Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
gonna smoke some "work day kush" today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol "Smugs the middle manager shaking his head vibe"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

gonna smoke some "work day kush" today

Settikg goals and achieving them feels good

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The ship at work has been broken down for nearly a week but maybe I'll work today if the mechanic makes it out there.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

The ship at work has been broken down for nearly a week but maybe I'll work today if the mechanic makes it out there.

Trireme?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tri to smoke this weed :agesilaus:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

Tri to smoke this weed :agesilaus:

PULL! you weak lunged losers!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol waited for a tow truck driver to pop my door open (locked keys in my car) for SIX HOURS then when he showed up he hadn't brought his airbag tools and was so shitfaced he was literally stumbling around the parking lot. So hammered he tried to pry my car door open with a loving wire brush which inevitably he broke the handle off between the cars body and the door. I literally had to take tools off his truck and loving break into my own car. Literally told the guy thanks for the tools and drove away so fast he didn't even get a chance to say your welcome. Not that someone that inebriated could.

This poo poo happened at 10:30 at night. After waiting since 4 in the afternoon, ya'll.

gently caress.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Oh and he left me to go drive another 60 miles back to his town. :psypop:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

lol waited for a tow truck driver to pop my door open (locked keys in my car) for SIX HOURS then when he showed up he hadn't brought his airbag tools and was so shitfaced he was literally stumbling around the parking lot. So hammered he tried to pry my car door open with a loving wire brush which inevitably he broke the handle off between the cars body and the door. I literally had to take tools off his truck and loving break into my own car. Literally told the guy thanks for the tools and drove away so fast he didn't even get a chance to say your welcome. Not that someone that inebriated could.

This poo poo happened at 10:30 at night. After waiting since 4 in the afternoon, ya'll.

gently caress.

Glad you're OK. Also, feel free to insert a "This is Wisconsin" joke.

sassypotassium
Jun 12, 2023

gently caress.

Sounds like you live in a lovely place.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sassypotassium posted:

Sounds like you live in a lovely place.

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

gently caress.

Jeez a working man can’t even have 10 or 12 or maybe 15 beers on the job anymore without guys like this getting all uptight about it :rolleyes:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
took the first half of the day off to fix the dock/catwalk, started at 8am

my brother won’t be here till 1:00pm... :smith:

but it is the first day of spring

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Jeez a working man can’t even have 10 or 12 or maybe 15 beers on the job anymore without guys like this getting all uptight about it :rolleyes:

Guy literally told me he had a concussion AND food poisoning.

Bro, you're just extremely hammered.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tuesdays are the real Monday, lurking behind the facade of the week

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

took the first half of the day off to fix the dock/catwalk, started at 8am

my brother won’t be here till 1:00pm... :smith:

but it is the first day of spring

I've been waiting for your AV line to no longer be applicable, and here we are!!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

I've been waiting for your AV line to no longer be applicable, and here we are!!

yup

it was my grandfather’s saying

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

yup

it was my grandfather’s saying

Happy Spring brother!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
376ft catwalk over the marsh. galvanized nails for the boards. every year replacing boards we had to straighten the old nails, if you couldn’t straighten them you’d show them to my grandfather or dad and they’d tell you if you could throw them away or not, waste nothing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Guy literally told me he had a concussion AND food poisoning.

Bro, you're just extremely hammered.

All perfectly fine conditions under which to be driving a large vehicle :hai:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

gently caress.

Nice

Got the news the starboard engine is hosed big time, theyre gonna have to pull it. Welllp

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Karma Comedian posted:

Nice

Got the news the starboard engine is hosed big time, theyre gonna have to pull it. Welllp

a boat (ship in your case) is a hole in the water you pour money into

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
finished the work an hour before my brother is supposed to show up

:smug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

376ft catwalk over the marsh. galvanized nails for the boards. every year replacing boards we had to straighten the old nails, if you couldn’t straighten them you’d show them to my grandfather or dad and they’d tell you if you could throw them away or not, waste nothing.

We need more deck men like this.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

We need more deck men like this.

:hai:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Thinking to go to H-Mart today. Need curry pastes, chili oil, and chopsticks. Probably some frozen buns and meat? :thunk:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

GBS has a shovelman, a deck guy, it sounds like we are seizing the means of production

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also STARDEW VALLEY update comes out today

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

an exciting day for mayo drinkers

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

gently caress.

Charge: wreckless use of "literally"
Sentence: immediate ban

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i had a pretty good nap, thinking it's time for some video games and drugs now

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Smugworth posted:

you got a problem with bronte, op? james joyce? f. scott fitzgerald? literally never read any of the classics?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Literally

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I got tacos for lunch

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

literally try it

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Smugworth posted:

It's a qualifier so we don't think they figuratively did those things.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

you got a problem with bronte, op? james joyce? f. scott fitzgerald? literally never read any of the classics?

Has "Catcher in the Rye" fallen out of the classics yet? Jesus what a bore of a book.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

My defense: Ban Smugworth because it feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Figuratively A Person