back and forth. The other raven was on the ground. He kept trying to pull — I had those little mini-melons you have in the mesh baggies — he kept trying to grab the netting and pull my melons off the cart."

A raven started to fly in a circle around Josey until she got them to scram.

"He was waiting for another opportunity to grab the melons off the cart, but they never were deterred," she said. "They just stayed posted, waiting for their next opportunity to steal something out of my cart."

"They are very dedicated to their mission," she added.

A manager at an Anchorage Costco declined to comment to the newspaper about the raven thieves.

The Anchorage Audubon Society tallies the raven population every December. The group reported 923 common ravens in 2018, 621 in 2019 and 750 in 2020.

Rick Sinnott, a former wildlife biologist with the state Department of Fish and Game, said hundreds of ravens fly to Anchorage in the winter for food. After winter turns to spring, most of the ravens leave, Sinnott said.

But before they do, the ravens stick around to pluck assorted meats, fruits and vegetables.

"For years, decades, they've watched people in parking lots of grocery stores with all this food," Sinnott said. "They know what a piece of fruit looks like in a grocery cart because they've seen it on the ground or seen it in a garbage can."

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

MrQwerty posted:

You're absolutely right. Costcos generally have pretty controlled entrances and exits which adds a bit of congestion, combined with the congregation having large vehicles, and lots of folks trying to get as close as they can.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i refuse to do anything but walk to my costcos or tj's

other stores i might get a jitney or something but not those two

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

I'm at the Costco parking lot. I'm at the Trader Joe's parking lot. I'm at the combination Costco-Trader Joe's parking lot

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

RoastBeef posted:

I'm at the Costco parking lot. I'm at the Trader Joe's parking lot. I'm at the combination Costco-Trader Joe's parking lot

Demonic, dark-sided

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i refuse to do anything but walk to my costcos or tj's

I've never left a Costco being able to carry everything I've purchased.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
buy fewer things ezpz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I always use a cart because even if I only end up buying a few things from the aisles, I still need to carry the dog, soda, and slice