Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ninurta posted:

He was the jumbo toilet guy, right?

The greatest inventor to ever live, you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
there are just so many famous people, it's bizarre that they can only get celebs from like 70s sitcoms. the one time they got someone from 2010s TV, he became their god.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 21, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-donald-trumps-properties-letitia-james-about-take-1881265

quote:

Newsweek reviewed a document from the attorney general's office that lists properties owned by Trump that had "fraudulent" and "misleading" values and could end up seized:
- Trump Park Avenue, New York, N.Y.
- Trump Tower, New York, N.Y.
- 40 Wall Street, New York, N.Y.
- Seven Springs, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mar-a-Lago, Palm Beach, Florida
- Trump National Golf Club Westchester, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
- Trump National Golf Club Charlotte, Mooresville, North Carolina
- Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck, Colts Neck, New Jersey
- Trump National Golf Club, Washington, D.C., Sterling, Virginia
- Trump National Golf Club Hudson Valley, Hopewell Junction, N.Y.
- Trump National Golf Club Jupiter, Jupiter, Florida
- Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, Pine Hill, New Jersey
- Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Aberdeen)
- Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Turnberry)

Wonder if all of that adds up to half a billy :munch:

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

If Trump takes this advice, we will see the first white politician to publicly apply blackface in the last 50 years.

im a couple dozen pages behind, but you should probably specify american. up here in canada ...

and we have even worse options

Dr. Thoss fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 21, 2024

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If the IRS is asking: no.

If the creditors are asking: more like eleventy billion so give me another loan

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
drat, a US state AG has the power to seize assets in Scotland? :stare:

I mean she absolutely should if she can but I wouldn't have expected that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I was thinking the same thing, but I imagine two things will devalue all of those: the mortgages taken out on each other, and the state Trump has left them in because he's a grotesque pig who cut corners and not paid staff for proper upkeep.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

post itt every time you lol that "TRUMP" is poor! :sad:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Storm has always been the strongest X-Man

Well, save the times Magneto or Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force has been on the team. But she's definitely the strongest on the X-Men 92/97 cartoon team.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I only know that name from a 30 year old Simpsons bit, and even back then I have a feeling it was an obscure reference.

IIRC, it had to do with how Saturday Night Live went really well for the first five years, made stars out of most of the cast, then after 1980 everyone had moved on so they brought in a new showrunner and a whole new cast and it crashed and burned and it looked like the show was on its way out, but it held on long enough to do some restructuring and brought in some new cast members. The two that made an impact, one was Joe Piscopo and everyone thought he and the other guy that broke out would follow in the footsteps of Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, and Bill Murray (and John Belushi had he not killed himself with drugs).

The other guy was Eddie Murphy. I always felt the Joe Piscopo jokes were riffing on how badly he fell short compared to Murphy.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 21, 2024

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm sure the Scots would absolutely RELISH the chance to help make sure Trump goes against the wall if its legally possible. They fuckin' hate Trump.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

If the asset is owned by a national, it being in another nation means nothing- as you just have nationalize the ownership domestically, and then have relevant lawyers communicate the change. That is, so long as person A is within a certain nation state, that nation state can do whatever they want to their assets anywhere with the risk of imprisonment for blocking it.

Said national would have to leave the country to avoid this.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Joe Paterno was 85 years old and still head coaching a major college football team, dealing with all the stress and work of that wasn't seeming to do much to him at all.

Then all those allegations of awful pedo enabling came to light and he was forced out. 2.5 months later he died.

Of cancer. He learned he had cancer, the Sandusky scandal began, he got hospitalized, and then died. Sandusky still around.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I only know Joe Piscopo from that time he tried to teach Data how to do standup.

Wait, he was meant to be a good comedian there?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Cornwind Evil posted:

Well, save the times Magneto or Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force has been on the team. But she's definitely the strongest on the X-Men 92/97 cartoon team.

IIRC, it had to do with how Saturday Night Live went really well for the first five years, made stars out of most of the cast, then after 1980 everyone had moved on so they brought in a new showrunner and a whole new cast and it crashed and burned and it looked like the show was on its way out, but it held on long enough to do some restructuring and brought in some new cast members. The two that made an impact, one was Joe Piscopo and everyone thought he and the other guy that broke out would follow in the footsteps of Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, and Bill Murray (and John Belushi had he not killed himself with drugs).

The other guy was Eddie Murphy. I always felt the Joe Piscopo jokes were riffing on how badly he fell short compared to Murphy.

Oh! I know him now, he plays Sinatra in the Ebony and Ivory sketch with Eddie Murphy. Probably the only SNL stuff from that era I know is from a Eddie Murphy's best of SNL video.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Randabis posted:

I say gently caress it, we have plenty of room for all these illegals in Texas between agricultural, commercial, and service industries that will help us all as a country grow and expand…

Oops wouldn’t want rich white oil and land owners to stop exploiting their environment and citizens in the name of LOW INFLATION and lack of reproductive rights like I am a grand magus of the Ferengi.

The Nagus allowed reform by the end of DS9

the GOP are actually worse than the Ferengi

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

which Ferengi is Mike Johnson

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

MrQwerty posted:

Brunt

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Brunt

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Of course it's loving Jeff Combs

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

MrQwerty posted:

at the rate things are going, you can probably just pick anyone who got stuck in the Vault of Eternal Destitution

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Every few months I lol about “Tim Apple”

I've changed my mind, this is number two after the eclipse stare. Absolutely phenomenal, lmao.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tim Apple was really top-tier "TRUMP"

wit
Jul 26, 2011

MrQwerty posted:

post itt every time you lol that "TRUMP" is poor! :sad:

Don't know if this has been lolled at in here.
https://www.economist.com/united-states/2024/03/20/donald-trump-joins-the-meme-stock-frenzy
If you can't read it just disable javascript in your browser and it lets you read and listen to all economist articles. But basically he's going for a good ol meme stock fuckabout, so will be paper billionaire and cash poor til at least next year when he rugpulls the maga electorate.

quote:

As for DJT, economic reality should sink in eventually. If and when Mr Trump liquidates his holdings the share price will drop. Since the beginning of 2019 nine out of ten SPACs have lost value after combining with their target company, notes Michael Klausner of Stanford Law School. On average the share prices of post-merger SPACs have declined by 60%. Target companies got a good deal in these mergers while SPAC shareholders who stuck through the listing—mostly unsophisticated retail investors—took a bath.

The DJT crowd hears the critics; it just thinks they are wrong. Back in 2022, when the SEC was investigating the deal, Mr Nedohin, the Rumble hype-man, insisted that Trump Media was not a Ponzi scheme. “This is different,” he assured his excitable followers. “We are helping promote a company that has the potential to be a trillion dollars easily…It will be paying out!”

Its funny because he will try to brag about his hypothetical wealth while unable to pay actual money down for his case about inventing bullshit wealth. Still at the very least it will hopefully ruin maga memelords.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

the idea of trump having to do wildly fucky things with money and promises to falsify enough bullshit to get a bond, to cover the penalty for doing the exact same thing for loans, creating an ouroboros of fraud, is very funny.

it's funny because everyone who gives this man a cent is going to lose two.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Small Strange Bird posted:

I only know Joe Piscopo from that time he tried to teach Data how to do standup.

Wait, he was meant to be a good comedian there?

I was gonna post this

Data spent that episode doing the Trump accordion hands

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh my lord if they actually do take Mar-a-Lago

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Maybe it does if mars is only worth 19 million it might end up on the block

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

This poo poo has GOT TO BE exhausting, doesn't it? Just grift, grift, grift from sunup to sundown with every breath of your waking existence. I don't know how they keep it up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mar a lardo should be seized and turned into a sealed Superfund site.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Oh my lord if they actually do take Mar-a-Lago

You think the new owner will exhume the buried corpse of his first wife?

Edit: oh wait she was dumped somewhere else

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

This poo poo has GOT TO BE exhausting, doesn't it? Just grift, grift, grift from sunup to sundown with every breath of your waking existence. I don't know how they keep it up.

Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Icept posted:

And sadly Bedminster isn't on the repo properties list - even the heartless RIGGED NY monsters aren't going after sacred burial grounds apparently

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Failed Imagineer posted:

And sadly Bedminster isn't on the repo properties list - even the heartless RIGGED NY monsters aren't going after sacred burial grounds apparently

Lmao the trumps will have to live in a tent city in a halfassed graveyard

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Late but just want to say Kyle Rittenhouse is a stupid bitch because loads of people would pay good money to get yelled at and spit on by a big titty goth girl.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I think about this a lot

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seize all his golf courses.

Then find out how good he actually is at golf when he can't rig his own tournaments.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Wifi Toilet posted:

THE Joe Piscopo?

Oh, guess he hopped on the chud train after his career died.

he became an AM radio host, on a station that also has gorka, prager, and charlie kirk

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Icept posted:

There's bound to be a few corpses buried there somewhere.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Three Olives posted:

One of the funniest outcomes of the NY case just occurred to me, Trump's entire argument has been "Nobody has been harmed, no victims, happy banks!". If Trump is over-leveraged and the NY judgement enforcement pushes him towards insolvent or even hints at insolvent, there are going to be a lot of unhappy banks filling a lot of lawsuits about fraud hoping to get ahead in the line of the Trump liquidation.

His lenders and vendors are almost certainly prepping for this, it NY starts collecting there are going to be a lot of lawsuits citing fraud.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that but it does seem possible since the banks would have a new assessment of the properties. Depends on the terms of the loan, I suppose, and whether they can argue that the valuation today could be evidence of fraud at the time of loan issuance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Joe Piscopo and his comedy musings have millions of followers the world round. They call themselves Joepiscopalians