Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The bravery it must have took

https://twitter.com/cwebbonline/status/1770110216199401809?s=20

quote:

An emotional Sen. Eva Burch described, in a speech Monday on the Senate floor, the hoops she has had to jump through to secure an abortion, after finding out her pregnancy is not viable. Despite knowing for weeks that her pregnancy is likely to result in a miscarriage, the Democrat from Mesa has not yet received the care she needs.

“I don’t think people should have to justify their abortions,” she said, her voice shaking. “But I’m choosing to talk about why I made this decision because I want us to have meaningful conversations about the reality of how the work that we do in this body impacts people in the real world.”

Burch was forced to undergo a transvaginal ultrasound, hear a list of mandated recommendations from her provider — including advice to avail herself of foster care or adoption alternatives, despite the fact that her fetus has no chance of survival — and wait 24 hours before receiving an abortion. All of those requirements are mandated by state laws approved by GOP lawmakers.

Burch said the legislature shouldn’t be enacting restrictive laws around abortions, because doing so ties the hands of providers and is detrimental to women. She pointed to the state-mandated information her doctor was forced to give her, despite it clearly not applying in her case, as “cruel” proof that the laws are harmful.

“The only reason I had to hear those things was a cruel and uninformed attempt by outside forces to shame and coerce and frighten me into making a different decision other than the one I knew was right for me,” she said. “There’s no one-size-fits-all script for people seeking abortion care, and the legislature doesn’t have any right to assign one.”

And while Burch, who is about 8 weeks along in her pregnancy, is still legally able to obtain an abortion, she acknowledged that not all women in Arizona can — and access to the procedure is still in flux.

Burch herself was nearly prevented from accessing reproductive health care two years ago when Arizona was teetering between the 15-week ban and the 1864 law, amid legal uncertainty shortly after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

At the time, Burch was devastated to learn that a much-wanted pregnancy would result in a miscarriage, requiring an abortion to keep her safe. When she began miscarrying the night before her scheduled abortion, doctors were only willing to give her medication to speed up her miscarriage, hesitant to greenlight an emergency abortion until she was in a critical state.

The next day, she had an abortion. Just two weeks later, abortion clinics across the state paused services in the aftermath of the high court’s ruling.

Burch on Monday denounced legislative restrictions on abortions, saying that lawmakers have no place making decisions that should be reserved for women and their medical teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Also AFAIK once the State seizes something, its theirs forever. I'm not sure NY can or will start with Trump Tower, but I have zero doubt that a moving crew will clean out Trump's condo.

Then, if he wants it his stuff back and has the money, he can buy it back at auction :getin: (also for doomers - whatever money the state gets at auction goes directly towards the settlement, so Pmurt can't buy his poo poo back for pennies on the dollar)

Also for doomers - there were notes in Kaplan's ruling about transferring assets out of state. If they come in and Trump Condo is empty with the wiring and fixtures ripped out, thats a criminal offense

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

twit666 posted:

So what did Navarro not want to tell Congress?
Anything having to do with January 6th. There's a legitimate chance that he's a true believer and is betting the farm on Trump pardoning him once he's the president.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

u kno what they say about guys that read big text

They're functionally illiterate and have a small penis?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

FuturePastNow posted:

I thought Louie Anderson would have made a perfect Trump but sadly that opportunity has passed

Still time for Trump to do a Louie Anderson impression though

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

Still time for Trump to do a Louie Anderson impression though

I want him to do an Elvis impersonation.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

I thought Louie Anderson would have made a perfect Trump but sadly that opportunity has passed

I say this every time casting the inevitable Trump movies comes up, but James Gandolfini would have been the perfect Trump.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

goddamn, that was courageous

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nocheez posted:

He still has to do the Superman one

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
It wouldn't surprise me if Trump had choice TRUMP properties in NY set on fire, rather than hand them over

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nocheez posted:

He does an Elvis impression every night on the toilet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kw0134 posted:

First Amendment profs are taking notes on a slamdunk usage of anti-SLAPP laws here.

A lot of anti-slapp laws are considered procedural and thus not available in federal court. I haven't done an exhaustive dive, but FL's anti-slapp seems different (and there's a law review article explaining all the differences) and seems to be untested in federal court. Trump might be a trendsetter, here.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump had choice TRUMP properties in NY set on fire, rather than hand them over
Oh, for the insurance payout?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’ve thought for a while now that no human actor should play Trump in a biopic. He should be done entirely with CG and AI. I think that a state of the art Uncanny Valley Trump played totally seriously and not for laughs, along with real actors in all the other roles would be incredible and really the only way to properly capture the frightening surreality of living in this era of US history. Also with no human actor to consider (besides maybe Andy Serkis in a mocap suit) there would be no one celebrity for the right to either attack or praise for his performance, no Oscar nomination or anything. Just JarJar Trump doing his jackoff dance with toilet paper on his shoe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

pixaal posted:

He still has to do the Superman one

Only if he does a George Reeves impression.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

LifeSunDeath posted:

Remember when trumb was president and he played golf like 3/4ths of the days he was in office or some poo poo, LOL.

Hey now let’s be fair, I think it was only 2/3 of the days. And the other third he was WORKING HARD!!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Froghammer posted:

Anything having to do with January 6th. There's a legitimate chance that he's a true believer and is betting the farm on Trump pardoning him once he's the president.

He only got four months, he'll be out long before Trump could be back in the White House

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’ve thought for a while now that no human actor should play Trump in a biopic. He should be done entirely with CG and AI. I think that a state of the art Uncanny Valley Trump played totally seriously and not for laughs, along with real actors in all the other roles would be incredible and really the only way to properly capture the frightening surreality of living in this era of US history. Also with no human actor to consider (besides maybe Andy Serkis in a mocap suit) there would be no one celebrity for the right to either attack or praise for his performance, no Oscar nomination or anything. Just JarJar Trump doing his jackoff dance with toilet paper on his shoe.

Get the guy who did the new high on fire video to do AI "TRUMP" in the "TRUMP" movie

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

idiotsavant posted:

Hey now let’s be fair, I think it was only 2/3 of the days. And the other third he was WORKING HARD!!

"EXECUTIVE TIME"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mons Hubris posted:

He only got four months, he'll be out long before Trump could be back in the White House

:lol:

Serving time in prison for Donald J Trump. :laffo: :lmao:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You beat trump by saying "he's going to increase your taxes by 100%" and don't elaborate at all.

That's how the GOP wins, do the same poo poo.

Scare idiots

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In the Trump biopic there needs to be a part where a small child runs into him and asks for directions and Trump points him to the lobby. The small kid is Kevin McAllister. By putting that scene in the biopic, you will have canonized the events of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York into the real world. This likely canonizes the events of the first Home Alone and the recent reboot as well. But it wouldn't result in any of Home Alone 3 or 4 having happened.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

John Wick of Dogs posted:

But it wouldn't result in any of Home Alone 3 or 4 having happened.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Be that as it may, there is no current known method to canonize it via Trump

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
real "DO SOMETHING!" vibes, and "DO SOMETHING!" tweets become even funnier when like only 100 people read them

just screaming into a void of like 86 bots, 10 leftists laughing, 2 old ladies, a child molester and a nazi teenager

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So one of the things Trump wants to do immediately upon getting reelected is deport Prince Harry for admitting to having used drugs in the past.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So one of the things Trump wants to do immediately upon getting reelected is deport Prince Harry for admitting to having used drugs in the past.

"TRUMP" doesn't do "DRUGS"
*chows down 1000mg of pseudo*

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm assuming Based Mike supports Lead pipes as well

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Fishmasher posted:

real "DO SOMETHING!" vibes, and "DO SOMETHING!" tweets become even funnier when like only 100 people read them

just screaming into a void of like 86 bots, 10 leftists laughing, 2 old ladies, a child molester and a nazi teenager

I decided to create an account on Truth recently and holy poo poo, it’s like someone textualized and visualized every single Trump rally and vomited it all out in one continuous feed of rear end kissing Trump bots.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I would be good with this outcome. Trump still owes the $400 million, doesn't have his buildings, has to fight for years with insurance companies, and might get another criminal investigation before it's done. It's a perfect way to make everything worse.

Something for people to keep in mind going into next week is there are multiple overlapping judgments. The Trump Org is the big one with no chance to dodge it if Donnie can't find someone to rip off in the next few days. That one could see property seizures happen effectively overnight, though I think they'll probably want a bit more ramp up time than that. Still, all the Trump stuff from the offices and buildings could be up for auction in as little as fifteen days. When that happens we will have such a bounty of lols that we may never stop.

Trump's personal debt from this might actually get stalled a bit since he would be required to provide a list of assets to the court and you know he'll drag his feet. But some big personal belongings like boxes of classified documents might already be known and identified for seizure. So don't be surprised if there's stuff that's initially off limits and more court poo poo on that aspect of the judgment. At the org, though, there's somebody who's already assessing the value of the light fixtures.

This is going to be one of the craziest seized property auctions in history. You'll have tons of people bidding things up because it's part of history so the state is going to get a ton of money on poo poo like Trump's fax machine or the cutlery he used in the taco bowl picture. But the big ticket items that need to cover the bulk of the judgment will go for pennies on the dollar, except maybe the jet which a chud will definitely turn into a museum.

Goons, what are you going to bid on at the Trump going out of business sale? I think I want a pallet of stagnent Trump water from the utility closet.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 19, 2024

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

have any conservative influencers come out as pro-abestos yet?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Random Stranger posted:

This is going to be one of the craziest seized property auctions in history. You'll have tons of people bidding things up because it's part of history so the state is going to get a ton of money on poo poo like Trump's fax machine or the cutlery he used in the taco bowl picture. But the big ticket items that need to cover the bulk of the judgment will go for pennies on the dollar, except maybe the jet which a chud will definitely turn into a museum.

poo poo, I wasn't even thinking about that. The clearinghouse auction for Lindell was hilarious.
Oh god I wanna see it so bad.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Fishmasher posted:

~And a partidge in a pear tree~

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

poo poo, I wasn't even thinking about that. The clearinghouse auction for Lindell was hilarious.
Oh god I wanna see it so bad.

If I was in New York I would absolutely go. I might not buy anything, I'd just want to be in the room.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I would bid :20bux: for the golden throne

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I would be good with this outcome. Trump still owes the $400 million, doesn't have his buildings, has to fight for years with insurance companies, and might get another criminal investigation before it's done. It's a perfect way to make everything worse.

Something for people to keep in mind going into next week is there are multiple overlapping judgments. The Trump Org is the big one with no chance to dodge it if Donnie can't find someone to rip off in the next few days. That one could see property seizures happen effectively overnight, though I think they'll probably want a bit more ramp up time than that. Still, all the Trump stuff from the offices and buildings could be up for auction in as little as fifteen days. When that happens we will have such a bounty of lols that we may never stop.

Trump's personal debt from this might actually get stalled a bit since he would be required to provide a list of assets to the court and you know he'll drag his feet. But some big personal belongings like boxes of classified documents might already be known and identified for seizure. So don't be surprised if there's stuff that's initially off limits and more court poo poo on that aspect of the judgment. At the org, though, there's somebody who's already assessing the value of the light fixtures.

Goons, what are you going to bid on at the Trump going out of business sale? I think I want a pallet of stagnent Trump water from the utility closet.

Not a single cent

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Random Stranger posted:

If I was in New York I would absolutely go. I might not buy anything, I'd just want to be in the room.

All that poo poo happens online now, you just need to know which obscure industrial/corporate clearinghouse is running the auction you're looking for, generally you only run into those companies because you are in a specific purchasing niche.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You beat trump by saying "he's going to increase your taxes by 100%" and don't elaborate at all.

That's how the GOP wins, do the same poo poo.

Scare idiots

I'm surprised someone hasn't broke the glass on the "legalize weed nationally" case yet for a easy win.

Worked here in Canada.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Vakal posted:

I'm surprised someone hasn't broke the glass on the "legalize weed nationally" case yet for a easy win.

Worked here in Canada.
Check back in 31 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

All that poo poo happens online now, you just need to know which obscure industrial/corporate clearinghouse is running the auction you're looking for.

The information I found on how New York handles seizing property and auctioning it off had an actual location that the sheriff runs the weekly auctions at.

I'm not saying you're wrong or that they might use another method for the Trump Collection auction, just that's what I found looking into it.