Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mullet and stache Bottas owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

marshalljim posted:

I hope Max wins every race this season, because that will at least be something to remember.

only 1 driver is guaranteed a seat in 2025: lance stroll

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

marshalljim posted:

I hope Max wins every race this season, because that will at least be something to remember.

Then they've won F1 for all time and can quit the series, while the rest of the field fights for the all time 2nd place. We can gaslight RB into this if we try, nobody tell them.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Spedman posted:

Maybe they can take a wrong turn and end up in Albert Lake with the rowers

Is this the rowing thread too!?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

karoshi posted:

Then they've won F1 for all time and can quit the series, while the rest of the field fights for the all time 2nd place. We can gaslight RB into this if we try, nobody tell them.

This is how Track and Field events should work. Nobody gets a Gold medal unless they beat the world record. If you aren’t beating Usain Bolt’s record you’re basically that 10 year old who was the fastest in their class.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

f1tv was set to auto renew on April 3rd, had to let that poo poo go today. $85 better spent elsewhere. Maybe next year.

Is that one of those "Cancel and renew at 30%" type crap?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Is that one of those "Cancel and renew at 30%" type crap?

No, I just don't think it's worth paying for this year. They also just raised the price which is a tall ask considering the on track product.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Yeah it's amazing

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

No, I just don't think it's worth paying for this year. They also just raised the price which is a tall ask considering the on track product.

I did the exact same. I know the outcome for at least 90% of the races this year already why would I pay money for that

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The funny thing is that Liberty isn't stupid (well they were when they signed a poo poo ton of track deals). But they are probably awake after the hangover of success and are now staring at the proverbial angry spouse.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Colostomy Bag posted:

The funny thing is that Liberty isn't stupid (well they were when they signed a poo poo ton of track deals).
OTOH if the popularity of the sport does fall of a cliff (Imagine RB nails the 26 regs and Verstappen stays beyond 28...) they have a bunch of tracks locked into having to host for a nice bag of cash.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Zedd posted:

OTOH if the popularity of the sport does fall of a cliff (Imagine RB nails the 26 regs and Verstappen stays beyond 28...) they have a bunch of tracks locked into having to host for a nice bag of cash.

Exactly...right now they are probably making GBS threads bricks.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

lmao bottas is awesome

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/shocking-details-behind-painful-williams-f1-revolution/ posted:

It is not an exaggeration to say that up to and including at least the initial work on the 2024 Williams, its car builds were handled using Microsoft Excel, with a list of around 20,000 individual components and parts.

Unsurprisingly, ex-Mercedes man Vowles - someone used to class-leading operations and systems – had a damning verdict for that: “The Excel list was a joke. Impossible to navigate and impossible to update.”

Cannot wait to see williams-2024-final(2).xls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wzm posted:

I'm not joking I spent 45 minutes this morning trying to open a 118MB excel file with 26 pivot tables in it and my solution ultimately was to open it in a VM. This explains why Williams sucks so much lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pragmatica posted:

lmao bottas is awesome

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bottas owns

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that Bottas commercial will be the best thing come out of f1 in 2024.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

I think the Horner situation still has some potential

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

At best it's the icing on the cake of Horner being arrested under the UK's new cyber flashing legislation at the British Grand Prix followed by Red Bull releasing a pissy statement about Hamilton celebrating his win as Horner was being thrown in the back of a paddy wagon.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
File 76.jpg on a massive banner in the stands down the Hamilton straight

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

quote:

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has been cleared of interfering in last year's Formula One races in Saudi Arabia and Las Vegas, the sport's governing body said on Wednesday after investigating whistleblower claims.
The most ethical fia president ever

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cleared by who

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

wzm posted:

Please. We're upgrading. Williams-2024-final(2).mdb

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I presume there's like a motorsport equivalent of BIM 360 which is more powerful than pirated copies of Excel 97

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm always impressed with how much more convoluted Microsoft tries to make saving a file with each successive iteration of Office.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

I'm always impressed with how much more convoluted Microsoft tries to make saving a file with each successive iteration of Office.

I'm always impressed with how much Quid manages to identify the random poo poo that also drives me insane

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Many call it Microshaft Winblows.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Micro$oft Windoze

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
jimmy vowles is installing gentoo on the williams computer right now and will lead the team to certain victory

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

the milk machine posted:

jimmy vowles is installing gentoo on the williams computer right now and will lead the team to certain victory

Obviously compiling the kernel from scratch will lead to unparalleled performance and a Williams P1/P2.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is how Track and Field events should work. Nobody gets a Gold medal unless they beat the world record. If you aren’t beating Usain Bolt’s record you’re basically that 10 year old who was the fastest in their class.

Nobody tell this guy about powerlifting

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

Finally, a silent F1 car

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

smart guy they got there.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Thanks Ants posted:

Finally, a silent F1 car

lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0rXTe1Q6Y

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pit lane appendectomy at silverstone

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

FAUXTON posted:

pit lane appendectomy at silverstone

Slow stop, they accidentally stripped the nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

f1tv was set to auto renew on April 3rd, had to let that poo poo go today. $85 better spent elsewhere. Maybe next year.

Buy yourself motogp sub if you wanna watch some racin