Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Just curious, why do so many Russian translations to English look like a random note made from cut out magazine clippings with different fonts and font sizes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zone posted:

Yes, they're talking about the current ongoing operations by the separatist battalions in the Belgorod region. There's not a whole lot to go on, but the separatists have published a claim regarding their battle results while the Russians insist they killed them all four or five times already.

what do these separatists want to separate from Russia, exactly?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Probably an app like Google lens?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

plus, France's "post-colonial interests" in Africa are under threat by targeted Russian political actions.
It's probably an easy sell. France and Belgium were real shits as colonial powers.

The French governors were criminals in it to steal everything they could in the five years before reassignment.

The independent leaders are criminals in it to steal everything they could in the five years before the next coup.

The Russian security assistance will be criminals in it to steal everything they can in the five years before they're recalled to invade Estonia.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

The French governors were criminals in it to steal everything they could in the five years before reassignment.

The independent leaders are criminals in it to steal everything they could in the five years before the next coup.

The Russian security assistance will be criminals in it to steal everything they can in the five years before they're recalled to invade Estonia.

Will be? Wagner already were stealing everything not nailed down down in Africa.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

what do these separatists want to separate from Russia, exactly?

They are not separatists, they are russian volunteers serving in Ukranian army. Currently conduct some sort of operation in Belgorod region.

Not sure what's so hard to understand about the screenshot. A belgorod based telegram channel complains that info about fighting in their region is ignored by major news, belgorodians who post about it are being suppressed and blocked, comments deleted or branded as Ukranian information warfare.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rowkey bilbao posted:

Idk why macron is doing the maybe troop posturing which I think is stupid.

He recently gave a measured reminder that France does have nooks and notably hasn't been invaded by a hostile power in a while, which I believe was directed at discourse from internal both sides dipshits, far right assholes and 'genocide is actually peace ' idiots.
He also leaked a call with Putin where he surprisingly calls out putins bullshit in a clear and direct way.

Macron is a profoundly stupid person. He's always making the Tucker Carlson face when he thinks he needs to look serious.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

pro starcraft loser posted:

Just curious, why do so many Russian translations to English look like a random note made from cut out magazine clippings with different fonts and font sizes?

Presumably someone's using an OCR translator app to translate screenshots of them, because kids these days don't know how to copy and paste text. :bahgawd:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

spankmeister posted:

Will be? Wagner already were stealing everything not nailed down down in Africa.

🎶 I stole the nails down in Africa 🎶

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

I'm not sure of this exact case, but other translation apps use different size fonts to maintain word placement and lines in their pre translation places

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Visions of Valerie posted:

:golfclap:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't BELIEVE that Jeffrey is conscripting goons to go fight in Ukraine for the neonazi government

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sekenr posted:

They are not separatists, they are russian volunteers serving in Ukranian army. Currently conduct some sort of operation in Belgorod region.

OK, that’s what I had thought

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Toxic Mental posted:

I can't BELIEVE that Jeffrey is conscripting goons to go fight in Ukraine for the neonazi government

Goonswarm will unleash their spreadsheets.

Which will land them in the Hague.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

If only someone let the Czar know of his people's plight :qqsay:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:perfect:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

The 2nd SS 'Pantsshitting' division

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ukraine War: enuresis has begun

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Watch the French loving occupy Rostov-on-don.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Frog eater is a boast, like snake eater.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

GABA ghoul posted:

The 2nd SS 'Pantsshitting' division

273rd Chairborn

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

Listen all you people
Try and understand
You may be a poster
Woman, child or man

But there won't be many stairs in homes.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Found a big Russia enthusiast and their wholly coherent message to the pussies of the western world on the way home from work today.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

shadow puppet of a posted:

Found a big Russia enthusiast and their wholly coherent message to the pussies of the western world on the way home from work today.

did you now

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Be careful, all great wars were written on cars first.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Grammarchist posted:

Listen all you people
Try and understand
You may be a poster
Woman, child or man

This classic photo is great but leaves out the fact at the bottom of the shelves off to the bottom right is an iron shelf full of cacti, which is what you would hit if you fell down the stairs and didn't crash through the window like a western movie.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yes, they're scared to confront them, which is why they definitely are not confronting them right now

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Like so many lols in this thread, a dark lol.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Sekenr posted:

Oh. I thought I read that Ukraine denied any involvement in what's going on. Although now that I'm thinking about it a little more, it makes a lot of sense for them to say that they're not involved.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Fumble posted:

273rd Chairborn

Can’t let this pass without some love.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

StoryTime posted:

Oh. I thought I read that Ukraine denied any involvement in what's going on. Although now that I'm thinking about it a little more, it makes a lot of sense for them to say that they're not involved.

They are denying it with a wink. Everyone involved understands what's really happening.

You could even call it satire of Russia's denial of the 2014 Donbas invasion when Russia denied any involvement and instead pushed stories about some plucky little separatists who are defending themselves with old Soviet hardware they found laying around and things they plundered from a WW2 museum.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Grammarchist posted:

Listen all you people
Try and understand
You may be a poster
Woman, child or man

Why is there insulation under the stairs?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
cushions you when you fall through

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024

Just Another Lurker posted:

It's load bearing.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

some political cartoons are ageless

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

French or whatever troops being invited in to Ukraine to conduct peaceful exercises that involve manning the posts opposite Belarus and all the rear security in the west frees up Ukrainian soldiers that can be shifted to the east, which makes at least some sense.

Not that it's happening, but that is a reason to do it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1770380724589285699
WTF the milbloggers said that they all died six times, NATO black magic must be bringing them back repeatedly :rolleye:

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
lol if you thought the warlock towers were just for show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Just Another Lurker posted:

Groverhouse has such sights to show you