Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

him and AB having a best twitter account-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kidcoelacanth posted:

if i were the browns i would maybe wait until the man plays a single snap for me before giving him 60mil, but what do i know
No see it worked out so well for the Broncos when they traded for Russell Wilson then immediately extended him before he played a snap or even practiced with the team that the Browns just had to emulate it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I find it very funny how Ian Rapport has that giant loving graphic overlay everytime he posts news.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Seriously wtf do the Steelers do to their players

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:laffo:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

don't doxx me

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Seriously wtf do the Steelers do to their players

that delicious PA lead water

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pennsylvania towns make flint look like it had spring water from mt fuji

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

This was the logical end result of devaluing the running back position.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Shrimpy posted:

This was the logical end result of devaluing the running back position.

maybe AP won't have to auction off his stuff after all

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JPrime posted:

maybe AP won't have to auction off his stuff after all

BDSM isn't allowed on OF.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao ok ok

Former Steelers killin it

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

If we’re going to start arguing the subtleties of colors, keep in mind that like 8-10% of men are colorblind, and many of them don’t know it

My dad thought I was getting all of the colors wrong during my first eye exam. It turns out he's the color blind one,

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lmao ok ok

Former Steelers killin it

Thank christ Roethlisberger stays off social media

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

assuming a ben roethlisberger appearance on the jay cutler podcast would only be available on the Dark Web

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I"m glad Dov censored that link to avoid sending any traffic to whatever onlyfa__________nbell is. Probably somewhere that only fans can find Leveon Bell on.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Late to the party on the Jeudy contract, but comparing his stats to Gabe Davis, who got a $41M / $24M guaranteed deal that now looks like a bargain, Michael Pittman's $68M / $41M guaranteed deal, and Christian Kirk's 4 years at Arizona, before his 4 year $72M / $37M guaranteed deal from 2 years ago:

Jeudy: 356 targets, 3053 yards, 11 touchdowns, 130 first downs, 45.8% success rate.
Davis: 299 targets, 2730 yards, 27 touchdowns, 125 first downs, 51.5% success rate.
Pittman: 487 targets, 3662 yards, 15 touchdowns, 180 first downs, 54.2% success rate.
Kirk: 358 targets, 2902 yards, 17 touchdowns, 126 first downs, 51.8% success rate.

DJ Moore got a very similar deal to Jeudy two years ago - $62M / $41M guaranteed; here are his numbers:
498 targets, 4313 yards, 14 touchdowns, 209 first downs, success rate in the low 50s (not sure how PFR calculates it and it doesn't have a first-four-year total).

Davis is a tough comparison since he had Josh Allen and Jeudy had The Broncos, but there's no way he should be earning the same as Pittman and Moore, who didn't have consistent QB play themselves.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jeudy and Gabe Davis are both awful. It's incredible that they got big contracts this offseason. It shows that there are very very dumb teams.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mcmagic posted:

Jeudy and Gabe Davis are both awful. It's incredible that they got big contracts this offseason. It shows that there are very very dumb teams.
Gabe Davis will have one game where he looks pretty damned great, and then, like, 6 games where he can't catch a cold, can't get separation, and/or runs the wrong routes/options and makes his QB look dumb (and Josh already looks pretty dumb, TBH!).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Oh JFC just loving JFC

Man Browns why

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Eat poo poo Cleveland!!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just going to assume Jeudy has a lawsuit coming. Browns analytics loves those stat

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Just going to assume Jeudy has a lawsuit coming. Browns analytics loves those stat

:smith:

anyway jeudy is not good, factory of sadness marches on, blah blah blah

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Gabe Davis will have one game where he looks pretty damned great, and then, like, 6 games where he can't catch a cold, can't get separation, and/or runs the wrong routes/options and makes his QB look dumb (and Josh already looks pretty dumb, TBH!).

I was worried the Chiefs would be enamored with him since he always lit us up but thankfully we avoided that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Welp, bye Cameron Sutton

https://twitter.com/Bryan_Aguada/status/1770467205240561940

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I mean holy poo poo, domestic violence is rarely an underselling of the crime, but that's straight up attempted murder.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
DEFENSE
DEFENSE
DEFENSTRATION
DEFENSTRATION

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lmao wow, is she ok

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good thing the Lions traded for Carlton Davis.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

CTEspn

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo that dude needs to be locked up immediately. That’s some psycho mafioso type poo poo throwing folks off 3rd story balconies

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

DEFENSE
DEFENSE
DEFENSTRATION
DEFENSTRATION

D(efenestration)V

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So the Lions knew and made the trade for Carlton Davis a week later. I guess that's probably why the Bucs got a third, they were kinda desperate.

https://x.com/kmeinke/status/1770478130072887451?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Maybe he's russian.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Maybe he's russian.

Defenestration is more Czech

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Forrest on Fire posted:

Defenestration is more Czech

Ok grandpa, we're talking modern era nfl here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’ve been to that window.

It’s pretty cool.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1770488468172411088?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1770491382097981729

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol incredible