Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

E: the 77 is a bus from Waterloo to Tooting (toot toot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Putin is coming for yer pasties

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1770368892583502238?t=eVAXh2FAVTS2uLPDWHoeKQ&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Good, gently caress Greggs.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

keep punching joe posted:

I boiled my bellend doing that once, don't recommend

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There was a drama from 2017, King Charles III, I can't remember all the ins and outs but he did march into the House of Commons at some point causing a constitutional crisis.

https://www.dramarepublic.com/kingcharles

I remember it was pretty good.

Series 2 of the original House of Cards was about King Charles butting heads with the PM and losing. Still worth a watch imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well if he tried butting the current PM's head he'd break his back from leaning so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ok we've had Brexit, covid parties, the cost-of-living and Liz Truss but this time the Tories have gone too far :argh:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Is Greggs particularly bad for some reason? I am partial to a drive through chicken bake.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mebh posted:

Is Greggs particularly bad for some reason? I am partial to a drive through chicken bake.

Decent to their workers, as I understand it?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

greggs foundation is a p. good charity initiative, it pays for 900 schools / 62000 kids to run their breakfast clubs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They used to use workfare, but I think they've stopped that now.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
They also have Greggs Outlet stores that sell unsold food at a discount to cut food waste and help people on low incomes

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'm trying to cut down :btroll: but I've seen (no I haven't) so many people just take stuff off the shelf and leave I can only conclude it's known and accepted

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The palace PR thought they had a few years to deal with Kate to get her out of the picture for William to divorce and marry Lady Peggington before becoming king of swamp island, but Charles' imminent death from arse cancer has thrown the whole plan out of kilter.

She's been hospitalised in a coma since late December, spazzed out on a life glug after William beat her into a pulp on discovering she'd been banging some other toff who later died from self-inflicted shotgun blasts to the head on the same day William turned up with bruises on his neck.

Since then she has only been seen in a manipulated photo the palace claims was edited by Kate to make it look like she had altered it to make it look like she was Photoshopped in and no you can't see the original. And a blurry 5-second video clip filmed on a potato in a farm store car park proving she is alive and well.

I was gonna ask how that guy who got ol Yeller'd was potentially linked to it.

He was a small blip in the papers which looked like it would be something bigger to talk about but then promptly just vanished from coverage.

Same deal with the old guy who got a black eye from gardening.

I know all these fuckers are inbred, but are these people mentioned actually directly involved with one another or is it just the public thinking all Royals hang out together like the only way is Essex or some poo poo.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

What the gently caress?? gently caress you buddy

The ONLY reason to be saying this is when you’re annoyed they don’t corned beef bakes everywhere. They defo do them in Yorkshire and the north east, and I thought it was limited to there but I was in Leicester the other day and had one there but they don’t do them in Manchester which is just baffling and very frustrating for me

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Mebh posted:

I just don't think their food is particularly good, value for money, and the choice in there range is crap (especially sandwiches). I'm spoiled though as we have a decent local bakery chain in my town that does everything greggs does except better and cheaper.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress Greg though, that guy sucks

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Greggs fried chicken and potato wedges are delicious, and I'm partial to an occasional pizza slice or bacon and cheese wrap too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

gently caress Greg though, that guy sucks

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Only if you like large willies, as he has one apparently.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Good for him!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Since they brought in the vegan bake there has been no return for the fajita bake or the pepperoni bake. Greg Wallace must answer for this.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Dropping the big softie from the greggs lineup was their greatest crime.

Also the exponential growth in the sausage roll price.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
otoh the vegan sausage roll made so many boomers show their whole rear end to the world though, so impossible to say if good or bad.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It's all really expensive now. Sure a chicken bake used to be like 79p

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sausage roll used to be 25p....

In the 1990s.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

notaspy posted:

Only if you like large willies, as he has one apparently.

greggs... big softie

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Sausage roll used to be 25p....

In the 1990s.

It was 45p in 2004 apparently

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Photoshopping a big bald willie buying a chicken bake to prove that he's still alive.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Had the vegan roll on Saturday, still delicious even lukewarm. Wish it had been hot tho.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You forgot to include the "exponential growth" in the big willy chat.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

You forgot to include the "exponential growth" in the big willy chat.

I'll be honest here, I thought about it but I wasn't arsed looking for another picture of happy Gregg

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jakabite posted:

What the gently caress?? gently caress you buddy

The ONLY reason to be saying this is when you’re annoyed they don’t corned beef bakes everywhere. They defo do them in Yorkshire and the north east, and I thought it was limited to there but I was in Leicester the other day and had one there but they don’t do them in Manchester which is just baffling and very frustrating for me

Manchester doesn't do saveloys either with fish and chips. Worst Chester imo.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've never had a Greggs. They opened up their first shop in Plymouth a few months after I left, and I moved to a town that is proud of having no chain fast food joints. FML

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Time to bring the state-owned sausage and chips to Manchester.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

feel this guy is just trying to make me laugh harder each time he pops up https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1770270571395502409

MY WIFE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Apparently Greggs' time away from work reporting flow is a tad on the complicated side (allegedly!).

I am willing to overlook it for a nice steak bake, however.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino posted:

I've never had a Greggs. They opened up their first shop in Plymouth a few months after I left, and I moved to a town that is proud of having no chain fast food joints. FML

Unless you like mediocre lukewarm pastries, and dry donughts you're not missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Time to bring the state-owned sausage and chips to Manchester.

So, tory stooge Emma Barnett was right to ask Rayner "will you nationalize sausages"