Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I hit the rate limiter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:mods:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Millennials are 40+ now.

I'm 42, I think the upper limit is broadly considered to be around 44, most millennials are in their mid to late 30's still

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I cant believe I have to share the millennial title with 90s trash.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cimber posted:

Can I bitch about using Microsoft teams?

Actually, scratch that, I'm going to bitch about being forced to use Microsoft Teams if you like it or not.

MS teams sucks, I hate the fact that it has to 'ding' every time someone messages me, and that I can't simply turn off dings for existing chats and have it on only for newly created chats. I hate

when
people
message me
like this
and every

loving millennials.

okay boomer

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I hate that poo poo. Drives me crazy.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Internet Explorer posted:

skibidi

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

that's so ohio of you

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have a user that posts updates in tickets like it's an instant messaging app. Love doing something else for 10 minutes and swap back to the browser to find 15 updates for a single ticket.

I don't know how they tolerate it, it's service now so you can't type two words and press enter to submit and keep going. You gotta click the save box and then scroll down to select the text entry box again.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I like Microsoft teams. I don't hate it, but it lets me talk with people and call them. That's all I want out of a program, personally. Yeah it has fancier features like Teams and all that but people are unruly as gently caress so anything that lets me send files fast and all is fine, I don't care past that. I wouldn't use it exhaustively, personally, if anything I wouldn't use any chat program because I hate talking with people and

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

My MS Teams auto replies the newsgroup through which I can be contacted.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Adding "zoomer" to my resume, do you need any help opening a PDF thread?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Reoxygenation posted:

I like Microsoft teams.

Gulag.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Teams is as bad as every other corporate chat app

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Teams is as bad as every other corporate chat app

Skype was great. It did two features: Chat and screen share. Thats all.
Teams tries to be useful and does everything and ends up getting in its way. Basic poo poo like sharing the screen while doing a chat is really hard. Either it doesn't work, it works for some people but not others, or the red bar doesn't disappear when I am done and I have to restart the whole app.

It's also really hard to see who's in the drat chat with me, while Skype would have a useful bar on the left side showing everyone's name and status.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cimber posted:

Skype was great. It did two features: Chat and screen share. Thats all.
Teams tries to be useful and does everything and ends up getting in its way. Basic poo poo like sharing the screen while doing a chat is really hard. Either it doesn't work, it works for some people but not others, or the red bar doesn't disappear when I am done and I have to restart the whole app.

It's also really hard to see who's in the drat chat with me, while Skype would have a useful bar on the left side showing everyone's name and status.

wtf, Teams screenshare has always worked flawlessly for me, what have you/your org done

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Teams owns, it's a fantastic collaboration and productivity app that manages to do 90% of what a bunch of other apps combined can do, bundled with M365. When it launched it needed more time in the oven but nowadays it's pretty great.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I certainly deserve that but for my other opinions, not my opinion on MS Teams I assure you!!!!!!!!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

CLAM DOWN posted:

wtf, Teams screenshare has always worked flawlessly for me, what have you/your org done

Correct. Teams itself is fine. I used to hate it too, years ago, but it’s improved and gets the job done. It has its issues, like searching and scrolling back through chat history is obnoxious but overall I can’t muster up any particular animosity towards it.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
Try to close Teams. It really doesn't like it when you do that. It tends to just start up again for no reason.
I legitimately had to quickly knock up a script to kill the process in a loop for when I want Teams dead and just want some peace and quiet while I'm on my work machine

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

klosterdev posted:

bundled with M365.

Not anymore in europe, thank you Slack! :negative:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

CLAM DOWN posted:

I really do not like working with Teams but screenshare just works.

The only thing that sucks is that you can move the bar in the top of your screen which blocks browser tabs when visible. That’s annoying af.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

SlowBloke posted:

Not anymore in europe, thank you Slack! :negative:

That’s a graat thing. ME abusing their monopoly on desktop poo poo is what got us Internet Explorer. :argh:

Happy Litterbox
Jan 2, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

In my old job whenever you tried to screenshare you got the message that the feature has been disabled by my organization. Despite multiple tickets the responsible department claimed innocence and did nothing. That lead to having a teams call and having to use Teamviewer or something to share the screen.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm gay for Microsoft Teams

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

HalloKitty posted:

Try to close Teams. It really doesn't like it when you do that. It tends to just start up again for no reason.
I legitimately had to quickly knock up a script to kill the process in a loop for when I want Teams dead and just want some peace and quiet while I'm on my work machine

i just closed teams with no issue, and unfortunately reopened it, also flawlessly

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
It boggles the mind that Google can make two dozen chat apps but can't cobble together a Teams competitor to bundle with Gsuite years after Teams became popular.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

please don't give them any ideas

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

CLAM DOWN posted:

i just closed teams with no issue, and unfortunately reopened it, also flawlessly

It's strange, I've found plenty of threads online where others have the same issue. I don't know. Teams is definitely better than when it launched. I was bitter at that time because Skype for Business was simply better.
Now Teams is OK. It's still bloated, sluggish, with the odd freeze and random behaviour, but it's OK I guess. It's very much not exceptional.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 20, 2024

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

HalloKitty posted:

It's strange, I've found plenty of threads online where others have the same issue. I don't know. Teams is definitely better than when it launched. I was bitter at that time because Skype for Business was simply better.
Now Teams is OK. It's still bloated, sluggish, with the odd freeze and random behaviour, but it's OK I guess. It's very much not exceptional.

Dear HalloKitty,

Hi, happy to help you out today. Have you tried restarting your device?

Best,

Tokin Opposition

*Ticket marked as closed*

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

HalloKitty posted:

i just closed teams for fun again, flawlessly, and now i'm refusing to re-open it

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

klosterdev posted:

It boggles the mind that Google can make two dozen chat apps but can't cobble together a Teams competitor to bundle with Gsuite years after Teams became popular.

I thought they killed gsuite? Or sm I thinking of its predecessor?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

please don't give them any ideas

Are you not satisfied with Google Hangouts Meet Duo for Business?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I am a Teams fan, our org also has Slack because DEV reasons and it is hilarious because it causes much more chaos while trying to find that conversation from a while ago...

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

*slam picks frowny face*

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Thanks Ants posted:

I preferred Google ChatWave+ CorpoPro but they graveyarded it :commissar:

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Most modern laptops with a built in battery don't.

Most Dell's and Lenovo's still have em.

On system board replacements they'd always send the board with a new one but I was instructed to not ship back the old one, so I had a pile of mostly fine 2302 batteries when I left that job.

Organic Lube User fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 21, 2024

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Unrelated, why the hell is SAP documentation so goddamned dry and awful? These training docs are killing me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Organic Lube User posted:

Unrelated, why the hell is SAP documentation so goddamned dry and awful? These training docs are killing me.

SAP, the slow, silent killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Organic Lube User posted:

Most Dell's and Lenovo's still have em.

On system board replacements they'd always send the board with a new one but I was instructed to not ship back the old one, so I had a pile of mostly fine 2302 batteries when I left that job.

Not on the Precision series or Latitudes I did forensics on recently. No CMOS battery. I think they are bringing them back though because apparently Dell was having issues with the main battery failing causing the laptop to become unbootable due to lack of CMOS battery.