Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Dang, we're going to be spending like 100 hours running around with the group going on crazy adventures and dealing with their deep emotional issues and Cloud and Tifa are going to miss all of it. They're going to have so many in-jokes that the other two won't get.

Cid and Barret start referring to each other as "Tango" and "Sundance" and everyone laughs except for Cloud and Tifa. Meanwhile the only in-joke they have is how Cloud goes "buhhh" before noon and "guhhh" after noon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The question is will they keep the Xenogears reference?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

The question is will they keep the Xenogears reference?

Part 3 is also jointly billed as Xenoblade 4.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CottonWolf posted:

Tifa is almost more of an emotional punching bag than Cloud in this version.

and it’s still going to get worse before it gets better :smith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is the time without Cloud and Tifa in the party really that long? Off the top of my head it was fairly brief in the og.

Enough time without them for it to be sorta interesting and fun that Cid's the party leader now but not long enough that it was like actually especially surprising.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is the time without Cloud and Tifa in the party really that long? Off the top of my head it was fairly brief in the og.

Enough time without them for it to be sorta interesting and fun that Cid's the party leader now but not long enough that it was like actually especially surprising.

It's like, two objectives long, it's pretty short.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You did Corel and Condor's huge materia, then went to check on Cloud and Tifa and that's when Lifestream happened. Tifa left basically immediately after you got the Highwind.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

In Remake/Rebirth time that’s like 40 hours

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Augus posted:

In Remake/Rebirth time that’s like 40 hours

I fully expect them to have Tifa hang around for 10 hours, and then you're with Cid for a minimum of 50 hours

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not super long in the original, but they're going to certainly expand the things it covers.

Honestly my big question is if Fort Condor reuses the mechanics from the minigame or does something entirely new.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Mideel is almost definitely going to be its own region.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
If I don't get to see Cid go to space I don't even want a third game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harrow posted:

I've had a crackpot theory since Remake that when Cloud falls into the lifestream he's going to switch places with Zack somehow

Though now that it seems people need a body to inhabit on the other end of a universe jump, maybe not. Zack's body in the prime universe is probably not in, uh, great shape.

Zombie Zack does sound pretty cool though…

EDIT: I would assume his corpse is probably somewhere in Hojo’s lab since Shinra wouldn’t want to leave SOLDIER corpses for anyone to find and potentially research

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 20, 2024

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Borrowing an empty corpse and reshaping it to match your own body is what all the best universe-hopping sorcerers do, I assure you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Zombie Zack does sound pretty cool though…

EDIT: I would assume his corpse is probably somewhere in Hojo’s lab since Shinra wouldn’t want to leave SOLDIER corpses for anyone to find and potentially research

Honestly Hojo probably didn't have time. The period between Zack's death and the start of FF7 is only a couple of weeks. They seem to imply Cloud buried him where he died since that is where Cloud goes back to drop the Buster Sword.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

It depends on how close they keep to the layout and where they end up including Rocket Town and Wutai since that got punted to Part 3.

That said, I honestly expect Cloud to be in the party for the tutorial and then out of the party not long after, by Chapter 3 or 4. If they go wild and pun Icicle Inn and the Snowboarding for later they could very well end the tutorial with the Northern Crater going nuts.

Make Cloud Jr the leader.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm guessing the time without Cloud will probably be something like 3 chapters, maybe 4 counting the chapter where Tifa rescues him. Maybe a third of the game or so?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we get another Intermission style DLC I really hope it’s Vincent(or even Cid) and not Zack

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

there's going to be an intromission DLC and it's just cloud and tifa's highwind scene

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RatHat posted:

If we get another Intermission style DLC I really hope it’s Vincent(or even Cid) and not Zack

Queen's Blood DLC starring Vincent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Queen's Blood DLC starring Vincent.

"I must have vengeance upon Hojo... but first, let me check if this town has an LGS, I want to grab a booster for the new expansion, see if I can get the Bahamut Zero chase rare..."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Of the remaining party members Cid feels like he'd benefit from dlc presence the most because he had lot less to do that Vincent (or Zack if you want to consider him a future party member) but i'm not sure he has the charisma to pull off headlining a dlc.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Well he's gonna have to headline the party at some point, might as well give him a shot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If there is DLC I'm genuinely betting on it being Vincent. They hint at Turk stuff, he's going off by himself, and they can add more QB opponents and it is 100% canonical.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I'm very curious to see what Cid and Vincent's gameplay gimmicks are going to be.

Like, I'd say they'd give Cid some kind of Dragoon ability, but the Jump materia already exists, so I don't know if they'd just give him Jump as something inate, or maybe something pilot related.

And then with Vincent, I'm really excited to see those transformation limit breaks. Give me that high definition Hellmasker and Frankenstein transformations.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Wonder if Part 3 will still have QB or replace it with something completely different like they did Fort Condor. QB's storyline has essentially already concluded so while QB is very fun and they should make an app for it, they should also make a new game that everyone in the world is suddenly into (that also ties into the Genesis plot line, naturally)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'm very curious to see what Cid and Vincent's gameplay gimmicks are going to be.

Like, I'd say they'd give Cid some kind of Dragoon ability, but the Jump materia already exists, so I don't know if they'd just give him Jump as something inate, or maybe something pilot related.

And then with Vincent, I'm really excited to see those transformation limit breaks. Give me that high definition Hellmasker and Frankenstein transformations.

My guess with Vincent is that he's going to function kind of like Red XIII. You build up a meter with his regular attacks and then can spend it to go into one of his forms, each of which fills a specific combat niche. His Limit Breaks will depend on the form he is in, except maybe Chaos which I could see being a Limit Break transformation (ala how Red XIII can get super vengence mode from Howling Moon.)

Cid I expect to have a mechanic where he has a Jump-style mechanic by default on his Triangle but it powers up as he does other stuff. (Boost -> Hyper -> Dragon Dive.) The rest of his kit I think they'll flesh out with mechanist/gadget stuff.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

It's very funny to think about that Queen's Blood is a world wide phenomenon complete with it's own Yu-Gi-Oh backstory full of evil cards and death, and not a single person in Midgar, the biggest metropolis in the world, plays it. It'd be like if in the 90s no one in New York City knew what Pokemon was. Maybe that's what got the stick out of Shinra Middle Manager's rear end, he takes one vacation and discovers the world is full of card games.

Then again, maybe it did exist, but you couldn't play it because Cloud was still too up his rear end in his fake cool guy persona to take up Magic the Gathering.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's very funny to think about that Queen's Blood is a world wide phenomenon complete with it's own Yu-Gi-Oh backstory full of evil cards and death, and not a single person in Midgar, the biggest metropolis in the world, plays it. It'd be like if in the 90s no one in New York City knew what Pokemon was. Maybe that's what got the stick out of Shinra Middle Manager's rear end, he takes one vacation and discovers the world is full of card games.

Then again, maybe it did exist, but you couldn't play it because Cloud was still too up his rear end in his fake cool guy persona to take up Magic the Gathering.

Cloud being up his own rear end tracks because he missed everyone in Sector 7 being irredeemable Fort Condor addicts.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

My guess with Vincent is that he's going to function kind of like Red XIII. You build up a meter with his regular attacks and then can spend it to go into one of his forms, each of which fills a specific combat niche. His Limit Breaks will depend on the form he is in, except maybe Chaos which I could see being a Limit Break transformation (ala how Red XIII can get super vengence mode from Howling Moon.)

Cid I expect to have a mechanic where he has a Jump-style mechanic by default on his Triangle but it powers up as he does other stuff. (Boost -> Hyper -> Dragon Dive.) The rest of his kit I think they'll flesh out with mechanist/gadget stuff.

What if he used his mechanic stuff to set up wards zones. And then these wards zones could buff his spellcasting, normal attacks, etc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What if he used his mechanic stuff to set up wards zones. And then these wards zones could buff his spellcasting, normal attacks, etc

Sadly I think those skills are dead in the water.

At least until Aerith and Zack join you in Chapter 18: Seven Seconds to battle Omniroth.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sadly I think those skills are dead in the water.

At least until Aerith and Zack join you in Chapter 18: Seven Seconds to battle Omniroth.

Is it wrong of me to hope they go for triple techssynergies in the final game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ardryn posted:

Is it wrong of me to hope they go for triple techssynergies in the final game

Honestly that strikes me as an incredibly likely thing to the point I'd be surprised if they don't have it.

If I had to *guess* on new features for Part 3: Triple Techs, allowing your non-party characters to contribute in some way. (They can already do this in Rebirth if you're low on health but it's a pretty rare situation), and the ability to swap leader at will/puzzles that involve who you're controlling.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 21, 2024

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

My guess for Vincent will be that he gets Gallian Beast as a default transformation on Triangle (with some kind of meter), and each level of Limit turns him basically into the equivalent of a summon that you control directly which sticks around for a while then does a big attack when he changes back. ATB would be fancy Dirge of Cerberus sharpshooter moves when untransformed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Given how big the Gallian Beast form was in Rebirth, I was thinking his transformations might still be his limit breaks and still remove your ability to directly control him, something like how summons currently work.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Unleashing the beast but at what cost?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Part 3 should have Vincent and Hojo settle things once and for all with the most dramatic game of queen's blood of all time.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

Calling in ordnance from the Highwind, Helldivers-style.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

ImpAtom posted:

*chuckles* You thought Regina was the only Queen of Queen's Blood? For her region, maybe. And you have overlooked the Emperor of Queen's Blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm envisioning a real cooldown, back to basics type chapter after Cloud goes into crazyland and that's when you get Cid and Vincent activated into full time combat party mode, and there's a little introductory adventure while Cloud is still on ice. Maybe just stick Cid and Vincent together in a pair to go run some errands and we'll get some buddy comedy poo poo.