Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrXaby5ZVs

heres another preview by a guy who describes Dragons Dogma as the "best 7/10 game ever made"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I have a Ryzen 9 5950X with a 3090 and 32GB of ram so hopefully it will run alright.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roobanguy posted:

heres another preview by a guy who describes Dragons Dogma as the "best 7/10 game ever made"

So excited

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Sloober posted:

classic ogre behavior, i hope the pawns commented on its rear end

I remember my first encounter with an ogre in the original.

I had a full party of females. That was a fun surprise.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It looks like Celeb Pawns are hitting a new level here, can't wait to run Conan The Warrior, House M.D. the Mage, and David Bowie the Thief.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Iymarra posted:

Looking forward to the day 1 mod to re-add the main menu music

:same:

ACG loves the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKu3cwSuBYw

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It looks like Celeb Pawns are hitting a new level here, can't wait to run Conan The Warrior, House M.D. the Mage, and David Bowie the Thief.

The very first pawn I ran into was Paul Atredes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skrXaby5ZVs

:awesome:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OH MY loving GOD!

You can fist bump your pawn after a won fight?! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Assuming Capcom isn't too aggressive with the anti-cheat, you can also just Cheat Engine your way pass any mechanics that are really annoying to you.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The very first pawn I ran into was Paul Atredes.

Speaking of, here's my final revision at my pawn

Chalamet's jaw is impossible to convey even in this editor though

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Draven posted:

I remember my first encounter with an ogre in the original.

I had a full party of females. That was a fun surprise.

i personally did not expect a video game monster to specifically get horny at your party so i had a good chuckle when that happened

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Hamelekim posted:

I have a Ryzen 9 5950X with a 3090 and 32GB of ram so hopefully it will run alright.

Same but a 3080, 60 would be sick

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

OH MY loving GOD!

You can fist bump your pawn after a won fight?! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!

High fives and fist bumps, yes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

still cant decide if i want to have Robotnik as my pawn or not but gave him some final face adjustments and i think he's lookin good

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I guess I should be glad now that I fried my motherboard last year and had to get a new CPU.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Is anyone able to preload the game on Steam yet? I thought we were supposed to be able to by now

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sea Lily posted:

still cant decide if i want to have Robotnik as my pawn or not but gave him some final face adjustments and i think he's lookin good

She is beautiful

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sea Lily posted:

I assume you made Sonic your main

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cross between Robotnik and 19th-century Irish gang leader

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

johnny park posted:

Is anyone able to preload the game on Steam yet? I thought we were supposed to be able to by now

Yeah I actually have good Internet, but I still want to be able to play right away, especially since it drops at 1 AM where I live

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Has anyone seen any sliders for Patrick Stewart out there? Kind of want to run around as Picard, Data and Worf.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

No Dignity posted:

Speaking of, here's my final revision at my pawn

Chalamet's jaw is impossible to convey even in this editor though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FWul8qeHM

I thought this one was pretty well-done. Comes with sliders, so I might swipe it for myself lol.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

Promotion!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
https://youtu.be/Sw44XGu6u44?si=KgPf8XCDjhzvpead

RageGaming absolutely loves it. Basically said if you like the first, you'll love this one.

Fawns over the much improved pawn AI as well.

He really doesn't touch on any negatives and the brief moment he brings up framerate he says "who cares?" Because he feels the overall feeling of the game outshines performance issues.

His bias shows in the review because of how much of a fan he is of the first one, but overall it seems that the core essence of the first game is still alive and well. Which is really all I wanted.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Clocks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FWul8qeHM

I thought this one was pretty well-done. Comes with sliders, so I might swipe it for myself lol.

Oh, well that put me to shame!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

What's the rating on a i7 10700K these days I don't know jack poo poo about gently caress

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sloober posted:

i personally did not expect a video game monster to specifically get horny at your party so i had a good chuckle when that happened

It's a Berserk reference. They're directly modeled on the rape trolls. In DD1 they focused on female characters, and their butts and cheek turned bright pink if they saw one.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also someone mentioned that Series X had the best performance followed by PS5. Where did you see that? I did not see that Digital Foundry had done anything on DD2 yet.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Coolness Averted posted:

It's a Berserk reference. They're directly modeled on the rape trolls. In DD1 they focused on female characters, and their butts and cheek turned bright pink if they saw one.

Goddamn how did I not realize this? Throw it on the pile with the Witchwood, Mercedes, the Guts pre-set in the character creator, the official tie-in armor sets, etc.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The original Dragon's Dogma release had an official Berserk tie-in with armor / weapons that got removed in the re-releases once the license expired

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If you PC specs nerds are worried about poor performance in the cities I recommend murdering everyone you meet.

Won’t have to render everyone in town if they’re all dead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

From the eurogamer review. This is going to be the game of all time

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Coolness Averted posted:

iirc the elder trolls in BBI were horny for guys instead.

I'm glad early reviews are making it sound like exactly what I was hoping for. Less than two days to go before it's time to fly into free once more.

Did they shore up the inventory system or is it still a giant mess of items to dig through when you're trying to figure out how many of one specific rock you have (that looks like every other rock)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

iirc the elder trolls in BBI were horny for guys instead.

I'm glad early reviews are making it sound like exactly what I was hoping for. Less than two days to go before it's time to fly into free once more.

Did they shore up the inventory system or is it still a giant mess of items to dig through when you're trying to figure out how many of one specific rock you have (that looks like every other rock)

Just shove everything in your storage, stores and poo poo can pick out from there.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Unlucky7 posted:

Also someone mentioned that Series X had the best performance followed by PS5. Where did you see that? I did not see that Digital Foundry had done anything on DD2 yet.

The XSX has a faster CPU than the PS5, so in CPU-bound conditions like cities one would expect it to be faster.

In other scenarios it may go either way depending on how various settings have been tuned per platform.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

im so hype.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mad I couldn't get my goblin girl pawn smaller than she was that there werent any goblin based monikers outside of maybe green

I have a 7900xtx and a AMD 7800x processor AND got a artic freezer 3 a few weeks ago to deal with noise / heat. Im set for some gaming this weekend

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 20, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sounds like a Jedi Survivor performance situation with regard to the "there's literally nothing you can do to achieve a high framerate regardless of your hardware" situation (at least before Jedi Survivor's patches, and I don't expect this game to patch in better performance). I'll be happy as long as I can get 60fps outside of cities (CPU is a 12700k which seems pretty good)

I think I might enjoy this game, since my main issue with Elden Ring and the Souls games is how incredibly dour they are. It's a bummer wandering through Depressing Land Where Everyone Is Miserable Or Insane, even if it's aesthetically beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I was originally going to wait for sale on this one but these reviews are making me realize that was a foolish, ill-informed stance, last minute preorder activated.