Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

This dude has not updated his hardware in twenty years and I respect that

i got a cheapass 3060 ti after bitcoin and eth ate poo poo a year and change ago so i'm ready to dog some drags at >30 FPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vermain posted:

i got a cheapass 3060 ti after bitcoin and eth ate poo poo a year and change ago so i'm ready to dog some drags at >30 FPS

Hope you upgraded your cpu too otherwise... :smith:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
think i might do goku as my main and his pawn, vegeta

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hope you upgraded your cpu too otherwise... :smith:

oh yeah, i got the full package on a big boxing day spree, i'd just been waiting for the point where the chip shortage was over and people were cashing out of crypto mining before i tried putting a new rig together

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wish I could play my DD1 arisen but sadly they removed short sliders. Might be able to mod them back in, though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DD2 already the best-selling game on Steam

:itshappening:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I bought it off a key shop not knowing that they wouldn't give me the key until release day.

I want to see it sitting ready in my library dammit!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Guess I can't make my arisen from DD1 but I guess I could just make an adult version. In DD1 it was hilarious to play a child so I can just play the same Arisen but later. No idea what I named it though, gotta download the game again and find out, I don't even remember if I COULD name my arisen in DD1.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
unrelated this appears to be my first screenshot from the first game according to steam

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mama mia.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Might be coming to GeForce now and if it does only then will I play it!!!

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Thumbtacks posted:

unrelated this appears to be my first screenshot from the first game according to steam

:lol:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

just realized i hosed up and made a male hero. I ain't lookin at manass for forty hours

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
yeah but if you make a male arisen you can name him John Dogma

also, only 40?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Thumbtacks posted:

I love this

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Has there been any word on whether they've decoupled stats from sliders this time?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

Guess I can't make my arisen from DD1 but I guess I could just make an adult version. In DD1 it was hilarious to play a child so I can just play the same Arisen but later. No idea what I named it though, gotta download the game again and find out, I don't even remember if I COULD name my arisen in DD1.

they grew up obviously

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/JurassicRabbit/status/1770587660022841432?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

!!!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

Sick

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb19d08Lnec

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQW0li02n2Q&t=68s

So this video has some kind of confusing information about stats. The information we've been repeating is that when you change your vocation it just sets your stats to some arbitrary value based on your level, so level however you want.

The video is saying that your stats actually do increase based on the class you're in when you level up, but that changing vocation will set them to certain minimums to keep you from screwing yourself too much.

Have any of the other videos today touched on how the stats work?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/i/status/1770499566334332956

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

they've got the two perfect hairstyles for it, that's for sure

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Maybe this time I'll really try to do that cool partner skill where the fighter (I think) tosses someone into the air

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm making some assumptions about game mechanics but Warfarer will be the best class because it can probably equip any armor item in the game, maximising fashion possibilities.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

I'm making some assumptions about game mechanics but Warfarer will be the best class because it can probably equip any armor item in the game, maximising fashion possibilities.

gently caress you're right

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrO2ZHQ3mM

IGN performance review for those curious. consoles look hidebound to 30-ish FPS, whereas PC's able to push up to 50-60 and has both DLSS and FSR options

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Pwnstar posted:

Oh god dammit you're right.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Gyoru posted:

The RPGSite review also says Steam Deck hopefuls should embrace death

all those teeth calculations

Guess Deck can't stream games anymore. You hate to see it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I just saw a post on the subreddit suggesting that once the game comes out, someone needs to make a list of inconsequential NPCs to permanently kill in order to free up CPU usage and boost FPS, and it is actually gaining a little bit of traction

This game is going to be absolutely amazing in the most hilarious way possible

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPrO2ZHQ3mM

IGN performance review for those curious. consoles look hidebound to 30-ish FPS, whereas PC's able to push up to 50-60 and has both DLSS and FSR options

I just honestly don't see how the visuals are significantly better than Elden Ring or the Harry Potter game, or Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'd even say this game doesn't look much better than even the witcher 3.

I'm still excited for it but just sucks how we're essentially being forced into upgrading to a new console/new hardware again when no noticeable visual improvements have been made.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kefa posted:

I just honestly don't see how the visuals are significantly better than Elden Ring or the Harry Potter game, or Horizon Zero Dawn.

I'm still excited for it but just sucks how we're essentially being forced into upgrading to a new console/new hardware again when no noticeable visual improvements have been made.

considering that the issue appears to be primarily CPU related, my guess would be that it's solely due to them cramming a ton of dynamism into the world with NPCs/physics/etc. that eats up a tremendous amount of cycles. might just be something the RE engine is bad at handling, but that's a question well outside my pay grade

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's a CPU bound game, it's not running poorly because of unoptimized visuals. It's that the simulation is very detailed and/or badly optimized

https://www.ign.com/articles/capcom-is-aware-of-dragons-dogma-2-frame-rate-issues-on-pc-looking-into-fixes

quote:

"In Dragon's Dogma 2, a large amount of CPU usage is allocated to each character and dynamically calculates the impact of their physical presence in various environments. In certain situations where numerous characters appear simultaneously, the CPU usage can be very high and may affect the frame rate," a Capcom representative told IGN. "We are aware that in such situations, settings that reduce GPU load may currently have a limited effect; however, we are looking into ways to improve performance in the future."

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Too many teeth

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kefa posted:

yeah, when I saw how returnal, demon's souls remake and ghost of tshusmina looked while running at a smooth 60 all the time, I thought we were in the clear for major release performance on ps5. this is wild.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MechaX posted:

I just saw a post on the subreddit suggesting that once the game comes out, someone needs to make a list of inconsequential NPCs to permanently kill in order to free up CPU usage and boost FPS, and it is actually gaining a little bit of traction

This game is going to be absolutely amazing in the most hilarious way possible

Keep:
Fournival
Jester

Kill:
Everyone else

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
At this point I'd actually rather effort/computation go towards non-visual stuff. Far less diminishing returns there than eking out a slightly softer shadow at the expense of 10% of performance.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Keep:
Fournival
Jester

Kill:
Everyone else

Keep the guy who says 'Masterworks all, can't go wrong', I think it was Caxton or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Volte posted:

At this point I'd actually rather effort/computation go towards non-visual stuff. Far less diminishing returns there than eking out a slightly softer shadow at the expense of 10% of performance.

Look at the outrage that's happening over this game and you'll see why they don't do that.