Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
haha 2029 is 5 years from now....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Awesome! posted:

where is the joe man

E:

in hell, friend

in hell

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Deakul posted:

Can't wait to try and get into Stardew for the nth time and then immediately give up cause I don't want to deal with the ridiculous NPC schedules.

I gave up. For a 'chill out mellow game' the few times I played it I got really anxious about getting X done by Y time. It just doesn't work for me. I totally realize the problem is not with the game but with me and how my brain works.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

valve may have bought the studio and killed their project, but one of the developers made a cool bottle shader for half life alyx, so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cojawfee posted:

I have 138 things on my wishlist. It's mostly stuff I wish I was into, games I would play in another world where I have the attention span to learn them

Exactly this, but 151.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I gave up. For a 'chill out mellow game' the few times I played it I got really anxious about getting X done by Y time. It just doesn't work for me. I totally realize the problem is not with the game but with me and how my brain works.

there are dozens of us. dozens

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I have 33 games on my wishlist. 2/3s of which I added recently because I thought we were doing the yearly Spring Steam Gift Train again.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Stardew Valley becomes a lot less stressful if you mod day length to be twice as long, and if you go to bed once exhausted instead of eating (except in the mines).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

games wishlisted: 388 (over 100 are not out yet)
games owned: 2096
games beaten: 1517 (72.4%)

wishlisting games means you get steam news updates about them which is usually how I find out about release dates and delays

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

wizard2 posted:

haha 2029 is 5 years from now....

jesus christ

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The oldest I have is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

any day now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lordfrikk posted:

The oldest I have is

supposedly coming out this year. come on Derek. do it

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

They'll definitely finish this someday, and when it leaves Early Access...

lol, lmao

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Wishlist is currently sitting around 384, which I'm a bit ashamed about because it feels like yesterday I did some serious culling to bring it down to around 250 or so, but alas.

I'd say the top 50 are highly-anticipated or must-buys (Dragon's Dogma 2, Armored Core 6, etc), the next 100 being good games that might scratch a certain itch when I'm in the mood (for example, I'm not usually a tactics guy, but Tactics Ogre Reborn is here) and the rest being a bunch of unreleased games or interesting games I've heard about in this forum but haven't fully investigated yet as to whether to keep or discard.

The oldest thing I have is Umineko: keep telling myself I'll read it at some point, but it's just hard to get into a mood to really dig into something that massive.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 19, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oldest wishlisted game for me is The Amber Throne and i'm fine leaving it there. the overwhelming majority of games on my wishlist are from the last couple of years.

nearly 100 of the 388 games are from 2023 alone. i already had a top 64 of 2023 list in the GOTY thread. lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
anybody try raw metal yet?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stardew Valley Changelog posted:

Lmao gently caress your free time

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-6-update-full-changelog/

It just keeps scrolling and scrolling and scrolling…

:psyboom:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

FutureCop posted:

The oldest thing I have is Umineko: keep telling myself I'll read it at some point, but it's just hard to get into a mood to really dig into something that massive.

I have picked this one up and begin working through it in the past month, and once you get through the cast introduction "grounded portion", it's a real thrill ride from there on out. Great stuff... but it did also take an hour or two to get there.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
An even 100 on my Wishlist right now, but one is just Guild Wars 2 (free) in case I ever feel like trying that out again and about 40ish are to remind me of things that aren't yet released. The rest are games that I'm vaguely interested in, but can't quite convince myself to go over the edge and actually buy, especially when there's so much else in my backlog/recent interests categories. I have 311 Games on Steam, not counting 58 on GoG, but even then that's a much lower amount than I'd expect, especially since a lot of that is bundle trash that I can't permanently remove from my account. I'm always surprised at how little I actually play, although what I do select, I then proceed to play for dozens of hours at a time. I tend to cycle out games from my list with decent regularity, although I still have some stuff added back in 2021 (the oldest being The Slormancer).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oldest in my wishlist is Deadstick and lmao that’s never coming out. It’s as dead as the stick in its name.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bungie fired the director of their cursed hero based battle royale extraction whatever entry in the Marathon franchise

https://www.ign.com/articles/bungie-shakes-up-marathon-leadership-removes-chris-barrett-as-game-director

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Bungie really have gone from strength to strength since they freed themselves of those terrible overlords at Microsoft.

edit: looked it up and that split was in 2007, so to be fair, I guess they didn't do too bad making it that long, even if it's been a bit of a shitshow for the past year or two.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 19, 2024

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Oldest in my wishlist is Deadstick and lmao that’s never coming out. It’s as dead as the stick in its name.

God, I completly forgot about that game. I had it in my wishlist long ago, but removed it when it became clear it was dead.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Only pretty stale ones on my wishlist are Eliza and Rivals, from 2020. I don't remember why I added Rivals at all but ... looks nifty!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I use my wishlist for early access games as it gives you an alert once they are out of EA.

Probably a better way to do that though!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Harminoff posted:

I use my wishlist for early access games as it gives you an alert once they are out of EA.

Probably a better way to do that though!

Not really, as far as I can tell!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

932 wishlisted
3,454 games owned

I don't follow games, and I wishlist anything I think I'd enjoy looking at. The top 100 of my wishlist are stuff I want to play sooner rather than later.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
185 and the oldest is Dracula: Origin.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I've got 310 on my wishlist, looks like the oldest is... Mineko's Night Market, which finally came out last fall! I missed that somehow.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
owned: 478
wishlist: 34

I tend to get stuck on games I really enjoy and play the poo poo out of them.
How many hours on your most-played game?

Mine is currently around 4000 hours on the Trackmania game series, part of that on Ubi launcher (or ~2400 hours on Trackmania United, if I pick one game).
Most of that is time spent in the editor making tracks and playtesting.

From a while back:

strategery posted:

Opinions on the following games I have in my cart?

Plan B Terraform - 10.79 USD
The Fabulous Fear Machine - 10.84 USD
Mr Sun's Hatbox - 9.00 USD
Void Tyrant - 2.50 USD
Opaloid Kingdom - 3 USD
Gloomwood = 16 USD

Also pick 2

Not sure about anything else, but Gloomwood is really loving cool. Super old-school feeling, with lots of secrets and skulking around and managing inventory space and lots of sweating while you're counting bullets and wondering if you can take out the next group of Evil Assholes and survive, or if you need to sneak by and look for more resources. Early access still, but it's fantastic and makes me feel like I'm a kid again. Just a sense of wonder.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Why even bother announcing it when it's that far out?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

strategery posted:

Oh, you know Valve, always announcing tonnes of games years before release.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

strategery posted:

I don't think the release date was intended to be visible, apparently 2029 is just the placeholder date for TBA games on Steam. (Unless I'm getting whooshed)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mycot posted:

I don't think the release date was intended to be visible, apparently 2029 is just the placeholder date for TBA games on Steam. (Unless I'm getting whooshed)

Yeah it’s a placeholder date according to the store page.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Coming up on 10 years since I added this to my wishlist. I'll never buy it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It was originally planned to be released in 2019, so the current release is probably a joke about that (it used to be TBD until a year ago).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I really should get around to buying these at some point... never played a COD!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I have 520 games on my wishlist, 113 of which have yet to be released

The oldest added is Ooblets

Dead Games I have currently on my wishlist:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/532230/Under_a_Porcelain_Sun/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/696200/Mike_Dies/