Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hatebag posted:

well that's certainly intriguing. i wasn't really sure what it was, just that people liked it. having now watched part of a trailer does the game have as much soy/marvel writing and voice acting as the trailer suggests?

its supposed to be corny and stupid

one of the bosses is literally just a walking jojo reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KRwqYTv548

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2sDMvEuvDQ

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

well, i do love jojo. and it's on gapeass and i already downloaded it, so I'll give it a shot once I've gotten sick of telling harpies to make cloaks

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Are the PC ports for MGS2 & MGS3 any good? thinking of maybe getting them before the sale ends.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Mar 20, 2024

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Are the PC port for MGS2 & MGS3 any good? thinking of maybe getting the, before the sale ends.

MGS1 was pretty rough but they just patched it to add support for analog sticks. Theres also a fan fix for all the 3d games in the collection that makes them work better with resolutions higher than 720p, along with other fixes

Just beat MGS1 tho, was pretty fun. Going through 2 now and it seems to be fine with the fan fix. Havent tried 3 yet

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Wonder what ropekid's got next after he finally made his dream game. I don't think he's involved with the Pillars Skyrim-like or (lol) Outer Worlds 2

He never tells unless it's been officially revealed already.

As for New Vegas 2, that just means Microsoft has to hunt down all the great people responsible and gather them together again if they give a poo poo about the actual product.

Which, given Starfield, they probably don't.

But I'd be happy to be wrong! I'd also be happy to see Harebrained Schemes working on all the licenses Microsoft hoovered up.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I think Cait Sith benefits a lot from learning later skills.

He becomes especially silly once he gets Moogle Magic, but he's also just a very handy buffer and having the Moogle attract enemy attention is very valuable in a game like this.).

Yeah it's been very fun working that morbidly obese puppet into my strategy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Which one? I remember completely blowing through one thanks to having a full complement of speed buffs, but the other, the assassin, was by a huge margin the hardest fight in the game but was still loads of fun

God King Gaemdriel

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Bro Dad posted:

although weirdly enough they released hi-fi rush the same day it was announced with zero marketing and it only came out because employees at bethesda were addicted to the the internal demo while crunching on starfield

It did kind of come out of nowhere, but if you're into that kind of game it's a fuckin A+. The writing and music are amazing.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Hatebag posted:

does the game have as much soy/marvel writing and voice acting as the trailer suggests?

lol

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I got a whiff of marvel from the trailer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this game appears to have... jokes. must be marvel shif

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the trailer started with a time stop "yep that's me. you're probably wondering how i ended up here." perfectly reasonable to perceive that as a grim harbinger of "jokes" to come
the gameplay seems fun at least

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
hearing some questionable things about dragons dogma 2 performance

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hatebag posted:

the trailer started with a time stop "yep that's me. you're probably wondering how i ended up here." perfectly reasonable to perceive that as a grim harbinger of "jokes" to come
the gameplay seems fun at least

Yeah the game that looks like a Saturday morning cartoon will keep doing Saturday morning cartoon marvel/soy jokes.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

reiterating that hi-fi rush is ridiculously loving good, like impossibly so, and you owe it to yourself to play it for a zillion reasons

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the dialogue in Hi-Fi rush is kinda mid but the visual comedy is extremely good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

reiterating that hi-fi rush is ridiculously loving good, like impossibly so, and you owe it to yourself to play it for a zillion reasons

Yeah, the story is so light hearted and legit funny as hell and never takes itself serious. The gameplay itself is incredibly fun.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just could not grok the timing in hifi rush

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Al! posted:

I get pretty frustrated when I gently caress up on rhythm games and mixing a rhythm game with an action game tested me a lot.

Never finished hifi rush though, need to get back into it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Third World Reagan posted:

Playing shitloads of Bloodborne and EDF has shown me that drops in framerate are tolerable so long as the gameplay is great. Hell when EDF turns into a slideshow it's actually a mark of pride. I'm hoping they can optimize it a bit with patches but either way I doubt it's gonna get in the way of a good time.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Third World Reagan posted:

the game apparently shits the bed inside of cities, where you won't be fighting things, so whatever. it is also allegedly going to have dlss 3 at release so if you have any RTX card you can use that or FSR and the frame gen should make the lovely performing non combat sections look fine

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Al! posted:

there's no shame in turning on the visual indicator, iirc it's the back button, I platted that game with it on almost the whole time

and of course you might've had some system input lag that can be fixed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah I was having a hard time making the jump to expert in Fortnite rhythm mode so I hosed with the input lag and it was way off, much better now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

i didnt bother playing it because i'm always bad at groking the timings in any rhythm game and knew i'd be bad at it. a drunken sealioning pounding an suv at a beach parking lot probably has better rhythm than me

the only wii party minigame i'd ever consistently lose to my partner was the rocking baby game

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

good luck with ctd roulette

I’m done playing for a bit, it’s crashing constantly on ps5. boo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lunacid rules, just got a slime girlfriend. Also finally replaced my torch, most reliable of weapons, with a fire sword I got from beating up ghost rabbits with a hilt for a bit. Between that and the steel club I'm pretty well covered since the sword also provides light. Vampires hate it!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi-Fi RUSH is an absolutely fantastic game and even if you do not have very good rhythm you should play it. It's just a pure joy.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I’m done playing for a bit, it’s crashing constantly on ps5. boo

a lot of players have been getting their files corrupted on steam with the new updates, myself included. verifying the install fixed that and fixed my crashes

i wonder if deleting and reinstalling on ps5 would help with some of the issues

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Xaris posted:

the only wii party minigame i'd ever consistently lose to my partner was the rocking baby game

after I made this I felt kinda bad but I feel like I should honor my sixty seconds of effort and also continue to be the kind of dickhead who won't shut up about achewood

SirSamVimes posted:

Hi-Fi RUSH is an absolutely fantastic game and even if you do not have very good rhythm you should play it. It's just a pure joy.

so true. besides just how incredibly good it feels to play, unfettered by the merely serviceable platforming, it's such a joy to bob one's head to the soundtrack and hear the accents and roars and wah-wahs as you bash robots

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

World War Mammories posted:

after I made this I felt kinda bad but I feel like I should honor my sixty seconds of effort and also continue to be the kind of dickhead who won't shut up about achewood

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1770593619042255025?t=ZeKHn8wFAQsgVkeUqUzUKg&s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This has been sorta "in the works" for like 15 years.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

make it a haunted house movie or something

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

the entire movie should be in simlish

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

SomethingBeautiful posted:

there is a non-zero chance this happens

very close to zero though

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

SomethingBeautiful posted:

the sims: blibbidi do blah beedibah

coming this summer

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Epic High Five posted:

Lunacid rules, just got a slime girlfriend. Also finally replaced my torch, most reliable of weapons, with a fire sword I got from beating up ghost rabbits with a hilt for a bit. Between that and the steel club I'm pretty well covered since the sword also provides light. Vampires hate it!

One of the swords evolves into the Vampire Hunter D sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

One of the swords evolves into the Vampire Hunter D sword.

Vampire Hunter sword? That's the one I got as the last item in the tombs lol, it was 100% torch until then. Didn't know it evolved!