Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

they'll miss you

Eagle isn't gonna help at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hwurmp posted:

they'll miss you
:cry::cry::cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fr tho feeling almost completely obligated to take EATs is getting tiresome, please randos, take more EATs, i beg u

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

they're really good! i promise!!! no not two flamethrowers......

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ciaphas posted:

they're really good! i promise!!! no not two flamethrowers......

three flamethrowers and that's my final offer

four :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

fr tho feeling almost completely obligated to take EATs is getting tiresome, please randos, take more EATs, i beg u

every time I don't take EAT on a nids mission, I regret it

Laser Dog too

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

It's kinda nuts how killy the arc thrower is for an infinite ammo weapon that you don't even need to aim.

https://i.imgur.com/B0b4UIO.mp4

I wish the flamethrower could get poo poo done like that.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I need to get my Arc thrower timing down, that looks sweet

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CelticPredator posted:

I still can’t move the mouse to any command or drop item besides the left side. It sucks. I want to drop things sometimes but I can’t

I reinstalled and everything

Sounds like a drift issue? Did you unplug all controllers, flight sticks, wheels, etc.?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Was playing with a friend who was getting 600+ kills every round with the Arc Thrower. It absolutely cleans the gently caress up.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Hwurmp posted:

they'll miss you

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Ravenfood posted:

My worry is if I get used to the longer throw distance for grenades and strategems I'll never be able to switch back.

this is me. it is so so so nice though. it’s the only armor that opens up options you previously didn’t have.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I don't use the ADS because it's like super low res overlay so I'm trying to zoom in and hit faraway stuff with a big blocky crosshair. Is that just a me problem, or is it the particular gun I'm using

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

No, the sights in this game are almost conspicuously terrible across the board

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Fattest PI posted:

I don't use the ADS because it's like super low res overlay so I'm trying to zoom in and hit faraway stuff with a big blocky crosshair. Is that just a me problem, or is it the particular gun I'm using

What's your texture quality set at?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Hwurmp posted:

they'll miss you

I've never had this problem, because I roll with the 500kg bomb (upgraded for two uses) and the railcannon strike.

:murder:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

500KG would be a lot better if it had a blast radius larger than approx. one nipple

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I like the RR because I like having more than one shot, is it that much measurably worse than EATs?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

holy poo poo the hellpod steering upgrade is enormous :stare: keeping this away from most(e: ?) players is a goddamn crime!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 20, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Naw RR is pretty good, you just have to give up a backpack slot for it and find the breathing room to reload. You can absolutely do more damage in a shorter amount of time with it. They might even be the exact same amount of damage/explosive/armor pen per rocket but if you can get away with it the RR does more damage. I rarely use it because I'm still a filthy shield pack player but it's quite good.

Having two people bring EATs might be better, three probably is, but then you're spending two or three stratagem slots on EATs instead of the one on the RR.

E: ^^^ yeah the hellpod steering upgrade feels, uh, really good. Maybe my favorite upgrade, but there are definitely several other really good ones.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Quicksilver6 posted:

I like the RR because I like having more than one shot, is it that much measurably worse than EATs?

The Recoilless should be just as good at killing armor, and if you can team-reload it's much better for bile titans or multiple dropships, but with EATs liberally sprinkled across the land you can carry a different backpack and horde-killer support weapon until something big needs to die.

Ciaphas posted:

holy poo poo the hellpod steering upgrade is enormous :stare: keeping this away from most players is a goddamn crime!

It's cool but if you're dropping down on the edge of the map then the pod just won't steer towards the middle, at all. I was disappointed to find that out.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 20, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Away all Goats posted:

Sounds like a drift issue? Did you unplug all controllers, flight sticks, wheels, etc.?

I’m on pc and use mouse and keyboard

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Triarii posted:

It's kinda nuts how killy the arc thrower is for an infinite ammo weapon that you don't even need to aim.

https://i.imgur.com/B0b4UIO.mp4

I wish the flamethrower could get poo poo done like that.

Has anyone had the chance to try full zap squad memes? Pretty sure you could trivialize most of the bug content if you had a 4 man in arc-resist armor all with arc throwers and tesla towers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FunkyFjord posted:

E: ^^^ yeah the hellpod steering upgrade feels, uh, really good. Maybe my favorite upgrade, but there are definitely several other really good ones.
i actually got the +1 eagle stratagems first because having twice the 500kg bombs per rearm is glorious, buuuut

Hwurmp posted:

500KG would be a lot better if it had a blast radius larger than approx. one nipple

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Quicksilver6 posted:

I think that RR and EAT projectiles are identical. The EAT is just nice because it's effectively two RR shots every 60 seconds without a backpack and that's very frequently enough to cover your anti armor needs and you aren't going to be stuck in place doing a static reload.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was using arc thrower tonight against bots and it felt pretty good compared to when I tried it on the bugs. Buuut I also killed my teammates more than a few times from the arc and one time was a super inopportune moment that kinda hosed us over. I want to like it but it feels too unpredictable unless I'm extremely careful where I shoot it which isn't always possible.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

explosivo posted:

I was using arc thrower tonight against bots and it felt pretty good compared to when I tried it on the bugs. Buuut I also killed my teammates more than a few times from the arc and one time was a super inopportune moment that kinda hosed us over. I want to like it but it feels too unpredictable unless I'm extremely careful where I shoot it which isn't always possible.

You can absolutely get a sense of when you can fire it and when you need to pull out your primary after you spend some time with it. There are some pretty concrete rules about where it's going to arc to.

Is a teammate on the other side of the enemy you're shooting at? Regardless of distance? Use your primary instead.

You eventually learn how to position with it.

Edit: and to whomever I argued with about how many shots it takes to kill a charger, you were right. If you stick to headshots after the charger nerf it takes consistently seven shots.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

BitBasher posted:

Edit: and to whomever I argued with about how many shots it takes to kill a charger, you were right. If you stick to headshots after the charger nerf it takes consistently seven shots.

Is there a good way to consistently get headshots with it? The TTK was really nice when I was above a charger and everything was an easy headshot. But even when it's running right at me it feels like it'll hit random spots so it takes a bit more normally.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

causticBeet posted:

Has anyone had the chance to try full zap squad memes? Pretty sure you could trivialize most of the bug content if you had a 4 man in arc-resist armor all with arc throwers and tesla towers.
We didn't bring towers (we needed stuff to kill titans quickly instead) but me and my two friends who are not good at the game can mostly cruise through 7s with 3 arc throwers and shock res armor.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

explosivo posted:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
The RR and EAT being the same damage wise in HD2 is kinda weird, because in HD1 you could easily tell the penetration difference on cyborgs when the rifle would blow up a tank from any angle and the EAT wouldn't.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean always look at what everyone is bringing and fill in the gaps. Expecting stratagems to deal with heavies at all times is a bad idea, someone should be packing an eat or a recoiless. And at higher levels I’d bring two.

I don’t even see chargers as a primary threat, they rarely kill me, their lot in life is to add complications to the field and they do it well.

I played the Recoilless for the very first time today and it was a lot of fun! It was just a pubbie 5, but there were two low level guys with machine guns and three laser drones, so I took the RR and stun grenades since I figured they could handle most of the chaff. I had a really chill time just pitching in with my laser rifle and stunning big packs and having a good headshot ready to go anytime we saw a charger.

I think the laser rifle is gonna see a nerf eventually, it really does seem too good. There's no reason it should be packing 6 spare heatsinks when the Liberator only gets 7 magazines, for one thing.

FunkyFjord posted:

Naw RR is pretty good, you just have to give up a backpack slot for it and find the breathing room to reload. You can absolutely do more damage in a shorter amount of time with it. They might even be the exact same amount of damage/explosive/armor pen per rocket but if you can get away with it the RR does more damage. I rarely use it because I'm still a filthy shield pack player but it's quite good.

Anecdotally it felt a lot easier to get the headshot kill on chargers, I don't think I missed once. It was also nice always having it ready immediately rather than having to call down the strategem and wait around for a charge or two.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 20, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Will mag dumping a grenade launcher into a Bile Titan do anything beyond bursting the sacks? I'm attached to the grenade launcher and supply pack. There are too many spewers to put it down.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hakarne posted:

Is there a good way to consistently get headshots with it? The TTK was really nice when I was above a charger and everything was an easy headshot. But even when it's running right at me it feels like it'll hit random spots so it takes a bit more normally.

I just shoot them right in the face. If they are facing me It's basically always a headshot. The arc pretty much directs right to their face if they are facing you.

If they aren't facing me I'm probably grabbing an EAT and leaving half of that jerk smoking on the ground. Democratically.

Black Noise posted:

Will mag dumping a grenade launcher into a Bile Titan do anything beyond bursting the sacks? I'm attached to the grenade launcher and supply pack. There are too many spewers to put it down.

Bring in EATs as well and call one down and just pick the GL back up when you are done.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Black Noise posted:

Once, EXACTLY ONCE, panic spamming my grenade launcher up at a bile titan already above me caused it to freeze in place and then eventually slowly sink into the ground. But that was at extraction with people firing and throwing everything they had, so I am expecting somebody nailed it with a rail orbit or something else and I could not see it with the body blocking my view.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should turn off or unfuck the hitboxes for dead bile titans because one of the most legitimately unfun parts of having to deal with the hordes of them is when you inevitably get ragdolled under the map for having the audacity to walk near them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

explosivo posted:

A full team rolling with arc throwers, Tesla towers, and the armor that reduces arc damage is hilarious and I highly recommend it.

Even better if there's 3 of you and you get to watch weird arcs chain through everyone to hit the pubbie that's not wearing the armor.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

causticBeet posted:

They should turn off or unfuck the hitboxes for dead bile titans because one of the most legitimately unfun parts of having to deal with the hordes of them is when you inevitably get ragdolled under the map for having the audacity to walk near them.

This reminds me: do not loving touch tank wrecks because you will die

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

explosive resist armour field test (malevelon creek, lv7) report: you will indeed survive a rocket, but as your limp body flies thru the air and tumbles thru the forest undergrowth you will find yourself begging for the sweet release of death. eventually, another blast will wrap you around a tree at mach 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Why is the personal order to kill two tanks when there's no 'Hunt a tank' mission available. My only chance of completing is hoping I can get the last hit on a tank that might not even spawn :negative: