Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

andromeda Galaxy (assuming it exists ) is blueshifted* ie it’s moving towards “us”

the entirety of the local group is gravitationally bound and will not rip apart due to dark energy until like way way way way into the future if at all

* negative redshift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Hatebag posted:

why does a uk special forces guy have an ak?

happy July AK!

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Andromeda is bluepileld imo...

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

euphronius posted:

andromeda Galaxy (assuming it exists ) is blueshifted* ie it’s moving towards “us”

the entirety of the local group is gravitationally bound and will not rip apart due to dark energy until like way way way way into the future if at all

* negative redshift
That is my understanding too. Andromeda will eventually merge with the Milky Way, and they along with all the other galaxies gravitationally bound, will likely never be ripped apart by the expansion of spacetime. The hold of gravity (and probably dark matter/energy too) is strong enough that spacetime just doesn't expand where there is sufficient matter concentrated. The space becomes the matter that is "inside" it. So if something like a big rip happens eventually, it will, like you said, be very far in the future, and probably due to dark energy or entropy if it does occur.

endocriminologist posted:

Andromeda is bluepileld imo...

Andromeda is very bluepilled, agreed.

Speaking of the color blue, I just did an effort post about the entity I've been calling "Blue" in my mindful messages thread. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055383&pagenumber=1#post538461262

It may be interesting to some here, but no pressure to check it out if not. It is rather long and link/image-heavy, though not as much as some of my last ritual posts here in the UAP thread, lol. But basically, I needed to finish that ritual before my mind could be clear enough to do readings for other people. This one was starting to dominate too much of my thought to clearly read anyone else's destiny. But luckily, now that it's done, I feel enough clarity and relief that I'll do draws for those asking for them here in the near future, possibly today depending on how busy my 'normal' human job is. Caveat though, my draws for you will probably be much shorter than the post linked above, that is a bit of an unnecessary length for most human questions, lol.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Mar 20, 2024

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/FGuerreiroMEP/status/1770465074961883159

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

source your quotes numbers guy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

do they have mummies?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Orbs posted:

The hold of gravity (and probably dark matter/energy too) is

dark energy and dark matter have nothing to do with other

dark energy (which may or may not exist as anything more than a constant of nature) is responsible for the opposite thing you’re discussing

dark matter has no hold on anything; it’s just gravity.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Reject Disclosure.

Embrace staring at the sky 24/7.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Failson posted:

Reject Disclosure.

Embrace staring at the sky 24/7.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

mediaphage posted:

dark energy and dark matter have nothing to do with other

dark energy (which may or may not exist as anything more than a constant of nature) is responsible for the opposite thing you’re discussing

dark matter has no hold on anything; it’s just gravity.
If dark matter is just gravity, why call it dark matter and not gravity? Seems a bit confusing/silly, idk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Orbs posted:

If dark matter is just gravity, why call it dark matter and not gravity? Seems a bit confusing/silly, idk

it's matter that can't be detected by our current means. its effects are observable but dark matter is not directly observable to us. i guess they could call it mystery matter

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its haunted matter

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

ask chris lehto, he solved physics a couple months ago

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Orbs posted:

It's not "just gravity," in the current model it's a type of matter that exists and has gravity, but doesn't interact with any of the other four major forces (strong, weak, and most importantly electromagnetic) this means the matter is out there floating or zipping around, but unable to directly interact with regular matter through any force other than gravity.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

dark matter is what makes the galaxy spiral at a uniform rate so you should thank your lucky stars (;)) that it's there! because otherwise the galaxy would just be a big cloud of dust from everything getting smashed up or maybe nothing would have ever coalesced or i suppose would just be one big ol singularity or hell maybe there wouldn't be galaxies at all
it's probably space ghosts

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Unrelated to the thread, but the magnolia tree in my garden is flowering only one week per year and it's right now, so I'm sharing it with the bird friends for everybody to enjoy it before I have to spend a few hours raking all the fallen petals.

Magnolias are really cool. They're so old they pollinate via beetles that live in the bulb instead of the usual flying pollinators

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my saucer magnolia is over a century old and getting ready to blow up. i dont think she will survive climate change much longer, but shes going for it while she can. :unsmith:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
So, here is what I did for my pulls for this thread. I gathered up power and meditative energy in the Orb Center, focused and thought as usual, then went over to another table, where my sun/moon chart desk mat waited for the spread. I rolled Lady Salvia's d6 to determine how many cards to draw for each person and their question, with more or less cards possibly meaning how much my higher powers know/care about the person and their questions. (That might sound kind of insulting.... but I promise it isn't intended to be, hahaha. I think you're all worth all the time and attention we can give, but both my guides and my own body can't exert all of our energy into every reading, or things would get bad.) Also, I shuffled the deck between each person's read, and drew the cards as blindly as I could. Any synchronicities between the readings (and I believe there are some), are likely from the cosmos/my higher powers, more than my own conscious intentions.

no lube so what posted:

people pulling cards?!?!

hit me
5 cards

Ace of Swords - The Magician - Ace of Wands - Page of Cups - Temperance
These cards suggest a long, but powerful and rewarding path for you. The Aces and The Magician all strongly represent things like power, skill, and action. You should maybe ask yourself questions like- How can I expand my mind and perspective? What do I want to create and why? How can I follow my heart and live my passion?

Answers to these questions may come in the form of messengers, divine or otherwise. That's what the Page of Cups represents, plus creative beginnings and synchronicity. Then, finally, Temperance suggests that amidst all this, you should keep balance, moderation, and purpose in mind. This will allow you to succeed at all of the previous changes, while maintaining precious harmony and balance in your life. Be careful, because wielding that much power and creativity invites dangers, both to yourself and others. Listen to the messenger, and keep to balance.

This reading felt very powerful to me, so I hope this hit proves insightful and valuable for you!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll gladly take a draw for anyone wanting to practice their reading and I will grant the information that I am traveling soon with my wife for recreation as information to color the cards.
5 cards for you too.

King of Wands - Queen of Wands - Three of Pentacles - Two of Pentacles - Seven of Cups
This reading feels quite synchronistic. you mentioned traveling with your wife, and then the cosmos gave a King and Queen. And powerful ones, it seems, because Wands and Pentacles are both associated with magic and power in my mind. The King, the natural leader, the start of your trip maybe, asks how can you be mindful of your intentions to create the outcome you want on your journey? Then the Queen asks how to fully express yourself and your passions. I get the feeling that both of you may end up asking questions like that during your travel.

During the trip, the three and two of Pentacles indicate that you will probably need to juggle a lot of time management and scheduling priorities. Do them together as much as possible. There may be great challenges on the trip, and you will probably both need to collaborate with each other to see them through. The Seven of Cups says that if you can make all of these upcoming choices wisely, you will have a fantastic, imaginative experience(s) at the end of the road. Good luck, and enjoy!

poisonpill posted:

Yeah you know what? Sli’P Joe won’t disclose and the thread’s turning on itself so hit me with a reading. What do I need to watch out for this year?
1 card for you. Your draw is The Emperor.

The thread may be turning on itself, as may be a lot of other elements in the world. (But perhaps, not as much as it might appear at first glance.) Anyway, as for what to look out for during the year, The Emperor shows that you will need to look out for authority, domination, excessive control, rigidity, and inflexibility, especially coming from "father-figure" types of people. Do that, and you may become Emperorlike yourself, stepping into your own legitimate power and authority, and being able to use those to lead others.

Rickshaw posted:

I keep drawing the motherfucking five of swords. i've drawn it like 4 or 5 times in the last week. someone tell me what that's about
For your reading, I started by taking out the Five of Swords manually, as a baseline to the questions we want to know. Then rolled to see how many additional cards to draw-

I got one, and drew the Queen of Wands. Beyond what I said previously about her suggesting questions about expressing yourself and your passions, there are other aspects to her you might find insightful when trying to interpret what the Five of Swords means for you.

The Five of Swords itself looks like what was said previously in the thread by other readers-

Lackey posted:

I've often found the Five of Swords on its own a card of aftermath of conflict. Are you the guy picking up the swords, watching other people fight, an observer? Are you carrying on their fight where they have given up? Swords generally indicate the mental realm such as intellect or thoughts. I see that smug guy with his swords could also be an opportunist, someone who is taking advantage of a situation happening to other people.

My suggestion is to draw a second card asking to clarify what the Five is about if you've not yet done that. I used to do single card draws so I could familiarize myself with the deck, but tarot works better for me when I draw more than one. You can get a great deal out of two-card combinations!
So we took that advice, it would seem! My second card for this being the Queen of Wands might mean- by expressing your passions with exuberance, warmth, vibrancy, and determination, you can heal from or even defeat whatever people or experiences the Five might indicate. You will shine and inspire others in the process, and maybe even get this blighted Five to change his ways and grow. I hope so.

Those are all I have the energy for now. If I missed anyone, please let me know, and I'll be happy to look at the cards for you when I have more time and energy. Blessings! :love:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
dark matter is god glue

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
ive never asked for a draw in this thread, but i'd like one. got things on my mind

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

dark matter is god cum

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://thedebrief.org/uap-advocates-rally-at-senator-schumers-office-in-new-york-as-efforts-mobilize-across-45-states/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

dark matter is god glue

we solved it everyone! close the thread.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

The Protagonist posted:

ive never asked for a draw in this thread, but i'd like one. got things on my mind
Okay, I was compelled to do one more since this is your first time asking for a pull. But after this I must take a break, haha. (Although, despite drawing the full six cards for this, I am slowly getting the hang of it with all this practice, so this one was not as mentally draining as it could have been.)

So, regarding the things on your mind, let's see. This is what the spread is.

Ten of Pentacles - Seven of Cups - The Hermit - The World - Seven of Wands - Page of Pentacles

Ten of Pentacles represents wealth and financial security. Family, and society's typical definitions of "success." But underneath it all, there is a burning question- How can I create a lasting foundation for a sustainable future? If you have wealth, you may be doubting how much success it will actually bring you in the future. If you don't, you may be doubting if acquiring it will actually make you happy.

Seven of Cups, as mentioned above in the thread, is associated with fantasy, illusion, wishful thinking, choices, and imagination. I wonder if it's showing that the massive wealth or worldly possessions referenced in the 10 of Pentacles is a mirage. The mere appearance of success, that might soon begin to fade, or collapse entirely.

What do you need to know to choose wisely?

The Hermit may show you the way, with his lonely lantern. He brings soul-searching, introspection, inner guidance, but also a loneliness. You can discover much about the questions you seek by yourself, but you must be careful. When using the lantern to light your way, there may be dangers that are just beyond its light. You must take care not to illuminate a thorny path, or one that will not lead you to the goals you seek.

Eventually on your Hermit journey, you will at last reach The World: completion, integration, and accomplishment, of all your lessons and abilities. What exactly will come to completion remains to be seen. But the next two cards may reveal a possibility.

The power of the Seven of Wands is about challenge, competition, and perseverance. When you stand before or on top of the world near the end of your journey, the people or forces you meet there will require those things for you to reach your goal. They will stand in your way, and demand to know what you stand for. Who you are. What you truly believe, and if those beliefs are strong enough to weather The World.

Finally, the Page of Pentacles asks you to focus on turning your dreams into reality, manifest them. Develop your skills, and new opportunities will appear, financial and otherwise. You will gain any and all wealth you originally sought, and then some, plus the much greater rewards of moral and spiritual wealth.

I know this might sound like an intense path, and that could very well be. But as always, it is your choice if you want to start walking it, and you can choose to leave it at any time. But if you do pursue the above journey, it could lead to great and amazing things!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What is the exchange rate like between spiritual and non spiritual wealth

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Inspector Hound posted:

lol, not too good I don't think. The relative power of the two currencies is very out of balance in our current world. Maybe that will change, but yeah, for now, converting non-spiritual wealth to spiritual wealth is going to lose quite a bit in the exchange ratios.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Orbs posted:

Oh, by the way- after sleeping on things, I realize now that folks were probably asking me/others with Tarot experience to do pulls for them, not offering to do them for me. Whoops. I am happy to do readings asap for everyone who wants one, I just still need a little time to gather up my knowledge and power. Once I do that though, I'll try to get everybody who asked for card draws and see what we come up with!

i would like one please if you are still taking them. i have no directions for it. literally i am lost lol so a very randomised chaotic one feels right to me

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Protagonist posted:

There's a new project/something that is starting. It will be uplifting and enjoyable for you. Good communication/talks will help making things succesful. Be careful not to let yourself be led by the nose though.

News about the new project/thing should be there now or arrive soon.

e: sorry I did not see Orbs already took the request :ohdear:

Sleekly posted:

i would like one please if you are still taking them. i have no directions for it. literally i am lost lol so a very randomised chaotic one feels right to me

:doh: that's the post I should have replied to. OK here we go, reading incoming

Ah! I see good times ahead. Holidays/travel. Maybe going to see a friend living abroad. Or going to a restaurant near the waterfront.

Anyway it will help you clear your mind from other issues that are bothering you.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 10:05 on Mar 21, 2024

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TQFXU8tic

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sleekly posted:

I am still taking them! I just woke up and, after my chores and such are done, I plan to practice some more readings, and I'm happy to include your reading in that.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's a new project/something that is starting. It will be uplifting and enjoyable for you. Good communication/talks will help making things succesful. Be careful not to let yourself be led by the nose though.

News about the new project/thing should be there now or arrive soon.

e: sorry I did not see Orbs already took the request :ohdear:

:doh: that's the post I should have replied to. OK here we go, reading incoming

Ah! I see good times ahead. Holidays/travel. Maybe going to see a friend living abroad. Or going to a restaurant near the waterfront.

Anyway it will help you clear your mind from other issues that are bothering you.
No worries about me already doing a request, either! I actually think it's a really good thing when people who have questions have access to multiple sources of guidance. It guards against tunnel vision or incorrect interpretations a little, and it also can open up new, creative paths that would have been invisible if you only got a reading from one source. It's like a multiparty dialogue, and dialogues are very often extremely valuable in discovering and reinforcing knowledge and wisdom. So I happily invite anyone who wants to to also invoke whatever powers they follow to give assistance to others! It adds to the beauty of the tapestry we make.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So I asked the cards about what's going on right now:

Our current outlook on life: 4 - The Emperor
-> Authority, establishment, structure, materialism

What we want the most right now: 17 - The Stars
-> New hopes and splendid revelations of the future, happiness and good fortune

What we fear: 19 - The Sun
-> We fear that things seem too good to be true

What is going on: 13 - Death
-> A time of absolute endings and brand new beginnings, our lives are going through a period of great transformation

What is going against us: 9 - The Hermit
-> We are at risk of doing something hasty out of impatience and rage

Likely outcome: 2 - The High Priestess
-> Secrets, mystery, future yet unrevealed, sacred knowledge, the subconscious mind

Update for 2024

Our current outlook on life: 6 - The Lovers
-> Choice. We are faced with a major decision

What we want the most right now: 12 - The Hanged Man
-> Introspection, atonement for wrongs done, troubles slowly fading away or being recycled for a new evolved form, openness to abundance

What we fear: 17 - The Star
-> Lack of faith, hopelessness

What is going on: 10 - Wheel of Fortune
-> Change, cycles, fate, decisive moments

What is going against us: 16 - The Tower
-> No explanation needed. It's the frigging tower

Likely outcome: 19 - The Sun
->

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

e UFOs

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Somebody that knows science tell me what's going on here. Isn't Avi Loeb's big thing that he was getting what he claims is the first interstellar meteorite ever but apparently the Royal Institution in Britain already has one?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL2U9MF1/

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Somebody that knows science tell me what's going on here. Isn't Avi Loeb's big thing that he was getting what he claims is the first interstellar meteorite ever but apparently the Royal Institution in Britain already has one?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTL2U9MF1/

he says it comes from “outside our galaxy” which is a really strange claim. I don’t know how you’d establish that chemically. maybe he means outside our solar system, which would make more sense, but he also says it’s 4.5 billion years old, which is about the age of our solar system and would imply it formed around the same time and originated here… so in conclusion this guy is all over the map

Oumuamua’s claim to fame is that it came from outside our solar system based on its speed and trajectory (and we can’t establish its age without a sample, so could be very well older than 4.5 billion years)

edit: I saw “Avi Loeb” and my brain jumped to Oumuamua but yeah I think the piece being shown here is just Very Old and originated in this solar system, while Loeb wants to find something that came from outside the solar system which can be determined based on chemical composition, various ratios of isotopes and so on

Ben Nerevarine has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Mar 21, 2024

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Avi is a speak first, think later types. He was spouting off about the LHC when they had him on unexplainable and I was waiting for him to be punched out

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Avi is a narcissistic moron who think he knows everything*, he's basically a Neil Degrasse Tyson who believes in aliens.

*this applies to every celebrity scientist

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah I think the guy is probably mispeaking about outside our galaxy and probably meant outside our solar system but he seems pretty adamant that it is an interstellar meteorite and yeah Avi Loeb sucks in many ways but his whole south pacific expedition was to find the first interstellar meteorite and I'm pretty sure he isn't wrong that we haven't found any confirmed interstellar objects thus far so I was confused.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Avi is a narcissistic moron who think he knows everything*, he's basically a Neil Degrasse Tyson who believes in aliens.

*this applies to every celebrity scientist

One of the biggest benefits of disclosure is going to be watching how NDT reacts to it

He will surely develop novel methods of being insufferable and collapse in on himself in some kind of "nerd singularity" (technical term)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God." – Matthew 19:23-24