Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Not going to bother googling him, but I wonder what Zimmerman is doing nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tek79 posted:

And this (bolded) isn't going to last much longer for him either. He's milking it hard right now and all he's been reduced to is some Nazi meet-up at a college and got effectively spit on by better people than him before he could give his talk. All it takes is some other pudgy white fascist to kill 3 people (if even that) and get away with it for that flash of Nazi star power to die out completely. I'm surprised he's even made it this long. We'll be hearing about him 10 years from now in some kind of "Remember this loving crybaby!?" and he's going to be some 300+ lb neckbeard in a photo someone took on their iPhone while he tries to hide his face because they recognized him and he's selling firewood on the side of the road. "It's Kyle loving Rittenhouse!. The spree-shooter dude who cried like a baby in court LOL!".

he seems intensely stupid and un-charismatic so I can only imagine what one of this "talks" would be like

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Not going to bother googling him, but I wonder what Zimmerman is doing nowadays.

Changed his name to Dylan, then he went Electric

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

look at zimmerman. kyle is still trying to grift because its all he has.

You took words out of my mouth but I was going to mention Zimmerman. Scrambling to stay relevant with stuff like trying to sell the Trayvon gun. Still committing gun crimes.

Also reminds me of OJ a little. I feel like people who receive fame for skirting a murder conviction think they have a halo effect and go right back to committing crimes.

I wouldn't blink if Rittenhouse goes right back to inserting himself into hostile situations hoping lightning can strike twice.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Data Graham posted:

Gonna send Trump $40 of my social security check to pay for 15 seconds of lawyer time

Just enough to cover the time it takes for them to open the envelope.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Remember when he tried to cry on the stand with his little piggy face?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Honestly for $230,000 a day I'd represent Trump in court no sweat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oh there'd be sweat alright

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Doesn't he owe a few million extra in interest already, too?
He incurs about $110k every single day in interest as long as it remains unpaid and will keep paying interest on the balance until the judgment is fully satisfied.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kyle Rittenhouse doesn't have a racist bone in his body. He has a racist brain, a racist heart, racist hair follicles, racist liver and racist larynx

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

his current grift aside from speaking is trying market poorly made first person shooter games

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I loving love this current generation.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lmfao. Eat a bowl of poo poo, Charlie and Kyle.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Trump should not be allowed to appeal

COLLECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kw0134 posted:

He incurs about $110k every single day in interest as long as it remains unpaid and will keep paying interest on the balance until the judgment is fully satisfied.

Also the Carroll judgments continue to earn interest as well. On top of the interest, trump is paying a lot of money to service the bonds in those cases.

Trump is in the hole, legally, close to $560m. This total is accruing interest at around $138k/day.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Infinitum posted:

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-donald-trumps-properties-letitia-james-about-take-1881265

Newsweek reviewed a document from the attorney general's office that lists properties owned by Trump that had "fraudulent" and "misleading" values and could end up seized:
- Trump Park Avenue, New York, N.Y.
- Trump Tower, New York, N.Y.
- 40 Wall Street, New York, N.Y.
- Seven Springs, Westchester County, N.Y.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mar-a-Lago, Palm Beach, Florida
- Trump National Golf Club Westchester, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
- Trump National Golf Club Charlotte, Mooresville, North Carolina
- Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck, Colts Neck, New Jersey
- Trump National Golf Club, Washington, D.C., Sterling, Virginia
- Trump National Golf Club Hudson Valley, Hopewell Junction, N.Y.
- Trump National Golf Club Jupiter, Jupiter, Florida
- Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, Pine Hill, New Jersey
- Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Aberdeen)
- Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Turnberry)

Wonder if all of that adds up to half a billy :munch:

What should we do with all these repossessed golf clubs? Turn them all into family sport complexes where kids of all kinds can romp and play and roam free?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You'd be splitting that with his 80 other lawyers. Still a nice paycheck though.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also the Carroll judgments continue to earn interest as well. On top of the interest, trump is paying a lot of money to service the bonds in those cases.

Trump is in the hole, legally, close to $560m. This total is accruing interest at around $138k/day.

Didn't he post the bond in Carroll?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

You'd be splitting that with his 80 other lawyers. Still a nice paycheck though.

Seth getting paid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHmXja12Vy4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arivia posted:

The thing to understand about golf is that it makes perfect sense where it was invented (Scotland). There are big stretches of sand dunes between the beaches and the farmable land there, and if you’ve ever looked at a golf course and been like “nowhere in the world is there this mix of grass and sand and water” well actually that’s Scotland (and Ireland too).

So in Scotland and Ireland the original golf courses were built on these coastal sand dunes (called links) because there really wasn’t anything you could do with that land. Golf was invented as a game to play while walking on the links for fun, which is why it’s so loving weird. And you set up a golf course on the links by basically just cutting back the natural tall grass and leaving the short natural grasses and cutting out the hole and picking a tee spot. The course features are just whatever’s on the links already. It’s incredibly low maintenance. You have a groundskeeper keep the tees good and the holes clear and that’s it. Grass on the “green” getting high? Let the goats munch on it. None of the endless watering or mowing or any of that poo poo, because it’s literally the natural environment.

And again, these are all sand dunes. It’s not a waste of space, there’s nothing else humans would even use this space for. Tons of small towns have municipal golf courses because it’s the perfect use for their recreational land, and links courses are again, very low maintenance. It’s even apparently good for wildlife because it’s just tons of tall grass let run pretty wild, and the ecology is kept intact (so no worries about coastal erosion for example, since all the grass that keeps it in place is still there.)

Of course, there are lots of big money courses in Scotland and Ireland that do waste tons of water and energy. Trump owns two of them. The second one in particular was particularly noxious, because he bought one of the last stretches of completely underdeveloped links in Scotland. And then he flew in a “celebrity” course designer and didn’t build a course that respected or worked with the landscape at all, they just tore everything up and created new hills and poo poo American-style. The locals were pissed, he trashed the entire area and ruined the local ecology.

So yeah, hating golf in general is legit. But if you’re ever in Ireland or Scotland and someone asks if you want to play on a links course, do it. Completely different experience to the poo poo in America. Absolutely incomparable.

BTW thank you for this post, I learned a lot

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

Silly Burrito posted:

What should we do with all these repossessed golf clubs? Turn them all into family sport complexes where kids of all kinds can romp and play and roam free?

Affordable housing.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Stoatbringer posted:

Tuberville: Democrats are a malevolent godless satanic cult and only innocent people who love their country go to jail now. Something something god bible blah blah blah

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/gops-tuberville-are-losing-kids-satanic-cult-rcna144025

So much projection. But if you point it out, next response is so much 6-year-old "NO YOU!"
A whole world of dumb children.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Just lmao if they seize Mar A Lago

Disappointment thay Chicago's not on that list.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Them seizing MAL after the RNC moved to west palm specifically to be close to MAL would be unendingly hilarious

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hollismason posted:

Just lmao if they seize Mar A Lago

Disappointment thay Chicago's not on that list.

Seizing mar a lago would also hardly make a dent in what he owes since they'd be using the 16m figure. (or whatever it was actually valued at)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Karma Comedian posted:

Them seizing MAL after the RNC moved to west palm specifically to be close to MAL would be unendingly hilarious

It would be pretty great.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Didn't he post the bond in Carroll?

Yeah. That's the CHUBB bond. Posting a bond stops collection not the accrual of interest.

If we assume the $230k/day in february was just lawyer's fees and that burn rate is going to remain more or less constant and assuming he puts up enough collateral to finally get a bond for the NYAG, trump is burning approximately $430k/day on bond fees, judgment interest, and legal fees.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, he ain't securing that loan either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, he ain't securing that loan either.

He'll probably get something by getting $100m from five different lenders each secured with a golf course or something on Monday.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

Seizing mar a lago would also hardly make a dent in what he owes since they'd be using the 16m figure. (or whatever it was actually valued at)

Dumb question here...wouldn't they credit the judgement with whatever the amount they sell it for is? Like they'll seize it, sell it for $X, deduct their administrative cost (let's say $Y) of the process, then credit the judgment with $X-$Y?

Edit: and I'm guessing if it works anything like residential mortgage repossession, they would take the first offer that wasn't negligently low?

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Trump is going to be at the local pawn shop with a golden toilet soon enough.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Trump sleeping in a giant 4 post bed in RNC headquarters in a room painted with ketchup

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Liquid Chicken posted:

Chumlee would buy it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump is going to rob a bank lol

idiot will do it wearing a Trump mask

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Liquid Chicken posted:

No, that's Rudy's job. DJT would never stoop so low as to actually have to negotiate himself.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Dumb question here...wouldn't they credit the judgement with whatever the amount they sell it for is? Like they'll seize it, sell it for $X, deduct their administrative cost (let's say $Y) of the process, then credit the judgment with $X-$Y?

Edit: and I'm guessing if it works anything like residential mortgage repossession, they would take the first offer that wasn't negligently low?

Yes I'm sure it would credit from the sale value not the appraised value, I'm just saying even if it sold for it's appraised value it'd be hilariously trivial.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Turn all of them into cemeteries. One of them already is.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zone posted:

That money might have been more useful trying to fight the election :lmao:

No joke. That would have been a more effective legal strategy than setting a pile of money on fire with the worst legal team he could buy. All Trump's legal strategy has done is insure that it was the only thing peoplenhave talked about for months and to keep dragging it out so that everything comes to a head at the worst possible times. The news should be "Trump locks up the GOP nomination!" and instead it's "Trump is losing everything!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Grey Cat posted:

Yes I'm sure it would credit from the sale value not the appraised value, I'm just saying even if it sold for it's appraised value it'd be hilariously trivial.

Which explains Tjknp preemptively claiming that he'd be selling any property at "firesale" prices. That will be his excuse as to why his properties weren't actually worth as much as he always boasted.

Because real estate prices are historically low right now. Famously so.

Hang on, some one just handed me a note.