Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I turned Sam hella gay, and if you don't lay off I'll do it to you next *waves fingers witchly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Shanghaied posted:

"Hi guys, me and buddies landed at Normandy and retook France from the Nazis. AITA?"

Modern reddit: yta they were just expressing their free speech and right to bear arms. Violence wasn't the answer, rear end in a top hat

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Midnight Voyager posted:

wait, Mucus? Was he a Dr Sebi guy? That makes so much sense, unlike Dr Sebi.

Steve Jobs followed the Mucusless Diet Healing System by Arnold Ehret, a German quack. It first came out in 1924.

wiki posted:

Ehret held a number of non-scientific beliefs that were documented by Butler and Rayner, such as:[5]

White blood cells are decayed mucus in the blood that cause disease.
Lungs pump blood through the body; the heart is merely a valve.
Mental illness is the result of gas pressure on the brain from mucus decay.
Fasting can cure insanity.
Consuming rice causes leprosy.
Dandruff is dried mucus.
A mucus-free body never sweats.
Nocturnal emissions expel mucus, but cease on a mucusless diet.
Gonorrhoea is caused by eating mucus foods.
A clean-blooded body sends electromagnetic radiation through the hair, which is important in sexual attraction.
Hairless persons are sexually inferior.
The white race is unnatural. The white skin colour is the result of mucus-laden white blood corpuscles clogging the system.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shanghaied posted:

Why would you post it to AITA though? She couldn't have turned her cousin gay. She obviously doesn't think she did. Her relatives are all homophobes. In what world, other than in some bigot's deluded mind, are you the rear end in a top hat? At that point you're just humble-bragging about a cool thing you did on AITA for upvotes.

"Hi guys, me and buddies landed at Normandy and retook France from the Nazis. AITA?"

It seems to me the guilt comes from keeping up the con so long it has caused actual family rifts; even if we on the outside can objectively see that it was the best and safest way to go about things, those closer to the situation might be blinded by their upbringing and family circumstances. There's a reason therapists exist, after all.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

CommissarMega posted:

There's a reason therapists exist, after all.

It's certainly not to release the gas building up from my decaying mucus, however often I insist that's the problem.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

axolotl farmer posted:

quote:

Mucus makes you gay

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA for telling my husband that if he pays me my hourly rate I will do more housework.

quote:

I am a Steamfitter. But I've been at it for a while and I'm in supervision. With bonuses and incentives but not counting benefits I earn over $100 an hour.

I also work out of town. I started doing that once the kids were old enough to take care of themselves with their dad at home. So when my youngest was in middle school and the oldest was a junior in high school.

It is great. Our retirement savings are piling up and we have been able to splurge on the kids. And ourselves.

My husband is upset however because I decided to pay for a cleaning lady. He and I discussed it and we agreed that him and the kids didn't do a great job keeping the house clean and tidy while I was away. I hated coming home to a mess. It caused a few fights because it was like they expected me to come home and clean up after them.

Having her is fantastic. I come home to a clean house and I am happier. My kids have more time to study and do extracurriculars. They still have chores and they are still expected to clean up after themselves.

My husband came to me last time I was home and said we should cut back on the service when I'm home. That I should be doing more housework. He thinks that we are wasting money. I said that I work 14 days in a row and that those are 13 hour days. Yes it is mostly paperwork but his job as a teacher isn't much more physically challenging. I said that I could offer him two options. If he wanted we could completely get rid of the service and him and the kids could make sure the house was in good shape when I got home. Or he could pay me my hourly rate to do extra housework when I am on my days off.

He is upset with me and sys that I'm being financially manipulative. I think if he and the kids actually did what they are supposed to do when I'm away bone of this would be an issue.

This motherfucker's partner makes five times what I make and he has the nerve to demand they clean up after him instead of paying a cleaner?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shanghaied posted:

Why would you post it to AITA though? She couldn't have turned her cousin gay. She obviously doesn't think she did. Her relatives are all homophobes. In what world, other than in some bigot's deluded mind, are you the rear end in a top hat? At that point you're just humble-bragging about a cool thing you did on AITA for upvotes.

It's this in most cases hth

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for telling my husband that if he pays me my hourly rate I will do more housework.

This motherfucker's partner makes five times what I make and he has the nerve to demand they clean up after him instead of paying a cleaner?

:sever: his arteries

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

AceClown posted:

AITA for ruining at a family dinner because of my “golden child” sister?

I was reading this one earlier and the reddit comments made me feel like I was taking crazy pills. So many of them were saying that if she wanted her parents attention she should do something to earn it.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

A parent’s love is earned. To give it away freely cheapens it.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Shanghaied posted:

Most AITA are just creative writing exercises for upvotes. Notice how the vast majority of stories are written in such a way that no one would ever conclude OP is (Y)TA. If you want to read the real ones, typically look for the stories where most people are voting OP TA, because those are the people dumb enough to post real life situations and think people online will support them.

There are occasionally exceptions where redditors reddit and declare someone (Y)TA who really isn't based on some warped ideas, but normally, the above holds true.

MajorBonnet posted:

I was reading this one earlier and the reddit comments made me feel like I was taking crazy pills. So many of them were saying that if she wanted her parents attention she should do something to earn it.

As a parent even though one of my kids is already in school and doing lots of things and the other one is still in daycare, we still try to find things to praise about both of them so the younger doesn't feel ignored. Still, there's more things the older one is doing we want to encourage. I didn't get the feeling the parents were ignoring the older kid here, just that the younger kid is making a lot more of themselves and that makes the parents happy. If I had two teenagers, one who sits at home all day and the other who goes and excels in a lot of things, I'd make sure they both know they're loved and appreciated, but I'm not going to praise sitting at home at the same level as a kid training and succeeding in sports or other extracurriculars. Not sure if that makes sense.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 21, 2024

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

From an otherwise boring Telegraph article:

quote:

Indeed. I know one couple where the wife -- let's call her Amanda -- has "shut up shop". She told her husband of 35 years to gather ye rosebuds elsewhere, so long as he doesn't hit on her friends, and she doesn't know about it or hear about it. However, he was too idle and incompetent and was so used to her taking care of business that he kept asking her to do that too, ie organise own his extra-marital affair. Finally he asked her to please ask Minty (not her real name) if Minty might be up for doing the honours. "Minty? Are you serious?" Amanda protested. Minty had been her very best friend since school, as she gently pointed out.

I can't decide whether "hey honey ask your bestie if she's up for discreetly loving me" is an insane power move or a truly fabulous level of incompetence.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

axolotl farmer posted:

Steve Jobs followed the Mucusless Diet Healing System by Arnold Ehret, a German quack. It first came out in 1924.

Oh, poo poo, is that how Yakub pulled it off?

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

quote:

I've never told her how I spent that summer before this. The thing that she focused on was that back when I was pretending that Sam's bf was my bf. He was 19 and I was 15.

My mom lost it when she found out that my aunt was actually okay with me dating someone that was way older than me when I was 15. And my aunt didn't even bother to call and tell her that.

I like Mom here. She doesn't care that daughter is gay, or was scamming relatives to sleep with her GF, she just cares that the cover story had an age issue and Aunt kept it a secret from Mom.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The sisters story feels like a riff on Daria.

axolotl farmer posted:

I read that as the Merciless Diet Healing System.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I like Mom here. She doesn't care that daughter is gay, or was scamming relatives to sleep with her GF, she just cares that the cover story had an age issue and Aunt kept it a secret from Mom.

And that's some decent priorities, because that's, y'know, actually a problematic aspect to a relationship. Because of course bigots will put up with all kinds of gross, awful and abusive poo poo as long as it's within the accepted labels.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't post 'obvious' AITA posts that often, but sometimes it's because they're just funny enough. It's like the occasional Pete posts; yeah it's super obvious, but they're a good dopamine hit.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

deoju posted:

WTF is a "child support company?" Some agency that manages payments? I've never heard of such a thing. Seems ripe as gently caress for scummy exploitation.

Yes. Indiana outsources TANF and UI payments as well, but I've never received child support, so I can't say for certain how it works on that end. And it is indeed ripe for scummy exploitation. For UI, you must go to one branch to check your balance or withdraw money, and each of those have low-level fees associated with it. You're told you can pay things directly with your card, but it never works. You cannot call the bank with questions (including checking your balance) and simply refer to the 800 number printed on the back of your card. And if you have an uneven balance or change in your account, sucks to be you. After the last deposit, you have a limited amount of time to get your money out of the bank or they'll take the $1.35 left as a service fee.

Don't go to Indiana. It sucks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm a couple pages behind but why would you want to film I-20, it's the loving worst
Yeah, there's a decent view from the top of one hill, the rest is warehouses and suburban hell.

MAYBE going along I-30 through downtown would be interesting, but that person is totally going to have a meltdown in the hell traffic of I-30.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, there's a decent view from the top of one hill, the rest is warehouses and suburban hell.

MAYBE going along I-30 through downtown would be interesting, but that person is totally going to have a meltdown in the hell traffic of I-30.

In one of the posts they mention being a YouTube streamer so it's 100% "content creation" and it's no surprise no one wants to be the driver.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I read that as the Merciless Diet Healing System.

I read muscleless, which is certainly how ol' Steve looked at the end.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shanghaied posted:

yeah! people can’t just COME IN HERE to the internet and post things that are humblebgraggy or maybe not 100% true. i am pretty sure it’s illegal to post in AITA if you don’t actually think you are the rear end in a top hat.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

deoju posted:

WTF is a "child support company?" Some agency that manages payments? I've never heard of such a thing. Seems ripe as gently caress for scummy exploitation.

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Yes. Indiana outsources TANF and UI payments as well, but I've never received child support, so I can't say for certain how it works on that end. And it is indeed ripe for scummy exploitation. For UI, you must go to one branch to check your balance or withdraw money, and each of those have low-level fees associated with it. You're told you can pay things directly with your card, but it never works. You cannot call the bank with questions (including checking your balance) and simply refer to the 800 number printed on the back of your card. And if you have an uneven balance or change in your account, sucks to be you. After the last deposit, you have a limited amount of time to get your money out of the bank or they'll take the $1.35 left as a service fee.

Don't go to Indiana. It sucks.

Yeah did some quick googling, apparently some states have privatised child support enforcement. If your deadbeat ex refuses to pay child support, a private company will hound him into paying. Some are paid fixed fees by the state/county. Some take fixed cuts from the child support payments. Some take a, usually double-digit, percentage, which can be as high as 20-30% (lmao Arizona). Yeah it sounds scummy as poo poo.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 21, 2024

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Runcible Cat posted:

In one of the posts they mention being a YouTube streamer so it's 100% "content creation" and it's no surprise no one wants to be the driver.
Yeah I caught up, there was also a mention of his friend telling him to get a real job and Youtube creator stuff isn't working out.

No wonder it's not working out, he makes poo poo content. I-20? GTFO

And it sounds like he's not even close to Dallas. "Drive me to the Dallas area and drive around for an hour or two so I can make content"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I live in Dallas and drive on I-20 a lot and I can tell you there is absolutely nothing to see on I-20.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I live in Dallas and drive on I-20 a lot and I can tell you there is absolutely nothing to see on I-20.

There is nothing to see outside on I-20, you can only look at the darkness within the self.

So prop's to op for making an existential horror youtube channel.

MajorBonnet posted:

Yeah the comments on that one were hosed up. Yes, i think op was in the wrong for what and when she said. Her sister isn't a golden child. But people were crawling out of the woodwork to poo poo on her and give her terrible advice.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
My [44M] ex-wife [43F] wants to stop paying me alimony now that my girlfriend [22F] is pregnant. Can we make peace?

quote:

My ex and I divorced two years ago, after a 21-year marriage. We married young, and she was very career driven. I worked in real estate, and she worked in tech. By the time we divorced, she was a very highly paid manager at a FAANG company, and part of the divorce settlement was 15 years of alimony paid to me. She had been fine with this, paying me the agreed-upon $8,000 per month, but now, she is trying to end it.

About a year ago, I met my now-girlfriend, “Jen” at work. I know Reddit is going to lose its mind over the age gap, but we are part of an ethnic community where this sort of things isn’t uncommon. Jen’s family is supportive of our relationship. Well, as of last month, Jen is now pregnant. My ex found out about this through our ethnic community network, and is now freaking out over the alimony, telling me that I’ve got a baby now, and I “need to learn how to support it”.However, pregnancy is a touchy subject for my ex. Toward the end of our marriage, we tried to have a baby, but struggled with fertility. We tried IVF twice but it didn’t work, and eventually came to terms with the fact that we’d never have a baby. It’s not the exact cause of our divorce, but that heartbreak was definitely a contributing factor. In the end, the divorce was my ex’s idea, but neither of us were happy, so I went along with it.

I think my ex is angry that I’m having a baby with someone else. She’s working with her lawyer to stop alimony all together. However, in our divorce settlement, we agreed that alimony will stop if I remarry within one year (already past that point), or if the person I remarry makes more than $500k per year. Jen and I aren’t married yet, but we will be eventually, and Jen doesn’t make anywhere near $500k per year, in fact, she wants to quit her job to be a full-time mom. My ex is claiming that since Jen and I are cohabitating, and that my financial situation has changed, the alimony should stop.

Having that monthly income is what makes me feel secure enough to have a baby in the first place, though. My lawyer doesn’t think that the court will stop it, but still, there’s a chance.Is there a chance I could make peace with my ex, to prevent an expensive fight in court? If so, how?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

DemoneeHo posted:

Yeah the comments on that one were hosed up. Yes, i think op was in the wrong for what and when she said. Her sister isn't a golden child. But people were crawling out of the woodwork to poo poo on her and give her terrible advice.

It's kind of a hard one.

I do wonder what the correct course of action would be in that type of situation, where one child is so much more accomplished than the other ones. Do you not celebrate one child's accomplishments? Do you celebrate the other children's minor accomplishments even if they pale in comparison? Wouldn't that feel patronising?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Shanghaied posted:

It's kind of a hard one.

I do wonder what the correct course of action would be in that type of situation, where one child is so much more accomplished than the other ones. Do you not celebrate one child's accomplishments? Do you celebrate the other children's minor accomplishments even if they pale in comparison? Wouldn't that feel patronising?

I think one thing is examining why one child is high achieving and one isn't. Maybe one is getting more support or the other needs more support. Things are rarely as simple as Goofus and Gallant.

Also, instead of praising accomplishments, praise effort. It might not be what the "real world" does, but otherwise you're teaching them that their value is tied to what they do (or fail to do) and not who they are.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Possibly my own issues here, but OP saying "It's no wonder my parents love my sister more, she's prettier and smarter than I am." is really painful, because it's the same thing I've internalized, and it's just so wrong. It's the parents' duty to love their children equally, or at least not to make it so obvious that everyone else can tell who the favorite is. I've lost count of how many times I insisted to my friends that no, really, they loved me just as much as my sister, while thinking "And if they don't really then it's just because I'm not good enough."

They don't need to celebrate OP exactly as much as the sister, but what they describe is everyone only praising the sister, only talking about the sister and completely ignoring OP, and this probably isn't the first or even tenth time they've been sidelined. If it's anything like my childhood, think every family gathering.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for telling my brother that he shouldn’t bring his wife to our dads funeral

quote:

Throwaway and on phone

My brother has been married to his wife for four years. His wife, I will call her Sara, is on the spectrum. Sara doesn’t have much of a filter, if she thinks of something she will say it.

This hasn’t been causing issues until this last year. If she said something that was inappropriate/rude someone would correct her ( usually my brother) and she would apologize. There have been a few uncomfortable situations but usually we get an apology and everyone moves on.

The main problem started when dad started to go downhill. He has had many health issues before but he went really down last summer. My mom is the main caretaker of him during this time. Sara during this time has made comments rude/inappropriate comments of him. She usally apologizes but my mom’s patient is basically dead. Many conversations were had about it.

A big blow up happened at Christmas. Sara made a comment about how he looked and how all the tubes around him remind her of a hamster. It wasn’t appropriate, yes we all know he looks like crap but the he is dying. My mom told her to get out of her house. She apologized but my mom told her she never changes her behavior and her apology mean poo poo to her. Big argument later and that relationship between them is shaky

My dad passed this week and the funeral is this weekend. My mom is a wreck and I called up my brother. I told him it would be horrible idea to bring his wife to the funeral. If she makes an inappropriate comment at the funeral it would destroy a lot of relationship and I think mom would lose her poo poo. I also explained that even with your help before it hasn’t stopped her form making comments. Everyone is going to be high emotions and it would be a very bad situation. Also she wasn’t respectful when he was alive.

This started an argument and he is calling me a jerk. AITA for giving him that advice

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Elviscat posted:

I turned Sam hella gay, and if you don't lay off I'll do it to you next *waves fingers witchly*

It's like a Midas touch that makes you ~*fabulous*~

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
AITA for giving my wedding guests a dress code?

quote:

I (F29) am getting married to my partner (M30) and we have planned a fantasy/renaissance themed wedding. We are massive fandom nerds, books, video games, movies, comics etc and actually met at a ren faire and wanted that to be part of our wedding.

We discussed it with our close friends and everyone thought it was a great idea.

So we sent out the invitations plus an attached letter that explained why we wanted to have a themed wedding and examples of the type of things we wanted people to wear (just google ren faire if you want to see).

We included photos, descriptions, budget categories that went from how to DIY a costume using old/thrifted clothes to just straight out buying something online. We also asked people to reach out if they had any worries so we could work something out.

I have received a few messages from my closer friends saying they've heard other people, including some me and my partners family members calling me a bride-zilla. Saying we are being unreasonable, that this is ridiculous, that they don't want to go if I'm going to get all up in arms over clothing.

My soon to be MIL (F59) and SIL (F26) is especially pissed. I reached out to them after their names were mentioned and they said I am ruining what is supposed to be happy day by demanding people dress up like idiots. They said everyone should be allowed to dress in what makes them feel comfortable and I am being very controlling. My partner says not to listen to them but there are so many people saying it.

I'm feeling pretty hurt by all this. I assumed people would react like this if I said everyone needed to go out and spend hundreds on costumes, but we went out of our way to include pictures and suggest as many very low budget options as possible.

I honestly didn't think it was a big deal, but now I am having second thoughts about the whole themed wedding idea.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT 2: We put in the invitation we don't expect or want people to buy us wedding gifts and would rather they keep their money for themselves or use it for their outfit

EDIT: One of the 'low budget options' was things like a normal floral spring/summer dress many people would already own, with the addition of like a flower crown or belt or something. It went up from there. For more masculine stuff it was like a linen shirt with a piece of fabric tied around your waist or a belt. It's quite lowkey and I'm not super strict about it, just not things like a cocktail dress or a bodycon dress or a formal suit and tie.

Also just going to add, excluding SIL and MIL our closest family and friends haven't complained and several people have said they are looking forward to it. It is more so cousins, aunts/uncles or those sort of level friends, they have also not directly contacted us with their concerns and we are hearing it through the grapevine

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I mean people should be allowed to dress in a way that makes them comfortable, it's not like going to a renfaire you legally have to dress up.
Last wedding I went to I wore a vest and tie not a dress or skirt. Nobody cares. I feel like we're missing a lot of info on how she handled this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA for ‘cheating my coworker out of a free meal’

quote:

I (28m) work with this woman Lydia (24f) who has a very annoying habit. She has a dating profile that she uses specifically to lure guys to buying her expensive dinners at restaurants she wants to try and then ghosts them. Lydia brags about this all the time, and is never interested in actually dating, but she’ll act like it to sell it.

I can’t stand this because it’s playing with people’s hearts, but Lydia thinks of it as a life hack to try food or drinks she otherwise couldn’t afford.

My friend Daniel (32m) is also on dating sites, but for the right reasons. His late wife died a few years ago, and he’s just started jumping back into the dating scene. Daniel’s a very sweet guy, and I really want him to find a great lady for him.

A few days ago, he texted me asking if I knew Lydia. They matched and got to talking about work, which is how he found out we worked at the same place. I told him all about Lydia’s BS with the restaurant thing, and made it very clear to him he would do best to drop things with her early on. Daniel said he’d probably still do the date but ask for separate checks.

Well they went out this past weekend and on Monday Lydia came into work very upset. I asked her how her date with Daniel went, and she ripped into me asking if I was the one who told him not to pay for her dinner. Apparently she had Daniel take her to a high end steakhouse and she ended up splurging. She got a drink, a full entree with a side and dessert where Daniel just ordered a sandwich and salad. Her bill alone came to $70 something, and she was almost in tears at work as she didn’t expect to pay for it and now her car was low on gas.

I got a little upset too as she tried to use my friend as a literal meal ticket, but somehow she doesn’t see it that way. Daniel told me later the date was going kind of well until he asked for separate checks, and then Lydia just got weirdly cold.

So now Lydia’s mad at me because I told someone about her little tactic and it backfired on her. I don’t feel like I did anything wrong since it was a grieving friend I was protecting but some other people we work with said I should have stayed out of it because it was none of my business

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lol get fuckin' :owned: Lydia

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

yeah Daniel rules. Tough poo poo Lydia.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Shanghaied posted:

it's not your wedding and if this is how they want their special day to go you can just not go and be those assholes forever
i mean drat just put on a funny outfit and enjoy yourself you'll only do this once

Admiral Joeslop posted:

this post was created in a lab to make redditors mad and shouldn't be engaged with in good faith

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

quote:

she tried to use my friend as a literal meal ticket, but somehow she doesn’t see it that way

the human mind is truly an incredible thing

Ominous Jazz posted:

this post was created in a lab to make redditors mad and shouldn't be engaged with in good faith

this regurgitation is getting tiresome

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shanghaied posted:

drat that sucks. couple of my friends got married a couple years ago and they did the ren-fair/fantasy theme for clothing and most of the attendees were on board with it. some folks were mostly conventionally attired but still had some accoutrements. it was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

wheatpuppy posted:

Shunning is technically a form of bullying. Not that the kid is wrong to exercise the only autonomy he has.

i'm gonna be picky here, i don't think it's "shunning is a form of bullying" so much as "shunning can be a form of bullying". i think intent is really what makes an act 'bullying' and i don't think the child standing up for himself and his boundaries here qualifies as such.