Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/MattOLearyNY/status/1770225367615234550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
the jets have enabled the most annoying people on my twitter timeline today

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Boston is an actual desert when it comes to NY staples: bagels, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches.

I got accustomed to readily available breakfast burritos and when I moved back to Boston for a while I was so mad that you simply cannot loving get them anywhere. Your best option is like literally McDonald’s. Dunkin rules the Boston breakfast landscape despite being the actual worst food chain in existence

I did find this random rear end shack that served coffee and Australian meat pies that was surprisingly delicious

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

If you're in DC proper, the best bagels I've ever eaten are actually from a place in Dupont Circle called Bagels Etc. I used to go there like every morning early before work back when I lived in DC.

bit too far south in VA to make it a regular part of the grocery run, but i'm around dupont a lot-- thanks, i'll check them out!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I got accustomed to readily available breakfast burritos and when I moved back to Boston for a while I was so mad that you simply cannot loving get them anywhere. Your best option is like literally McDonald’s. Dunkin rules the Boston breakfast landscape despite being the actual worst food chain in existence

I did find this random rear end shack that served coffee and Australian meat pies that was surprisingly delicious

Meat Pies and Flat Whites. :australia:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Was this in East Boston? I lived right next to KO Pies when I first moved to the area. Amazing place for a pie and beer. Sadly they sold and closed during the pandemic.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Corzaa posted:

Meat Pies and Flat Whites. :australia:

Extremely my jam

It's pretty hard to find actual Australian-style pies - meat or otherwise - here in NL which is one of the main things I miss about Oz. The frustrating thing is there are a variety of snackbar products locally that approach the pie from different directions but never quite get there

Also true for hot dogs. Gimme that Bunnings sizzle

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you can get taylor ham from wegmans in new england now

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you’re making crème brûlée at home you’re amazing and I want to marry you

I do this, and even use a kitchen torch to properly caramelize the sugar, but going straight to marriage is a bit fast so perhaps we can just take it slow to start things off

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Do you really? Is it hard to make? It’s my favorite dessert and I literally…

1- had it the night of that post AND

2- flat out said to my dinner date “this is one of those things I have to order when I’m out because I have zero clue how to make it at home”

So to say I’m jealous is an understatement

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Honestly, not super hard to do, just a bit painstaking as most French desserts are.

edit: the thing that mainly goes wrong is that the eggs get a little bit cooked when combined with the heated cream because the cream is too hot. don't do this and you should be fine. use real ramekins and a water bath in a baking dish and you will be fine. you can broil the sugar on, it doesn't work as well but it's better than buying a kitchen torch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My wife insisted on a kitchen torch on our wedding registry. We've never used it. Its been 7.5 years.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My wife insisted on a kitchen torch on our wedding registry. We've never used it. Its been 7.5 years.

Can you use it like a lighter? It might still have value if you can make bonfires with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Best tool for lighting birthday candles.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who is Mike Edwards

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I use mine pretty frequently this way-
https://www.seriouseats.com/hei-now-youre-a-wok-star-a-fiery-hack-for-stir-frying-at-home

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Was this in East Boston? I lived right next to KO Pies when I first moved to the area. Amazing place for a pie and beer. Sadly they sold and closed during the pandemic.

No it was right by North Station downtown, I used to work over there. http://www.trycuppacoffee.com/

East Boston is like the literal one area of the city I never lived in or knew anyone in so I pretty much have no idea what goes on over there besides the airport

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Docjowles posted:

No it was right by North Station downtown, I used to work over there. http://www.trycuppacoffee.com/

East Boston is like the literal one area of the city I never lived in or knew anyone in so I pretty much have no idea what goes on over there besides the airport

"Eastie" is becoming a thing now, which is insane to me in concept because, as you said, that's where the loving airport is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
We really need an AFC East team to do something to save us from BostonTalk

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1770546949592146088?s=20

Best i can offer is baseless speculation Miami will draft this dude

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
You can have him Dolfans

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1770611382989320394?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anderson Koopa posted:

Can you use it like a lighter? It might still have value if you can make bonfires with it
I'm going with yes based on what Impossibly Perfect Sphere said. I'm sure the kids will love it!

I'm not this talented but I respect it.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

would probably be an improvement

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do you really? Is it hard to make? It’s my favorite dessert and I literally…

1- had it the night of that post AND

2- flat out said to my dinner date “this is one of those things I have to order when I’m out because I have zero clue how to make it at home”

So to say I’m jealous is an understatement

Absolutely, it can just be a pain in the rear end if you deviate from the recipe at all

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Honestly, not super hard to do, just a bit painstaking as most French desserts are.

edit: the thing that mainly goes wrong is that the eggs get a little bit cooked when combined with the heated cream because the cream is too hot. don't do this and you should be fine. use real ramekins and a water bath in a baking dish and you will be fine. you can broil the sugar on, it doesn't work as well but it's better than buying a kitchen torch.

Basically this!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He will literally have like 350 yards on the Dolphis next year. If that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

He will literally have like 350 yards on the Dolphis next year. If that.
and he'll get pissy when he doesnt get the ball enough/Tyreek steals all the attention.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

We really need an AFC East team to do something to save us from BostonTalk

Look buddy the rest of us don't like hearing about whatever weird Jersey urban dictionary sex move a "pork roll with ketchup" is either but we let it slide for the offseason

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it is a shame that we have to focus on the rest of the afc east and their terrible sandwiches instead of the venerable cubano

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I don’t know stats for poo poo but in my heart I believe OBJ had one highlight reel catch that carried an otherwise mid receiver into an undeservedly long career.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I don’t know stats for poo poo but in my heart I believe OBJ had one highlight reel catch that carried an otherwise mid receiver into an undeservedly long career.

he was very good, then had a pretty bad ankle injury and was only good, and then his dad insulted baker mayfield and he became a wide receiving ronin

i don't believe in just saying poo poo when google is free

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

"Eastie" is becoming a thing now, which is insane to me in concept because, as you said, that's where the loving airport is.

seaport is weirder, Eastie has always been a first wave immigrant neighborhood. seaport was frank mccourts parking lots and a place to buy drugs 15 years ago (and the whiskey priest / ABG and also no name :rip:). now its like McKinsey offices and F1 arcades and high end hotels and poo poo

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I'm going with yes based on what Impossibly Perfect Sphere said. I'm sure the kids will love it!

Speaking of things the kids will love...

Just fill it with something flammable and enjoy the fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

and he'll get pissy when he doesnt get the ball enough/Tyreek steals all the attention.

He's way worse than Waddle too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’d be coming in as a Cedric Wilson replacement so a 1 year 6 million 3rd receiver

It’s not like they’re bringing him in for a huge contract

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

seaport is weirder, Eastie has always been a first wave immigrant neighborhood. seaport was frank mccourts parking lots and a place to buy drugs 15 years ago (and the whiskey priest / ABG and also no name :rip:). now its like McKinsey offices and F1 arcades and high end hotels and poo poo

Yeah I remember when the first high end condo towers went in the seaport and various local sports stars moved into penthouse suites. I was like wtf isn’t this where Whitey Bulger dumps bodies to never be found

Chelsea gentrifying was also weird, when I was growing up it was basically known for murder and crack. Now my friend lives there in a bougie condo with his little French bulldogs and constantly posts pictures of himself at craft cocktail bars

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anderson Koopa posted:

Speaking of things the kids will love...

Just fill it with something flammable and enjoy the fun.
lmao I wish you were my dad

mcmagic posted:

He's way worse than Waddle too.
Yeah he aint got nothing on Waddle

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’d be coming in as a Cedric Wilson replacement so a 1 year 6 million 3rd receiver

It’s not like they’re bringing him in for a huge contract
Waiting in the wings for Tyreek to get hurt or suspended

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

We had chase claypool on the field last year do you think he's a downgrade from that

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Parallax posted:

We had chase claypool on the field last year do you think he's a downgrade from that

Claypool's snap shares are pretty funny.

Chicago: 80% of offensive snaps
*trade*
Miami: 0-15% of offensive snaps

McDaniel took one look at the dude and was like "lol welcome to special teams dipshit"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yet he still found time to drop 2 touchdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm enjoying how salty Michael Lombardi is about that Pats documentary.