Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I just feel like Ultimate Weapon needs to have a slightly shorter blindness period and/or a longer cooldown. It's a little too oppressive as it is now unless you rework it so blind people can see hooks. Way too many people have gone to 2nd/3rd hook due to Ultimate Weapon and it doesn't feel like a purposeful gameplay decision so much as a bad and frustrating mechanic.

I do think it is extremely funny as the resident Open Handed/Visionary enjoyer when I get hit by it. MY GLASSES, I CAN'T SEE WITHOUT MY GLASSES

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Random thought, but I'm curious why people (otz etc) seem to think DS is fine and doesn't need any buff or change after I feel everyone agreed for ages post nerf that it was pretty bad. Is it just due to meta shifting encouraging tunneling more which makes even the few seconds of inconveniencing the killer more worth it than it was, say, 6 months ago? I do notice it showing up in my games more than it used to lately.
My best guess would be that they've been scarred by how DS used to be and are afraid of it returning to its former 'glory'. I personally feel it's still dogshit, the killer stun should go back to what it was tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I don't understand why it has blindness to begin with. The scream part is already really good for info.

DS is completely useless unless you manage to get dropped next to a pallet or a window or something else. If you get scooped up in the open it does basically nothing. The conspicuous action nerf is plenty and it needs to be brought back to 5 seconds.

Otz has been having a lot of questionable opinions lately, and I'm not sure what's changed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I never felt like the stun duration of DS was the problem, the problem was the timer of it was so long I'd seriously down someone, chase someone else off trying for a flashy save, down that guy, hook them, come back and still eat DS on the first guy

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Maybe it's just pure fatigue. He's been seeming really burned out on DBD. Or maybe... BHVR finally got to him...... :tinfoil:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I never felt like the stun duration of DS was the problem, the problem was the timer of it was so long I'd seriously down someone, chase someone else off trying for a flashy save, down that guy, hook them, come back and still eat DS on the first guy

Conspicuous actions deactivating it helps with that. If you come back close to a minute later and still eat the stun that means the survivor has done absolutely nothing to progress the game state during that time. Deactivating in endgame also prevents those nonsense situations where if you pick someone up they immediately stun you and run out the open gate.

Tiny Myers posted:

Maybe it's just pure fatigue. He's been seeming really burned out on DBD. Or maybe... BHVR finally got to him...... :tinfoil:

Dude definitely needs to take a dbd vacation. You can tell burnout and fatigue are setting in a bit.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
DS stun being 3 seconds is laughable, DS stun being 5 seconds doesn't help against any killer with a chase power or any kind of range.
DS needs to disable the killer power entirely for X seconds, similar to how the void did it. All you get is WASD and M1. This affects all killers equally, and the stronger killers who have range or movement being 110 (or 87.5 or whatever nurse is) means that the killers whose powers can enable tunneling the most are generally more dissuaded.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Tiny Myers posted:

Hello friends ...*BzzZt*.. this is Otz, or a lab grown simulacrum programmed by BHzzzt*VR

But all kidding aside, if they programmed it, it would be easily noticible and buggy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tiny Myers posted:

He is straight up not fun to watch anymore and it sucks. I had to turn off yesterday’s stream while he was playing Knight because the guy is just miserable now.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

curiousTerminal posted:

DS stun being 3 seconds is laughable, DS stun being 5 seconds doesn't help against any killer with a chase power or any kind of range.
DS needs to disable the killer power entirely for X seconds, similar to how the void did it. All you get is WASD and M1. This affects all killers equally, and the stronger killers who have range or movement being 110 (or 87.5 or whatever nurse is) means that the killers whose powers can enable tunneling the most are generally more dissuaded.

What if DS in addition to stunning also hindered them for a bit, or hid scratch marks and blood, or both?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He is straight up not fun to watch anymore and it sucks. I had to turn off yesterday’s stream while he was playing Knight because the guy is just miserable now.

Yeah, I basically switched to Scott as my go to for chilling out watching DBD since he's so low energy that you don't have to get second hand embarrassment from extreme tilt, which used to be very rare for Otz but has definitely become more of a regular thing.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
As DbD becomes less healthy the man who plays it for 8 hours a day suffers. Makes me a little sad.

I wish he could break away and stream something he likes without income whiplash.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, I basically switched to Scott as my go to for chilling out watching DBD since he's so low energy that you don't have to get second hand embarrassment from extreme tilt, which used to be very rare for Otz but has definitely become more of a regular thing.

It’s not about this at all and that’s a lovely way to frame it.

The guy clearly gets no joy from playing the game anymore but still feels financially obligated to continue, especially when all his lovely followers constantly complain in chat whenever he tries to play something besides DBD. That makes him miserable to watch because at that point you’re just watching someone at their regular soul-sucking job.

Basically this:

Doomykins posted:

As DbD becomes less healthy the man who plays it for 8 hours a day suffers. Makes me a little sad.

I wish he could break away and stream something he likes without income whiplash.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think it's lovely to point out that he gets extremely tilted more often than not, which is something that I do not like seeing because it gives me second hand embarrassment to see a guy get insanely angry. That's all I meant by it.

e: To be clear, I don't think less of Otz or anything. I know his recent attitude is due to extreme burnout but like...It's still the same to me as a viewer. I don't like seeing people get insanely angry at videogames, same reason I loathe to ever join public VCs in games.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 19, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

No, yeah, Otz gets very easily stressed out in his matches to the point that it's stressful to me to watch. I support the guy so much but it's been hard to watch him for a long time. And I don't think pointing out that he goes on tilt easily means that he's a bad guy or like a lovely reaction streamer, just that he's very burnt. I imagine we're all pretty much on the same page.

Some of my favs:

LilithOmen: Extremely chill killer main, mostly Blight.

14mobs: Extremely chill Billy main.

Ralph: Extremely chill Huntress main. Has a similar problem to Otz in that he's tired of playing the game (but can't stop due to it being his career) but doesn't get agitated over it, just kind of bored sometimes. It's very chill background noise.

Skermz: Survivor main who acts like he's on Adderall all the time. Very energetic, funny, goofy without roasting the killer too much for stupid reasons like so many survivor mains do (though you often can't say the same for his chat). Occasionally plays Killer.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Keep in mind: Otz isn't just "getting mad at video games". This is his livelihood. Twitch is how he buys his house. Twitch keeps his house HOT.

If he was a farmer, and someone came in and starting kicking his corn, like...

You could understand how he could be a bit upset.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There’s also the added frustration of all the time and energy spent trying to make the game better as a Fog Whisperer only to have BHVR basically ignore everything. At one point Otz was probably the game’s best ambassador.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Man, maybe I don't watch enough content but otz still is my favorite youtube creator followed shortly by hanz and then ayrumn/jrm. Ayrun is kinda an rear end in a top hat. (I once played with him for several evenings in TCM and he really does have an ego that is astronomical)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think that last Q&A really broke Otz. Also a warning to think very carefully before making one video game the center of your career. Pivoting can be extremely risky even for a person pretty darn charismatic like Otz.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

He's also been vocally upset with the way that perks have been messing with the baseline for survivor/killer runspeed. There's so many speed factors going on all the time that it can be disorienting and lead to frustrating or unintuitive gameplay, but also provide the perfect cover for cheaters.

He's been upset since it started (arguably) with Made For This and if anything, they seem to be going all in on that concept instead of backing off on it, thanks to them rapidly running out of meaningful ideas for new perks.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I got hit with 3 power struggles in the same match. I'm not even mad, you just know that's the most value they've ever gotten out of that perk.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I got hit with 3 power struggles in the same match. I'm not even mad, you just know that's the most value they've ever gotten out of that perk.

Power Struggle is so loving funny. It's so easily counterable that I have to appreciate when you pull it off properly.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Power Struggle is so loving funny. It's so easily counterable that I have to appreciate when you pull it off properly.

The first time I just assumed someone was trailing me and hit the pallet. The second time they were right under one when I picked up so I assumed background player but started to get suspicious. Finally specifically tested it the third time and yep, there it was. Keep it up, PS enjoyer, I hope you one day get even more value out of it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Power struggle is somewhat free against sluggers if you have flip flop. Its one of my favorite builds. PS + BO + tenacity + Flipflop

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Plot Twist + Flip Flop + Power Struggle was a meme build for a while, very effective if you can mindgame the killer and drop at the pallet before they can circle back around to find you. Extreme lose-lose situation for the killer.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Absolute favorite part of Power Struggle is that the timing on the wiggle skillchecks can gently caress with the timing on dropping the pallet, leading to you dropping the pallet and still not getting free.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1770448758829912571

NOW it's an event.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

That's more like it. Good poo poo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:siren: :siren: :siren:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1770533317412061405?t=-sFswmSFTPO3xFEYAR6erg&s=19

Efb

Medullah fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 20, 2024

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

My grandfather fought in WW2

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pants Donkey posted:

Also a warning to think very carefully before making one video game the center of your career. Pivoting can be extremely risky even for a person pretty darn charismatic like Otz.

Exactly that, until you have enough of your own community built that you feel confident branching out, being a specific game-centric streamer means you're stuck with it even if you're hating it and it's rough to watch.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 20, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got a bunch of "instantly kills self on hook" players today. Even when we're doing good. Like we got 2 gens against a singularity, and a guy goes down (first down of the match) and he just immediately gives up. I guess it's unfair for him to ever get hooked. This wasn't some salty ragequit over being yoinked off a gen by a stealth killer 3 seconds into the match or whatever. Some people. No one wants to play a match like this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got a bunch of "instantly kills self on hook" players today. Even when we're doing good. Like we got 2 gens against a singularity, and a guy goes down (first down of the match) and he just immediately gives up. I guess it's unfair for him to ever get hooked. This wasn't some salty ragequit over being yoinked off a gen by a stealth killer 3 seconds into the match or whatever. Some people. No one wants to play a match like this.

Had a game against hag where we cleansed two hexes immediately and still someone gave up on first hook and someone else DCed shortly after. Like come on, we had a good shot at that one.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Had a game last night as survivor against a demodoggy running a back pack build.

On midwich.

With a boon: unbreakable totem.

So of course given i volunteered and he's clearly not swearing, I cop reports for working with the killer.

My dudes, this is a free win, my sacrifice is a free win for you. He can't kick the boon. He can't break pallets or open doors.

Just, relax.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Relyssa posted:

Had a game against hag where we cleansed two hexes immediately and still someone gave up on first hook and someone else DCed shortly after. Like come on, we had a good shot at that one.

I feel like doing this every time I see a Legion.
But it happens all the time when I play Plague or Hag. Folks typically DC on first hook on either killer.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

hex hag yuck (it's fun actually)

but yeah regardless of killer there's always some survivor with a stick up their rear end for a particular one they just refuse to play against.

And to be fair to survivors, Lisa is pretty nasty to face if you don't see her a bunch, especially vs a competent one. There's something about hag traps that break people's brains

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah I hate playing hag because my teammates are loving morons and its a slaughter.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

but yeah regardless of killer there's always some survivor with a stick up their rear end for a particular one they just refuse to play against.

Clown literally makes me vomit. Only killer I kill myself against. I'll DC against the first one a night, since it's only a 50 second penalty, but any more I'm killing myself. Sorry, teammates, but I shouldn't need to take Dramamine to play this game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

rydiafan posted:

Clown literally makes me vomit. Only killer I kill myself against. I'll DC against the first one a night, since it's only a 50 second penalty, but any more I'm killing myself. Sorry, teammates, but I shouldn't need to take Dramamine to play this game.

oh yeah sometimes the stick is entirely justified imo. gently caress Plague, but I also refuse to dc on principal.

Instead I dc'd the game from my steam library. It's the only way to avoid Plague for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

rydiafan posted:

Didn't they recently reduce his weird motion sickness effect?