Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Unless you like mediocre lukewarm pastries, and dry donughts you're not missing out.

Amazingly, their donuts are twice as expensive as M&S!
M&S 4 traditional jam donuts £1.25 - can't remember the cost of Greggs but they are definitely considerably more expensive.

78 calories in a typical large hard-boiled egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So, tory stooge Emma Barnett was right to ask Rayner "will you nationalize sausages"
Yes :hai:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

feel this guy is just trying to make me laugh harder each time he pops up https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1770270571395502409

MY WIFE

Of course he's not that the true face of all evil, that's this guy:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Paul Atreides: What's inside the red box?
Reverend Mother: Three slightly leaky chicken bakes, fresh from the oven

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Real "Wow stepbrother, that uncut saveloy is huge!" energy from that image

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Reading about those battered sausages in 80pt font on the train.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Royal-ware

Bargain!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

M&S 4 traditional jam donuts £1.25 - can't remember the cost of Greggs but they are definitely considerably more expensive.

£3.30

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Real "Wow stepbrother, that uncut saveloy is huge!" energy from that image

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

feel this guy is just trying to make me laugh harder each time he pops up https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1770270571395502409
lmao if he really believes he’s been hard done by (else why would you give an interview with your name attached a week or more after the thing) then it’s even funnier

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Waiting to find out that’s actually the name and face of an old business partner he’s trying to gently caress over

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I once got reprimanded at a new job for expressing that I thought a chicken bake was like a hot cumshot in food form. On reflection, my previous work in hospitality hadn’t well prepared me for office life.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Wahey Leo "The oval office" Varadkars stepping down as Taoiseach but apparently not calling a GE. Maybe we'll get 6 12 months of Westminster-style political Calvinball farce

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 20, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Leo stepping down to have a go at doing his own Wonka experience in Bray.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jakabite posted:

I once got reprimanded at a new job for expressing that I thought a chicken bake was like a hot cumshot in food form.
afraid to ask how you feel about a steak bake

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This seems relevant to current discussions

:allears:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Microplastics posted:

Please don't tell me you got trolled by this account

Have you seen their feed

I didn't, someone else QT'd it. Even if they were trolling there's a scary number of people agreeing with them in the comments!

kecske posted:

greggs foundation is a p. good charity initiative, it pays for 900 schools / 62000 kids to run their breakfast clubs

I wasn't surprised but still got very mad when I discovered that all company-affiliated charities are basically just grifts at heart, so no matter how much good they do I'd always rather donate to an independent one if I'm going to. If you're dumb enough to click the 'round up my order for charity' button when you're shopping you're just paying their tax bill for them.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 20, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

I once got reprimanded at a new job for expressing that I thought a chicken bake was like a hot cumshot in food form. On reflection, my previous work in hospitality hadn’t well prepared me for office life.

I don't know who you've been sucking off but if they cause as much damage as a chicken bake you might want to either stop or share with the rest of the class.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

Leo stepping down to have a go at doing his own Wonka experience in Bray.

Leo will probably go the talk show route. By which I mean hell do the Jeremy Kyle route. That will allow him to get back to his love of calling people on social welfare scum.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Apparently he's staying on as a TD and has nothing lined up for the future. This is what's known in politics as a "lie"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm stepping down IMMEDIATELY after I finish knitting this scarf. How long is it? Wait and see, you impatient one, you.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1770426998155890864?t=5Xc-esFeQneTObPEVixdRw&s=19

Lol

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Paladinus posted:

Apparently Greggs' time away from work reporting flow is a tad on the complicated side (allegedly!).

I am willing to overlook it for a nice steak bake, however.

I dunno this doesn't seem the worst, overcomplicated sure but I could live with it. Depends how stiff the penalties are, if any, for the left side.

Then again in my current job nobody really cares as long as you attend meetings, can be contacted and get your work done.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Labour MPs stop praising Thatcher challenge.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She was a visionary, she saw what this country could be if it just sent everyone into the loving sea and gave the rich everything. And she achieved that vision, got backstabbed out of office, went senile and died.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Well he's not wrong, she was visionary. Her vision was to just gently caress over the working class.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

fuctifino posted:

Where do you find these loving things, seriously.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If you started a party with the Corned Beef Sandwich Song as the entire manifesto you could probably pick up 100 seats

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Wow!

Elon Levy (British subject shilling for Israel)

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/politics/artc-israeli-spokesman-eylon-levy-suspended-after-uk-complaints

quote:

Eylon Levy, a prominent English-language spokesman for the Israeli government, has been suspended from his position following complaints from the UK government, according to a report by Channel 12.

The suspension comes after Levy responded to a tweet by UK Foreign Secretary David Cameron on March 8 regarding aid delivery to Gaza.

Levy reportedly replied to Cameron's tweet, asserting that there were no issues with the capacity of aid trucks entering Gaza. This response prompted concerns from the British Foreign Office, which sought clarification on whether Levy's tweet represented Israel's official stance.

As a result, Levy has been suspended from his role and has been absent from work for over a week. It is unlikely that he will return to his position.

The news of Levy's suspension coincides with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's lamentation about the lack of proficient English-speaking spokespersons in Israel. This development also follows earlier reports suggesting that Sara Netanyahu, the prime minister's wife, sought Levy's dismissal over his past criticism of Netanyahu and his involvement in protests against judicial reforms.

Also, Canada has suspended arms sales to Israel.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Where do you find these loving things, seriously.

That one came from the FB group 'Angry People in Local Newspapers'. They've been collating Mr Furnival's prized contributions to poetry for a while now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

MY WIFE
Fun fact: coulrophobia is fear of clowns

"a bloo bloo i put absolutely zero effort into a cynical profit mill, expecting Computer and other people to do all the work, and overcharged kids in a historically poor city to wander round a hired space full of actors I never paid without any concern for either, and am now doing press about how i'm the real victim after the oompa loompa lady went viral and I thought I'd cash in on that side of it"

Difficult to feel sad for Mr Clownn.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cimber posted:

How much lead time do they need to give before the GE can be held? A week? A month?

We had a parliament sit for 20 years straight once - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Parliament

I mean we had to have a couple of civil wars and a military coup about it, but Parliament Is Sovereign. In theory it could just pass an act of parliament saying 'no elections ever from now on' and with Charles' assent (hey mate remember what happened to Charles the First when he disagreed with us, yeah?) it would be legit.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 20, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

MY WIFE

quote:

He received 'hundreds and hundreds' of hate messages and has been dubbed 'Willy Wanker'

:lol:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/z_00pIz/status/1770386146603811128

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Are we allowed to embed threads yet because I could do with a fact check on this?

https://www.threads.net/@scottsantens/post/C4s3Gq4Olq0/?xmt=AQGzxJVSo47ANo5TSP9B8r_pX0gU4gg4odORSbXMtFSZYg

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Are we allowed to embed threads yet because I could do with a fact check on this?

https://www.threads.net/@scottsantens/post/C4s3Gq4Olq0/?xmt=AQGzxJVSo47ANo5TSP9B8r_pX0gU4gg4odORSbXMtFSZYg

There have been some very limited small scale tests by governments that usually return the result 'yes giving people a weekly / monthly stipend of additional cash alleviates poverty (and probably a whole bunch of other things like stress general health, diet, not going insane at *gestures wildly at everything*).'

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know who you've been sucking off but if they cause as much damage as a chicken bake you might want to either stop or share with the rest of the class.

Erm jealous much, get your own chicken bake dicks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

All these do-gooders wouldn't last a day in front of the old Radiation King!

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Took me a few seconds to realise his hand was palm facing up and not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tories are all over twitter allowing one to infer that reduction in inflation is (a) down to the them and (b) putting more £ in peoples' pockets. Sad thing is many people will probably believe it because many people still don't understand that inflation coming down still means prices are going up.