Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Flinger posted:

You'd think oscar security would be tight enough to tackle even Will Smith so it all looked very fake

True but if I saw one of the most well known men on the planet who is up for best actor & has done a lot of comedy striding on stage I’d 100% think it was a prearranged bit, not that he had decided to do violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Buttchocks posted:

I would watch an award show where all the celebrities slapped each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Deathmatch

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Woolie Wool posted:

E: the big difference between Led Zeppelin and Rowling was that Zep knew when to loving stop

i don’t think rowling’s drummer (probably the greatest drummer of all time) drank themselves to death at 32, precipitating the dissolution of the harry potter franchise. i don’t think jk even has a drummer at all, the terf piece of poo poo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

John Bonham was a good, tight drummer; greatest of all time is a real stretch though. Especially don't say that to Buddy Rich's ghost if you ever meet him.

You pinpointed when Bonham's career died, though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

More like Buddy Bitch.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

this is neil peart erasure and i wont stand for it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

TK8325 posted:

this is neil peart erasure and i wont stand for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQydoiDY28

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

all the guys I played with and all the guys I try to play like think Peart is the poo poo so

not a giant Rush fan but I love 2112, Peart is killer

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jSdyDt-Ync

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
John Bonham was mid, he just hit hard

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Woolie Wool posted:

E: the big difference between Led Zeppelin and Rowling was that Zep knew when to loving stop

Never heard when the levee breaks, I take it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scotland Yard can't actually "dust" for vomit

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Samovar posted:

Never heard when the levee breaks, I take it?

or the moby dick solo, ffs lol

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

git apologist posted:

or the moby dick solo, ffs lol

I had the misfortune of watching a Zep tribute band last year, hearing the intro riff of Moby Dick is a grim portent of what's to come. So the bloke whacks away on the drums, then about 3 minutes into the solo, puts the sticks down and starts slapping the drums with his hands FFS. On and on it went, even the boomers were getting bored.

Speaking of old bands dying, I love the story of the day Elvis died. The band is assembled at the airport, ready to head to the next gig city, one of Elvis's managers appears and says "Elvis is dead, everything cancelled, go home". Awkward moment

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chrpno posted:

I had the misfortune of watching a Zep tribute band last year, hearing the intro riff of Moby Dick is a grim portent of what's to come. So the bloke whacks away on the drums, then about 3 minutes into the solo, puts the sticks down and starts slapping the drums with his hands FFS. On and on it went, even the boomers were getting bored.

Speaking of old bands dying, I love the story of the day Elvis died. The band is assembled at the airport, ready to head to the next gig city, one of Elvis's managers appears and says "Elvis is dead, everything cancelled, go home". Awkward moment

Considering everything I'm almost certain a good chunk of them had a betting pool going on when it was gonna happen.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Led Zeppelin can eat my rear end lmao. Fuckin plagiarized dadrock played by a child molester.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Now do Bowie.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

emSparkly posted:

Led Zeppelin can eat my rear end lmao. Fuckin plagiarized dadrock played by a child molester.

yeah it’s definitely this and they straight up stole a lot of their tunes

but it sounds pretty good

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

emSparkly posted:

True,and the drummer was an attempted rapist,gently caress em.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

git apologist posted:

yeah it’s definitely this and they straight up stole a lot of their tunes

but it sounds pretty good

The song that cost Zepp big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Do you think that Greta Van Fleet- you know what ... nevermind. Terrible premise for a bit.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This came out in 1988 and everyone trashed them for ripping off Led Zeppelin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1OdgfEhzgM

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

yea it was 1988. Enough already.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Do you think that Greta Van Fleet- you know what ... nevermind. Terrible premise for a bit.
I see battlevests with Greta Van Fleet patches occasionally and I think I know what stolen valor feels like now?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

He had a heart attack and was insanely close to dying so he went strict vegan

Didn't he start off by eating nothing but potatoes for a month? I think he said he deliberately made it potatoes because it kept him from overeating or something.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I have the final season of Dexter on dvd, it remains unopened... sealed forever in clear plastic.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Just Another Lurker posted:

I have the final season of Dexter on dvd, it remains unopened... sealed forever in clear plastic.

You should throw it in the loving ocean.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

FilthyImp posted:

Also a guy that got a few HOLLYWOOD movies and recognized they weren't his jam.

Like most people would die inside and just become hollowed out husks chasing something that they thought they wanted.

Dude went out and crowdfunded a Jesus Folk are Crazy film then a Guy Gets Turned into a Walrus flick.

which were loving awful

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
nothing to see here, just a dumb dumb

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 21, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Woolie Wool posted:

I remember Book 5 taking an eternity to come out and being a total slog whose only interesting part was Dolores Umbridge. Turns out she was the real Rowling self insert lmao

People gave Rowling a lot of excuses because the first three Potter books are genuinely good kid's books full of clever ideas and whimsical touches that were actually funny, because people want to believe there is a moral order to the universe, that good art is made by good people and bad people make bad art, much like the great rock albums of the 1960s and 1970s were good music even though half the people involved in them were pedophiles, and a lot of people cannot live with this cognitive dissonance and want to believe either that Jimmy Page was innocent or that Led Zeppelin never made good music

Rowling always was terrible but she wrote three very good books in which her terrible personality and opinions were on display but nobody cared because she had a huge stroke of inspiration at the beginning and the early Potter books were great despite her.

They're mediocre

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Wrong thread?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus loving Christ teen witch stop multitasking

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

teen witch posted:

Jesus loving Christ teen witch stop multitasking

Bad advice. Do Not Follow.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Looks like teen witch's posting career just died.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Looks like teen witch's posting career just died.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

looks like /r/all to me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hope this is where her posting career dies.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
lol what posting career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

True,and the drummer was an attempted rapist,gently caress em.

I don't know if Robert Plant is free from any "allegations", but I like the story that he signed up for teacher's college after Zep finished, but then Phil Collins told him he could be a solo artist rockstar instead. Very Spinal Tap.