Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
I don’t know what other dads are doing but when my kids school/daycare calls they always make it clear they tried to reach my wife first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

pushpins posted:

I don’t know what other dads are doing but when my kids school/daycare calls they always make it clear they tried to reach my wife first

yes. my spouse is in a job where she can’t answer the phone. I tell everyone call me first . they never do. I think I even put my number as a primary..

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

In our start up meeting, the daycare person casually mentioned that they will call the mother if something happens, and my wife caught it and asked why it was always the mother. She hadn't really thought about it, but I think she got the message. It's just really ingrained unfortunately. I think we got both the school and daycare to pick a random parent, at least I get some calls.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I think I actually get more than my wife.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
When my son was vomiting two weeks ago, they called me first. Big faith in dad energy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
when we got to playgroup everyone's asking about my kid's mom lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

KirbyKhan posted:

Came home from seeing DUNE 2. Imma call my son my lil Kwizatz Haderach. Holy poo poo, I'm gonna start training my dog again, bring him in so he can get lessons on how to do The Voice.

DUNC2 10/10 DAD MOVIE I LOVE THAT LAURENCE OF ARABIA rear end MOVIE

most compelling review I've seen

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
5yo had her first dentist visit today and she was SO GOOD and I just cannot overstate how glad I am lol

turns out, though, that she had tooth that got chipped in play and it's infected. we had no idea! really sad, but we are getting it fixed. explains a lot of things over the last few months, though. I'm guessing it happened on the playground and she never thought to tell anyone :(

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*daughter stuffs both legs into one underwear hole, stumbles around, falls off the bed* I'm so fancy!!!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

External Organs posted:

*daughter stuffs both legs into one underwear hole, stumbles around, falls off the bed* I'm so fancy!!!

Getting strong fancy Nancy energy here

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

silvergoose posted:

Getting strong fancy Nancy energy here

I had to Google this, we somehow missed this particular Disney show...but, yes.

I bet she'd like it. My daughter has red hair, too.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

External Organs posted:

I had to Google this, we somehow missed this particular Disney show...but, yes.

I bet she'd like it. My daughter has red hair, too.

Oh I didn't know there was a show, I got a few of the books from a library book sale for one of the kiddos.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Does anyone know where I can buy a Wayne's world hat but instead of Wayne's world it says Elmo's world?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A VHS+masking tape

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Had the six month checkup today, and guy cleared to give an 8oz final bottle of the night.
This is three ounces more than her normal, but she's been demanding 7 at this feeding anyways.

So I have her seven and a half and now she's snuggling against me, yawning, :3:

Looks to the Moon
Jun 23, 2017

You are not the only lost soul in this world.

HootTheOwl posted:

So I have her seven and a half and now she's snuggling against me, yawning, :3:

Isn't it the best?? I honestly don't mind being nap trapped, even at 3am, because baby moon won't always need me to fall asleep.

I especially like when she sleepily peers up at me before resuming the snuggles with a prim satisfied smile :3:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i got to see my niece and nephew today. nephew is 7 or 8 and its so crazy how calm and easy to handle he is compared to my 4 year old. good to get a preview of that, at least one day this will all end...

i am really worried about the niece though, she is 2.5 years old and still mostly babbles, only says a few words. she babbles a ton, so it kinda sounds like she's talking and trying to took, but it's all gibberish and nonsense. like that is so far behind where she should be. but they don't have very much money or good health insurance so who knows if a speech therapist is in the cards. sad to see. she does seem to understand things at about the level you'd expect for her age though so that's good to see at least.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It may have been too much because she pooped.
Which would have been fine if I had already put her down but she did it on me so I had no excuse not to change it

Looks to the Moon
Jun 23, 2017

You are not the only lost soul in this world.

HootTheOwl posted:

It may have been too much because she pooped.
Which would have been fine if I had already put her down but she did it on me so I had no excuse not to change it

Oh dear...goondolences.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She was up at 2, 4, and basically the whole night
Now she's just chilling, eating her bottle and we're yawning together.
I'm hoping last night was because of her shots

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kids bedtime story of choice - a pamphlet

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

kecske posted:

The sequel, rare fish diseases, is a wild ride

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

there’s a slow horror dawning on me where previously my assumption that my 1yo is absolutely a perfect little angel might be wrong, and it’s just the fact that she couldn’t articulate her stubbornness and other various provocations until recently.

also, how do you stop a 3 year old from being a total jerk to the one year old. little baby obviously cannot stop herself from smashing toys, interrupting books etc and I’m worried that the one year old will only have negative associations of 3 year old ripping toys out of her hand. I’m hoping the older child will chill out/listen to the often repeated pleas to play nice and share but it’s pretty rough going in the meantime.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's a bit counter intuitive, but like the 1-yo and the 3-yo basically operate under the same umbrella of rules. 3-yo genuinely appreciates it when 1-yo baby gets reprimanded for doing things he gets reprimanded for.

But mostly it's just being able to tell the temperature on a play space and divining that you need to separate the children based off vibes.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

she’s actually done extremely well implementing our plan of ‘tell us if baby is bothering you and we’ll fix it’ (as opposed to shrieking, pushing, hitting) but we’ve got to start making bigger inroads towards playing together dammit.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

meanolmrcloud posted:

she’s actually done extremely well implementing our plan of ‘tell us if baby is bothering you and we’ll fix it’ (as opposed to shrieking, pushing, hitting) but we’ve got to start making bigger inroads towards playing together dammit.

Our kids didn't start playing together until our youngest was 2 and a half.

They're still at each other's throats multiple times a day

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

My six year old tries to reason with the 1½ year old. It doesn't really work, but also no one gets hurt (you can't tell from the very loud cries, but that's because the youngest is an rear end in a top hat). They can do some basic play together, mostly rolling around on a mattress or playing catch.

In other news, the 1½ finally decided that he can walk. And because he's waited months between learning and deciding, he has moved straight to walking around on the couch.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the first few months of walking have some of the most loving harrowing injuries

one time our daughter fell and hit the edge of the couch with her forehead when she was getting started and the loving bump that developed made me question if man was meant to see such horrors. call to the doctor, put an ice pack on it and she was good to go in like 5 minutes, but god drat

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

meanolmrcloud posted:

also, how do you stop a 3 year old from being a total jerk to the one year old. little baby obviously cannot stop herself from smashing toys, interrupting books etc and I’m worried that the one year old will only have negative associations of 3 year old ripping toys out of her hand. I’m hoping the older child will chill out/listen to the often repeated pleas to play nice and share but it’s pretty rough going in the meantime.

I've been told a 1-2 year age difference is tough at a younger age because both often want the same types of things and that leads to conflict.

As to how to get your kids to like each other, IMO the best way is to pit them together against yourself.

Nocturtle has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Mar 20, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

We have a whole basket of toys to play with and the twins will fight over one. Even if it's something we have two of.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

sonatinas posted:

yes. my spouse is in a job where she can’t answer the phone. I tell everyone call me first . they never do. I think I even put my number as a primary..

yeah we stopped giving people her number

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

kecske posted:

dying at this for some reason lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I discovered my daughter loves "we will rock you" by Queen. She says they listen to it at daycare(???) She likes the "mud on the face" line, and she plays air guitar with the solo. I am extremely proud.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Based on my child's loving hopping birthday party calendar this month I conclude that June is the month that everyone really gets down to fuckin' in these modern times.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Based on my child's loving hopping birthday party calendar this month I conclude that June is the month that everyone really gets down to fuckin' in these modern times.

"You may have noticed that I’ve skipped a season. That’s because summer is not a time for romance. I know this statement is bound to stir up controversy. “But Smoove,” people will say, “summer is very sexy. The women wear skimpy outfits, the heat drives them wild, and all of them want to sex you.”

For this very reason, summer is not about seduction. It is about busting a nut. That is all Smoove will say on this matter.*"

https://www.theonion.com/the-four-seasons-of-smoove-1819584711

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Benagain posted:

"You may have noticed that I’ve skipped a season. That’s because summer is not a time for romance. I know this statement is bound to stir up controversy. “But Smoove,” people will say, “summer is very sexy. The women wear skimpy outfits, the heat drives them wild, and all of them want to sex you.”

For this very reason, summer is not about seduction. It is about busting a nut. That is all Smoove will say on this matter.*"

https://www.theonion.com/the-four-seasons-of-smoove-1819584711

I read this as JB Smoove

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Marriages, and anniversaries, happen in June

Both our births happened around new years :shrug:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
14 November is always a fun birthday to point out to people

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
we've all been sick roughly 25 days out of the last 30, I'm losing my goddamn mind!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

welcome