Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quisling#:~:text=quisling-,noun,invaders%20in%20World%20War%20II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cornwind Evil posted:

Vidkun Quisling, who SHOULD be the shorthand name for arch traitor who was a pure rear end in a top hat.

He is

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

loling at a huge number of american right wing fails

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

I mean worldwide. You call someone a Quisling in America, 'people' will probably think you're calling someone homosexual.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You mean America.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The mattering is upon us now and we are going to reap many lols as Trump and the GOP go down in flames

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

I mean worldwide. You call someone a Quisling in America, 'people' will probably think you're calling someone homosexual.

naw theyd think you are callin them a toasted sub

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s possible they early voted or mail-in voted, but Haley’s numbers seem likely to be a statement vote.

The idea of going through the palaver of voting by mail, (getting all the forms signed and posted etc), to vote for a political primary, the result of which has been a formality for months, seems absurd to me.

But Republicans ... so ...

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Renreeja posted:

naw theyd think you are callin them a toasted sub

And unlike Quisling, we love the subs, because they are good to us

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWlgfYw4wM

sorry its a forbes video, but someone directly asks trump if he can afford to pay the 464 million. and of course he just blathers about unfairness blah blah blah.

lmao that he's getting roasted on a right-wing channel. tons of comments are, "so i didn't hear a yes", "so that's a no"

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

The Locator posted:

With 67% of the vote in, Arizona Primary:

Trump just over 76%
Haley at 20%

This is bad for Biden because....
He will die of laughter. It looks like Biden got around 90% of the primary vote. About the same as Obama in 2012.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWlgfYw4wM

sorry its a forbes video, but someone directly asks trump if he can afford to pay the 464 million. and of course he just blathers about unfairness blah blah blah.

lmao that he's getting roasted on a right-wing channel. tons of comments are, "so i didn't hear a yes", "so that's a no"

Brody Quest, but it's Letitia James waking up March 25th and seizing every single Trump asset she comes across

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
lol that Trump keeps calling Letitia James “racist” and no one calls him on it. A woman of color is bringing justice against him and his reptilian brain goes to racism against HIM because he’s a horrible racist

Am I missing something?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

he's called every black person he doesn't like racist since before the escalator. it's trump, just throw it on the pile

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know this has definitely been answered somewhere in this thread. And I could look it up.

But I am lazy and stupid.

And whilst we all want it to happen, it will indeed be a while before the repo men knock on the door of Mar A Lago.

So until then, when does his using campaign funds to pay hush money/Stormy Daniels trial start?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Just recently trump's called the Australian ambassador Very Nasty, after the aforementioned ambassador described trump as a traitor to the west and a threat to democracy. Hurray!

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Just recently trump's called the Australian ambassador Very Nasty, after the aforementioned ambassador described trump as a traitor to the west and a threat to democracy. Hurray!

I just heard that on the radio news, and obviously the story SHOULD have been "Ambassador makes some fairly obvious and true comments about Trmp, who fires off some childish insult like a big baby". But OH NO, this is Murdoch country, so the story was framed as "doubts about the Aus Ambassador's competence because he doesn't have Trmp's support".

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Rudd don’t give a gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tree Bucket posted:

Kevin 07 would have called him more than that once he was out of earshot.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

So until then, when does his using campaign funds to pay hush money/Stormy Daniels trial start?

I think that's the one that just got a 30 day delay because prosecution added thousands of new documents to evidence, and should now be starting late April or early May.

He has so many court cases I may have mixed them up myself though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

STOP THE COUNT!

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Great big dumps in Ohio, many people are saying with tears in their eyes

zone
Dec 6, 2016

great big cardboard tube posted:

Great big dumps in Ohio, many people are saying with tears in their eyes

many such cases!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

Ohio exit polls

A lot of those questions could simply be replaced with "are you a loving idiot?" and the answers would still match.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

One of our diplomats has a spine? poo poo, which one?

SquirrelGrip posted:

Rudd don’t give a gently caress

Infinitum posted:

Kevin 07 would have called him more than that once he was out of earshot.

Should've known.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Every other option in the GOP primary dropped out, right? So Trump losing any votes to them is really ugly, right?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Correct.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

kazil posted:

Is Presler going to be the murderer or murderee?

first he will do for money

second will be done to him for love

of money

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

I remember reading an Archie comic where the angry boys, calling Jughead a traitor over something, called him "Benedict Arnold" and "Mata Hari". I had no idea what those terms meant. I later found out they were infamous traitors. I found out even later that the reality was much more complicated, and Hari might not have been a traitor at all. And Arnold basically got hosed over a whole bunch before he decided to gently caress back, and he ended up regretting it when all was said and done (not that it excuses his treason, but there's a world of difference, assuming that assessment is correct, between Benedict Arnold and Vidkun Quisling, who SHOULD be the shorthand name for arch traitor who was a pure rear end in a top hat. I suppose some people could argue Judas as well, but considering the lore was that Jesus was meant to die for mankind's sins, wasn't he just doing what he was supposed to do to get that to happen?). That didn't matter: the soft surface penetration was that they were traitors and scum. Beam me up, Scotty. Play it again, Sam. Aquaman is a lame superhero who talks to fish. Lol some woman sued McDonalds for her coffee being too hot. And it's not recent stuff only; people debate how much Vlad Tepes actually did that was claimed he did, and how much of it was propaganda that got mixed into history and now, lacking a time machine, we can't confirm if he did impale thousands and once nailed two diplomats' hats to their heads when they wouldn't take their hats off in his presence.

Sir, this is Wendy's

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drat i thought doomer libs were bad

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Found the solution to Trumps problems

That outcome would irreparably break so many brains

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Imagine if the repo men arrive at Mar-a-Lago and start confiscating his assets and they find even more secret documents :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

even a guy named KKK(itchen) can't help but be a food adjacent name

Strong Sauce posted:

Klon K. Kitchen Jr., the father, has a sister, Klondina Kitchen.

I continue to not make jokes about this. I am stating factual info

his name actually stands for Klon diKe ice Kream bar

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Yveltal posted:

All those things apply to me, too (except for being a Mormon because no) so where's my Top Secret clearance?

posting here immediately gets you put in the "lol" pile

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

lol that Trump keeps calling Letitia James “racist” and no one calls him on it. A woman of color is bringing justice against him and his reptilian brain goes to racism against HIM because he’s a horrible racist

Am I missing something?

No one calls him on it because if they were to point out on every random insults he throws around, that's all they would have time to cover. It's noise, nothing more.

You know it's bullshit, I know it's bullshit, anyone who's not a CHUD knows it's bullshit. The story is him being a fraud, and now a broke one. Why should anyone let him change the subject?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cat Hassler posted:

The mattering is upon us now and we are going to reap many lols as Trump and the GOP go down in flames

If you see the mattering on the road, kill it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Imagine if the repo men arrive at Mar-a-Lago and start confiscating his assets and they find even more secret documents :allears:

This could totally happen, but there aren't alien documents because he would have talked at least a little about it, I mean look at him

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

BigglesSWE posted:

personally just hoping they start with his jet

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Renreeja posted:

lol I wake up and open this thread to the Klon K. Kitchen poo poo and his many forefathers, hahahaha wtf, what

Wherever he goes, dogs seem to always follow him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I might still be blearily waking up but I feel like the thing about polls is just that they might capture the opinion breakdown of a population, but they don't tell you a drat thing about potential turnout.

Like OK you found that Trump is ahead by 5 points in land-line cold-calls, but then he gets BTFOd on election day. Your polling approach might have various flaws and biases like it only targets olds who pick up the phone etc, or it might be biased in some other way, but the one thing it will never tell you is how many people will actually show up to vote. Because that's voluntary on their part, but polling is YOU seeking THEM out, in proportions that have nothing whatsoever to do with what energizes turnout on one side or the other on election day.

Am I stupid or can it be that simple?