Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The latest Halo Infinite update uninstalled the entire game from my Xbox. What kind of stupid update is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

John F Bennett posted:

The latest Halo Infinite update uninstalled the entire game from my Xbox. What kind of stupid update is that.

The universe is giving you a hint, my friend

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Halo Infinite is ftw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Halo Infinite is ftw.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Mine updated fine

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I would replay the Halo Infinite campaign if I could mess with the grappling hook pull speed. I wanna zoom around faster dammit.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

I downloaded fine but when I played one of the new squad maps it bugged out and none of the landgrabs spawned.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I would replay the Halo Infinite campaign if I could mess with the grappling hook pull speed. I wanna zoom around faster dammit.

iirc you get a lot of momentum preservation with the bandana skull on for maximum zoom

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

https://x.com/Xbox/status/1770104897046007810?s=20

It's free-to-play frenzy week!

I don't get it, these games are always free.

Really it's just a sale on microtransaction junk. :cheeky:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Here is some Xbox news of the day

https://x.com/TrueAchievement/status/1770416292618535155?s=20

https://x.com/purexbox/status/1770416273618243673?s=20

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally my mindshare returns.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Well I'm glad I'm on week 49 of my current streak and can shut 'er down after 50

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Say it with me boys.

https://twitter.com/Colteastwood/status/1770470100224856194?t=VnEgClCAEs8KjCrkD0kg_w&s=19

Plays Best on the X

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

“I’d recommend playing on pc if you can,” lol

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What kind of mammoth PC you need and how badly optimized is DD2 to require one with that sort of specs? :wtc:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sad to see capcom become lazy devs :(

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

What kind of mammoth PC you need and how badly optimized is DD2 to require one with that sort of specs? :wtc:

Mid-range. Min spec is a gtx 1070, recommended is a 2080.

Microsoft XboxWindows stays winning

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Expensive week coming up. First Dragon's Dogma 2, then Planet Zoo.

And I'm still getting through Control. There are too many games, they should make fewer.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

Expensive week coming up. First Dragon's Dogma 2, then Planet Zoo.

And I'm still getting through Control. There are too many games, they should make fewer.

I'm working through No More Heroes 3. Seriously Suda, share some of those drugs.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

There are too many games, they should make fewer.

I think they are heading in this direction tbh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm going to play DD2 on my 4090 and get really mad that the performance is still bad.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
From the dd2 thread CPU is probably going to be the more aggressive bottleneck, and I guess it's at its absolute worse when you're just walking around in cities lol

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

From the dd2 thread CPU is probably going to be the more aggressive bottleneck, and I guess it's at its absolute worse when you're just walking around in cities lol

Uh oh the pc thread is leaking

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kri kri posted:

Uh oh the pc thread is leaking

It's called "woke" now

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

It's called "woke" now

Honest to god, I saw a guy call the new Street Fighter controls woke.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lammasu posted:

he was right

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

From the notes it seems they tuned the PS5 and Series X versions slightly differently and possibly somewhat independently. Series X has like a 2-3 fps advantage on average but the PS5 version runs at a higher resolution and has higher graphical settings so lol

Interestingly, both PS5 and Series X have Ray Tracing and you can't turn it off.

univbee fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 21, 2024

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Imagine the worlds most powerful gaming console being given such a poor port, devs are really plumbing the depths of laziness.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lammasu posted:

Modern controls? In MY fighting community?!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh no!

No wonder Xbox sales in Europe were down 47% YoY last month.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Timdog will not take this well.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The slight banding on some surfaces, especially on highly tessellated terrain, is deeply concerning.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Doesn't Xbox have better vrr at lower fps so it should feel smoother maybe? On a screen that supports it of course.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

Doesn't Xbox have better vrr at lower fps so it should feel smoother maybe? On a screen that supports it of course.

Afaik VRR on most all screens only works down to like 48 fps

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Afaik VRR on most all screens only works down to like 48 fps

I thought Xbox went lower, I know Playstation doesn't go below 48. Maybe I'm making that up though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wiltsghost posted:

My understanding is that 40 is the lowest range for VRR on Xbox, so it probably has an impact on the games performance so long as it's not sagging lower. I don't feel like VRR is all that amazing in general and my bigger issue is that the game apparently crashes to Ocarina of Time fps in cities.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

univbee posted:

Interestingly, both PS5 and Series X have Ray Tracing and you can't turn it off.

I don't get dev's obsession with ray tracing these days. You barely notice it half of the time but it can be such a performance hog, doesn't seem worth it to me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

John F Bennett posted:

I don't get dev's obsession with ray tracing these days. You barely notice it half of the time but it can be such a performance hog, doesn't seem worth it to me.

It's incredible on a stupid PC but it's poo poo on consoles. It's a timesaver in some ways I guess, but when devs put effort into really nice baked lighting with an artist's touch it's as good or better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

JBP posted:

It's a timesaver in some ways I guess

So what you are saying is it's lazy devs