Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

skooma512 posted:

I thought they hired gambling machine people to make them addictive instead of normal game devs discovering gambling mechanics?

PDT but will be EDT a month.

Though, how much leeway should I be giving people exactly? Does the thread want me to start probing as soon as people say boomer?

all i want is an apology, my 75 cents back, and for PFC to be banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9QnZVpVd8

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skooma512 posted:

Though, how much leeway should I be giving people exactly? Does the thread want me to start probing as soon as people say boomer?

if you actually do anything constructive as IK/mod posters will start whining, literally no matter what you actually do or how strict/permissive you are

so just slap people who are making the thread unreadable and don't give a second thought to it

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

gambling was ftw when there was a bunch of deposit bonuses and odds boosts. now the free money has dried up and every bet is a losing bet.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SKULL.GIF posted:

if you actually do anything constructive as IK/mod posters will start whining, literally no matter what you actually do or how strict/permissive you are

so just slap people who are making the thread unreadable and don't give a second thought to it

:hai:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It is done.

Going forward, generation chat is not permitted, as well as tipping chat. Please take "Millenials go dee dee dee, boomers go doop doop doop" to another thread of your choosing.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Mar 20, 2024

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Woke Mind Virus posted:

gambling was ftw when there was a bunch of deposit bonuses and odds boosts. now the free money has dried up and every bet is a losing bet.
There was a "good work" episode on this and lol apparently there were universities that ran promos with these apps with intro bonuses for advertised to their students
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5VYJlggBMo

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Woke Mind Virus posted:

every bet is a losing bet.

Imagine that.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mandel Brotset posted:

generations aren’t real gently caress head you need a class analysis

lol yes they are they own all the houses in Pittsburgh

gently caress you willa is right

jfc thread needs an ik

etc etc

ngl i started posting like that because it's funny when willa kramers in to Not All Boomers whatever random thread is poo poo talking

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

lol chipotle

not sure i believe it should have a market cap twice that of YUM but premium consumer remains healthy

JAAAAAYYYYYYYY

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PoundSand posted:

There was a "good work" episode on this and lol apparently there were universities that ran promos with these apps with intro bonuses for advertised to their students

lol jesus christ

imagine what would happen to this country if it lost its grip on global hegemony and suddenly couldn't afford to import its food and treats. fewer and fewer citizens are doing productive work, it's just endless layers of parasitical financial trickery and scamming

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

skooma512 posted:

don't think there needs to be any leeway. generational analysis is useless and spawns tedious derails, so just kill them on sight.

SKULL.GIF posted:

people always say that or that you get unhinged pms for sixers, but i didn't get any for the ip thread (got several "yeah i deserved that" pms though), and we were definitely using a fairly heavy hand the first few months. you should just have an idea of what kind of discourse you're trying to foster in the thread and warn/punish accordingly.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I only gamble on sports if I'm in Las Vegas, as god intended

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

skooma512 posted:

jesus christ, I've never asked for anything remotely like that. Certain people's posts itt are like watching kindergartners say peepee & smirk that they said a naughty word.

I've been incredibly clear on what I take issue with: the ahistorical & nonfactual claims the country's ills are caused by a particular random age group rather than by capital.

bonus idiot points for those thinking that young people in their 20s & 30s should've done something to prevent reagan's policies that congressional dems wholeheartedly supported.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

also I don't think anyone should be probated for their opinions on boomers, only rebutted with reality.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ok boomer

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

also I don't think anyone should be probated for their opinions on boomers, only rebutted with reality.

willa's wrong

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I have sacrificed one poster as a symbolic measure to end the boom-Xer versus mil-zoomer generational debate, I think we're set unless people still can't help themselves

gently caress, now you tell me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Another domino falling.

https://twitter.com/MacroEdgeRes/status/1770501296228819327

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

gently caress, now you tell me

it's fine, and fwiw I agree with you on not probing people just for having bad opinions. showing up with bad opinions on the subject matter and getting brutally annihilated is what this forum is supposed to be all about, it's good content. the probes are for when we need to stop tedious/pointless/off-topic derails. 8 different posters sniping with one-liners like "boomers actually suck rear end" and "boomers aren't even real you loving morons" isn't even slightly funny or interesting, especially since we've seen it 20 times or more already, so basically that's what we want to shut down

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

jesus christ, I've never asked for anything remotely like that. Certain people's posts itt are like watching kindergartners say peepee & smirk that they said a naughty word.

I've been incredibly clear on what I take issue with: the ahistorical & nonfactual claims the country's ills are caused by a particular random age group rather than by capital.

bonus idiot points for those thinking that young people in their 20s & 30s should've done something to prevent reagan's policies that congressional dems wholeheartedly supported.

Right, it's a class issue mostly and thanks to historical timing it just happens to look like generational issue at a high level.

Anyway, it's an FOMC day. The Ayatollahs of Finance will speak soon. We must all watch with reverence as they decide today's stock market moves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This!!!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

skooma512 posted:

Anyway, it's an FOMC day. The Ayatollahs of Finance will speak soon. We must all watch with reverence as they decide today's stock market moves.

here you go

https://x.com/thestalwart/status/1770510748290089066

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

TREPEP!!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
HIGHER FOR LONGER

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1770511082823582144

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

JUICE IT, JAY:

quote:

Congressional Democrats are, once again, greeting this news with calls for the Fed to start cutting rates. “Inflation is down significantly from its peak, and the Fed must not risk the progress we’ve made by maintaining these elevated interest rates for longer than necessary,” Representative Brendan Boyle of Pennsylvania, the top Democrat on the budget committee, said in a release.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I haven't been keeping up with the thread since December. Are they cutting in the hopes that the economy magically improves in time for the election?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

theyre promising cuts later this year, no actual cuts yet

the cuts will instantly juice the stock market when they happen, of course any real downstream effects on the actual "doing things in the material realm" economy won't happen until well after the election

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Orvin posted:

And what happens when the “script” for Monday Night Raw, or whatever the hell it is gets leaked? Or just insider traded? Like can some PA make bank by always knowing which thing to bet on, or is this a case of the App always denying all payouts related to wrestling. Because to win means you must have insider knowledge.

Or never having touched the ap (and way over thinking things), is it nothing but dumb prop bets that are not truly scripted. Over/ under for number of punches, slams, etc?

you can bet on wwe but the lines always move bigly on the day of the show as results get around backstage

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

the cuts will instantly juice the stock market when they happen, of course any real downstream effects on the actual "doing things in the material realm" economy won't happen until well after the election

stock market is entirely separate from the economy outside of vibes

thanks, Reagan

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Orvin posted:

I am finally glad my parents watched the most boring sports on the planet when I was a child (or at least the most boring sports to my young self). Tennis and Golf. T

I thought there were allegations of fixing in both?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm not sure a small cut will be enough, AI momentum (despite being garbage) has given C-suites enough ammo to keep things as-is

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

China is bad because they won't guarantee future results based on past performance.

Like can you even imagine building housing for your people instead of making number go up? CAN YOU?

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/11/chinas-housing-minister-property-developers-must-go-bankrupt-if-needed.html

BEIJING — China’s struggling real estate developers won’t be getting a major bailout, Chinese authorities have indicated, warning that those who “harm the interests of the masses” will be punished.

“For real estate companies that are seriously insolvent and have lost the ability to operate, those that must go bankrupt should go bankrupt, or be restructured, in accordance with the law and market principles,” Ni Hong, Minister of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, said at a press conference Saturday.

“Those who commit acts that harm the interests of the masses will be resolutely investigated and punished in accordance with the law,” he said. “They will be made to pay the due price.”

That’s according to a CNBC translation of his Mandarin-language remarks published in an official transcript of the press conference, held alongside China’s annual parliamentary meetings.

Ni’s comments come as major real estate developers from Evergrande to Country Garden have defaulted on their debt, while plunging new home sales have put future business into question.In 2020, Beijing cracked down on developers’ high reliance on debt for growth in an attempt to clamp down on property market speculation. But many developers soon ran out of money to finish building apartments, which are typically sold to homebuyers in China ahead of completion. Some buyers stopped paying their mortgages in a boycott.

Authorities have since announced measures to provide some developers with financing. But the national stance on reducing the role of real estate in the economy hasn’t changed.

This year’s annual government gathering has emphasized the country’s focus on investing in and building up high-end manufacturing capabilities. In contrast, the leadership has not mentioned the massive real estate sector as much.

Real estate barely came up during a press conference focused on the economy last week, while Ni was speaking during a meeting that focused on “people’s livelihoods.”

Ni said authorities would promote housing sales and the development of affordable housing, while emphasizing the need to consider the longer term.

Near-term changes in the property sector have a significant impact on China’s overall economy.

Real estate was once about 25% of China’s GDP, when including related sectors such as construction. UBS analysts estimated late last year that property now accounts for about 22% of the economy.

Last week, Premier Li Qiang said in his government work report that in the year ahead, China would “move faster to foster a new development model for real estate.”

“We will scale up the building and supply of government-subsidized housing and improve the basic systems for commodity housing to meet people’s essential need for a home to live in and their different demands for better housing,” an English-language version of the report said.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Funny you think there's any connection between the stock market and reality in 2024

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol literally looking at Feb numbers and adjusting their yearly target accordingly

no forward thought, no expected agency

just lies with additional data points

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

JUICE IT, JAY:

actually borrowing money should be free and its weird that its not

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

The Oldest Man posted:

actually borrowing money should be free and its weird that its not

sharia law ftw

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Soon....

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Scarabrae posted:

sharia law ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BBGVisualData/status/1770473522273353942