Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

JethroMcB posted:

Tackling such a heavy topic in such a weightless way, and still doing the "Ba ba ba ba" gags. It's clear that the author is pulling from lived experience, but this whimsical baby strip is not the right medium to express his feelings on losing a parent.

It may be one of the worst attempts at handling a serious subject by a normally unserious property I've ever seen. It lacks the gravitas of even a Saturday morning cartoon's Very Special Episode. I hate to say this, but I think goddamn Loss may be better than this strip. At least Buckley knew when to have the characters shut up for 4 panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Simple but very well-done punchline. I laughed.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Comic Strips 2024: Just Act Cool and Flex a Little

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Nah, it's fine. Like I said, this one runs so much longer than I remembered.

I watched like 30 seconds in the middle of this and I hated every moment of it. Ugly and uninspired animation, completely flat voice performances, obnoxious "playful" musical cues, the cheap-looking flying strip scene transitions...Family Album bad! Family Album go away!

That’s some straight-up Caillou poo poo right there.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sorry for the truncated post, but both comics reached the end of their stories at the same time!

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well now I'm back...

Bad Machinery

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

Looks like I'm missing some pages. I'll try again later.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 20, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 21, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 18, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(November 11, 1919)

Us Boys(March 19, 1912)

The Gumps(April 17, 1917)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Who glued this fuckhead's teeth together?

Toni, when he wouldn't shut the gently caress up about babies

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 19, 2024

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

If Dustin bothers someone, he's in the wrong and gets treated punitively. If someone bothers Dustin, it's because of something he did and therefore he deserves it.

That may not be an abusive family situation on its own, but it certainly helps facilitate the abuse.

I hate this loving comic strip and the complete shithead who writes it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Another shocking development in Mark Trail

Mary Worth

You know what? Go back to talking about Keith.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Look everybody! It's a new character! And he's an old white dude!

:10bux: says it's another wrestler from Crusher's past.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I want to know which rear end in a top hat in Jules' social circles told her that recurring characters should recur constantly because lol, lmao, good lord what a hack, there really are about 7 people in this entire world.

I like Scary Gary in general but I love it when Leopold cracks and plays along.

quote:

It's not often a WIFE BAD joke makes me laugh but the art and the way it's set up is perfect for the punchline. :haw:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/31 - 8/2/52

Archie 11/21-23/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 4/24/77

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

saintonan posted:

Comic Strips 2024: Just Act Cool and Flex a Little

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Continuing Evolution Of Rabbit Politics Continues To Be A Mistake

Australian Fred Durst

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Presto posted:

Who in the world thinks this is funny?

Why do these assholes still have jobs? My bus drivers would wait for you if you were late and they saw you running for the bus.

I still remember having to walk over a mile home in high school, because a teacher kept me late and I missed the bus. I got about halfway there when my bus driver, who had had another route that day, saw me, and pulled over, flashers on and all, asked me what happened, and got my rear end to my usual stop. She said she didn't want me walking home over train tracks, and you know, the fact it was 100*. That was over 20 years ago and I still remember her kindness.

Daddy Daze, loving hell, the baby does not make this better. I concur with the idea that even Loss had the "broken clock right twice a day" bullshit by having Ethan of all people not spouting off about VIDJAGAMES while that poo poo was going on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

You know what? Go back to talking about Keith.
There's so little chemistry in this relationship that I didn't realize it was a relationship.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jesus christ how horrifying. just going about your day and suddenly you're loving impaled out of nowhere.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 31-November 2, 2005)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sally Forth could do a guest appearance in Rex Morgan - drop by Andrzej’s table while he’s off to have a poo poo and ask why he’s not there, both strips could get a solid 6 months out of it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Is Bok still wearing his prison rags? Kind of uncool, Flash. Get your new buddy some fly threads asap.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

What manner of mage might lie beyond this Brythunian hippie in the late 60s folk-rock style? I suppose we will have to find out in a couple of days.

Note that that's the second time in this story that a local mentions never having heard of the "Blood Egg"...

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

thatbastardken posted:

Is Bok still wearing his prison rags? Kind of uncool, Flash. Get your new buddy some fly threads asap.

Flash offered, Dale for some reason wouldn't let it happen

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

why is Charlie Brown homeless now

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

you broke my grill posted:

why is Charlie Brown homeless now

The EPA's coming for his rear end and he's on the lam.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (March 2, 1977)

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Chuck On The Lam (March 8, 1977)

Curse you, kite-eating tree! :argh:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

thisusedyet posted:

Flash offered, Dale for some reason wouldn't let it happen

There's also the fact that they boarded the train right after breaking out of prison. Royal train or no, there probably isn't clothing in Bok's size at hand there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Flash a fugitive or something? He solved the murder and handed the actual murderer over to the prosecutor. Or does he need to be under protection because Vultan or somebody will be upset that he knows about the murder plot?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I AM GRANDO posted:

Is Flash a fugitive or something? He solved the murder and handed the actual murderer over to the prosecutor. Or does he need to be under protection because Vultan or somebody will be upset that he knows about the murder plot?

It is not really safe for the trio to stick around the palace when they know there's still some stuff underfoot there.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Also, breaking out of prison (and being an accessory to the kidnapping of the jailer) is generally still frowned upon by the powers that be, even if you do prove your innocence soon afterward.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Olive & Popeye

Our Boarding House (May 11-13, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (May 12, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (July 27-29, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Defensive Zone (February 22, 1915)

Little Lefty (December 14-16, 1939)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Butt

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

I swear to God if they actually break up over nothing...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Technically Flash broke out of a prison he wasn't supposed to be in, since the jailer sent him to the hellhole instead of the white-collar suite, but since the rules were all written by Ming if they go by the book they probably have to build an entirely new, worse prison, just for Flash.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Green Intern posted:

It is not really safe for the trio to stick around the palace when they know there's still some stuff underfoot there.
yeah, the Inquisitor clearly has it out for him, and the royal family weeeere not what you would call any kind of 'useful' in this last endeavor.

Rand Brittain posted:

Technically Flash broke out of a prison he wasn't supposed to be in, since the jailer sent him to the hellhole instead of the white-collar suite, but since the rules were all written by Ming if they go by the book they probably have to build an entirely new, worse prison, just for Flash.
Details that the Inquisitor is not interested in, I think you will find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
:sever: