Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

parthenocarpy posted:

So in what way is Elon going to let people play video games in their mind with Neuralink? It isn't gonna happen because it cannot, yet Elon has no trouble reply guying "Coming soon" to stupid loving Neuralink memes. Who funds this stupid poo poo?

The base technology behind Neuralink is actual useful and deserves funding, but it's uses it just for people with disabilities such as Paraplegia. The people working on this type of research never talk about using it just to play games with your mind, that's just musk being a dumb poo poo and not having any idea about stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

...! posted:

Because a guy actually posted a shitload of proof that it almost certainly is sometimes him.

Read before you post

For anyone in this thread it's hearsay unless you actually post the reddit post yourself. For what it's worth even taking your own description of it at face value you, your post absolutely did not read like "proof that it is almost certainly sometimes him."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

dr_rat posted:

The base technology behind Neuralink is actual useful and deserves funding, but it's uses it just for people with disabilities such as Paraplegia. The people working on this type of research never talk about using it just to play games with your mind, that's just musk being a dumb poo poo and not having any idea about stuff.

yeah like, people with locked in syndrome are experiencing profoundly improved quality of life with this poo poo, and indeed, iirc the first human neuralink volunteer was somewhere in the xplegic space and it's good the tech is, uh, comparably successful to competitors

Musk is a dumbass and neuralink isn't exactly the first company to have success here but in itself it's legit important medical research and, hell, might have able bodied consumer implications eventually

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kazil posted:

You saying a guy on another site posted proof and then not even linking to it isn't proof

Oh did they not post the actual link? That explains this, it's here https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughMuskSpam/comments/16i4s5d/using_investigative_journalism_to_answer_the/

It seems very likely that this simp is a Musk employee, albeit one that works from home, presumably where his parents frequently come across him and cry about how they raised their terrible son.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tesseraction posted:

Oh did they not post the actual link? That explains this, it's here https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughMuskSpam/comments/16i4s5d/using_investigative_journalism_to_answer_the/

It seems very likely that this simp is a Musk employee, albeit one that works from home, presumably where his parents frequently come across him and cry about how they raised their terrible son.

I agree that Doge is an employee or Musk is feeding him info, but I remain unconvinced that Musk uses the account as an alt.

Figma balls.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh I agree; I don't think Musk uses the account as an alt, I don't see him needing to. DogeDesigner would literally post anything Musk tells him to. His bad posting is innate.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Musk is actually Doge's alt

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Musk is actually Doge's alt

Can you say this, but cogent?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

...! posted:

We already know who the guy is and it's not Elon. But he almost certainly hands off the account to him sometimes. He's an employee

Doing what though? Being Elon's pilot fish?

Dude posts like it's his job.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL even Marques can't stay positive about this shitbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcioIka_ByE

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
again the only reason musk is pushing his poo poo link because he had a moment of (ket) locked-in syndrome and it scared him to his soul atoms.

he had a le epic me me and could not post.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Doctor Butts posted:

Did you never see Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, where the main character hires someone shorter than him so that he looks taller in photos?
Musk absolutely pays freaks to simp for him. We've already seen this because he paid one of his simps to provide him with CSAM.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Another date last night. This one was certainly a huge SpaceX fan but also really was into Robert F Kennedy Jr. Wtf?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

No. 6 posted:

Another date last night. This one was certainly a huge SpaceX fan but also really was into Robert F Kennedy Jr. Wtf?

:sever:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

No. 6 posted:

Robert “yes I know all the pedophiles” Kennedy.

The only difference between him and Elon are the kind of grift they are practicing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

No. 6 posted:

Average American

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

Motor Trend is still doing puff pieces, they just did a long-term test against an EV F150 and a Rivian and the Cybertruk came second. They were like "You can't see out of it and the tires get caked with mud instantly so it's useless off-road, but it sure is coooooollll 🏆🏆"

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-tesla-cybertruck-vs-rivian-r1t-vs-ford-f-150-lightning-comparison-test-review/

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Saltpowered posted:

Robert “yes I know all the pedophiles” Kennedy.

The only difference between him and Elon are the kind of grift they are practicing.

Impossible to listen to either of them speaking

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

No. 6 posted:

Get the gently caress out of Portmeirion and watch for large white ball thingies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

No. 6 posted:

How'd they feel about Aaron Rodgers as his running mate?

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

mobby_6kl posted:

Elon's new Neuralink-Tesla collab

PRAY

FOR

MOJO

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

LifeSunDeath posted:

Rust on the hub like that isnt a biggie but that hub bolt is a lot smaller than I have ever seen and it has no lock tab so it could potentailly come loose and unwind, which in that case you got a wheel departing unexpectedly.

That's not optimal

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lmao dane cook

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dane Cook needs money to buy gifts for his 18 year old girlfriend.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is his girlfriend at St. Judes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

...! posted:

a guy on reddit made a huge effortpost proving that dogedesigner is for all intents and purposes one of elon's employees and that he might actually even sometimes give elon access to the account itself. considering how often elon makes the same "hilarious" jokes over and over, this is almost certainly him personally tweeting on the account

Y'all are underestimating how insane cultists can get, especially ones that aren't being paid

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

...which in that case you got a wheel departing unexpectedly.

That's not optimal

Hey, if planes can fly on one engine, cars can drive on one wheel. Exact same principle.

Those extra wheels are just there for aesthetics. Ye olden days car owners just wanted people to stop mocking them for driving motorised unicycles.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love in the Stepbrothers movie just to hammer home what a shithead Will Ferrel's brother (played perfectly by Adam Scott) was he announced they had to get home in time to catch Dane Cook on the PPV lmao

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

kazil posted:

lmao dane cook

lit-erally on the same page

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Data Graham posted:

the Cybertruk came second. They were like "You can't see out of it and the tires get caked with mud instantly so it's useless off-road, but it sure is coooooollll 🏆🏆"

Something I hate in the motor world is publications fawning over "disruptive" designs that are generally huge shitboxes with massive flaws but by God did they try something different!!

Like I get it, we love our Delorians and Trabants and Sinclair C5s and Reliant Robins but they stand out in retrospect rather than being considered serious contenders to other things on the market.

The Cybertruck is a gimmick, a toy, a meme and to even seriously suggest it as a competitor to better made and more practical EVs out there is just profoundly stupid. No person seriously considering a new truck is going to want a Cybertruck for anything other than the initial clout it'll give them for being different. From an outsider perspective it'll be considered a Wow Wacky Truck and then everyone will get over the initial surprise and quickly get tired of Weird Uncle And His Rust Triangle.

It's like, do you really see the Cybertruck taking over the roads? A million variants of them? Smartcars managed it while still being a laughing stock to most people because it filled a niche of being a small convenient travel pod for dense urban environments. To get a Cybertruck line to be considered part of the everyday commute it'll have to be redesigned, squashed, shrunk and altered until it looks like every other vehicle on the road and is made out of actual sane materials, which when looking at some of the proposed actually-not-terrible initial designs of the vehicle is clearly not something Elon will allow. It is a dumb hubris trophy and should be considered as much.

Car nerd publications really can't help themselves though. I get it, trend chasing and all, I just wish they'd be serious.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

thats a shame

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

It's ok folks. The monkey in that neuralink gif is terminally ill.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

No. 6 posted:

Advanced childfree strat

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

catturd ran over his dog

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

catturd ran over his dog

I thought this was a joke but jesus what the hell

https://x.com/catturd2/status/1770522480332923259?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A tragic accident which could've been averted by using the Cybertruck, which does not require fuel

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Tragic that this is such a long post

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
He's getting good engagement on this dead dog post.
I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was the surviving dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dog was probably a liberal