Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

HopperUK posted:

cumspangler is an amazing name

Friends call me cumspangler, whatever I touch
turns to cum in my clutch
I'm too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Leal posted:

I saw that the Battlefront remaster is bigger than Elden Ring which is hilarious for a game that fit on a PS2 disc

lol how the gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It ran flawlessly on my PC at launch.

same, and I had a pretty terrible PC

Dandywalken posted:

They hosed it up really badly in countless ways and this is still one of the most confusing of them imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cyberpunk 2077 being over 100 gigs was a lol but the one I'll remember forever was my brother balking at the size of Baldur's Gate 3 and calling it an "elf operating system."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my first what the gently caress what are they packing in this thing was max payne 3 being 60 whole gigs. now 60 gigs is the minimum

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 being over 100 gigs was a lol but the one I'll remember forever was my brother balking at the size of Baldur's Gate 3 and calling it an "elf operating system."

Jeffrey of Rivendell...

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

very risky blowjob posted:

\

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lmao. Why did people get upset by these posts?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
the sanctity of the phiz> what are you listening to thread is at STAKE but also i am listening to a bunch of ween too
also didn't engineer from tf2 play a ween song in the meet the

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

HopperUK posted:

cumspangler is an amazing name
Mods?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress video games they have too many graphics

im going back to muds

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Muds?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Ominous Jazz posted:

the sanctity of the phiz> what are you listening to thread is at STAKE but also i am listening to a bunch of ween too

What ween song would engineer from TF2 play?

I'm guessing So Many People In The Neighborhood or If You Could Save Yourself. Both from Quebec..

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Al! posted:

my first what the gently caress what are they packing in this thing was max payne 3 being 60 whole gigs. now 60 gigs is the minimum

one of my friends insisted we co-op RDR2 a few years back and my lovely throttled wifi at the time took like 28 hours to download 110GB

and then we never played it lol

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

a lot of disc space is devoted to DRM. A lot of the rest is cut content because games are often rushed out. I kid you not.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elden ring isnt that big, really

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

CaptainBeefart posted:

What ween song would engineer from TF2 play?

I'm guessing So Many People In The Neighborhood or If You Could Save Yourself. Both from Quebec..

i got wilco and ween confused i'm familiar with neither

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jealous gossipy girls at the nail salon after hearing elden just got engaged to a rich guy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elden ring isnt that big, really

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
if you look at the game discs/isos of ps2 era going forward, you'll see most seem pretty full, using up almost all data on the disc. Wow they sure must have packed a lot in but then if you rip and extract the game data, it's way smaller.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
back in the day to fill up disc space they would put copyright infringing movies or a photograph of a developers bare rear end

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
gabes butthole guy

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
fable had another dragon fight, resource collection, crafting, like 50 unusued outfits, weapons, monsters and regions and, of course, molyneux's dick and balls.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Paper Tiger posted:

Oh, so *someone* gets to gently caress the flag?!

it’s right there in the job description

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Ominous Jazz posted:

better be .flac

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cranappleberry posted:

fable had another dragon fight, resource collection, crafting, like 50 unusued outfits, weapons, monsters and regions and, of course, molyneux's dick and balls.

the dragon was promised at the very beginning and peter molyneux said it would attack towns it was not the original game and only added in the updated re-release as the final boss

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
molyneux was promising skyrim in 2004

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

imagine if instead of fancy graphics you just had a bunch of words

who needs graphics anyway

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Al! posted:

jealous gossipy girls at the nail salon after hearing elden just got engaged to a rich guy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

speaking of dragons in Skyrim, it rules watching a dragon get taken down by a mammoth for no reason at all as happened twice in my last playthrough

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was convinced for a full year due to a video game magazine april fools joke and me being an idiot 8 year old that they had packed all of starcraft into the warcraft 2 battle chest edition and all you had to do was enter the proper cheat code

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NoiseAnnoys posted:

speaking of dragons in Skyrim, it rules watching a dragon get taken down by a mammoth for no reason at all as happened twice in my last playthrough

going outside a dungeon and seeing a mammoth hovering in the air because they're too big and load into the world weird ftw

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Ominous Jazz posted:

i got wilco and ween confused i'm familiar with neither

Understandable

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The creator of SpongeBob SquarePants said he got the idea for the show from listening to The Mollusk

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

rodbeard posted:

The creator of SpongeBob SquarePants said he got the idea for the show from listening to The Mollusk

And you believe everything he says?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he stole the idea from me, actually

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he stole the idea from ren and stimpy pretty obviously

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

symbolic posted:

one of my friends insisted we co-op RDR2 a few years back and my lovely throttled wifi at the time took like 28 hours to download 110GB

and then we never played it lol

max payne 3 was big because of uncompressed textures or something iirc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Al! posted:

now 60 gigs is the minimum

guess agian.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Stux posted:

guess agian.

how is it such an incredible game ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

I got elden ring for ps4 (assumed my potato couldn't run it for whatever reason) and lol that it can't handle the large groups of enemies at all, they all use distant LOD animations up close until thinned out quite a bit

Radia posted:

how is it such an incredible game ..

but also, This ^