Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They should name the patch after the arc resist armors.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

ijyt posted:

early next week LOL

Simply make sure nobody in your group uses any of the 3 weapons we've made specific armor for

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The defender is the best primary against termnids.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Risky Bisquick posted:

I swear to god when poo poo hits the fan its always the hunters getting you killed on helldives

the stagger alone is bad enough but the insanely long slow-down is instant death. I hate how heavily bugs slow you down, if they ever release armour resistant to that I'll be wearing it to 99% of bug hunts (unless they drop a 95% fire damage resistance armour in which case jetpack flamer for days)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ijyt posted:

the stagger alone is bad enough but the insanely long slow-down is instant death. I hate how heavily bugs slow you down, if they ever release armour resistant to that I'll be wearing it to 99% of bug hunts (unless they drop a 95% fire damage resistance armour in which case jetpack flamer for days)

The Muscle Strength booster makes the slow noticeably less bad.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If Dives or Stims consistently cleared slows i'd be ok with it but as is they're the majority of the reason I'd use personal shield on bugs (but then I wouldnt have autocannon, so...)

Heavy armor really needs some builtin anti-stagger and anti-slow to compensate for being slow as molasses from the get-go

Also mechs need a hellbomb-level self-destruct so I can recycle them properly instead of having teammates and myself hop into it over and over forgetting it has 0 ammo.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Fishstick posted:

If Dives or Stims consistently cleared slows i'd be ok with it but as is they're the majority of the reason I'd use personal shield on bugs (but then I wouldnt have autocannon, so...)

Heavy armor really needs some builtin anti-stagger and anti-slow to compensate for being slow as molasses from the get-go

Also mechs need a hellbomb-level self-destruct so I can recycle them properly instead of having teammates and myself hop into it over and over forgetting it has 0 ammo.

hold down the strat button and input the self-destruct code to make it auto walk forward for 5 seconds before exploding and itd be perfect

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Had one mission left in my chain of level 7s on Fori prime that I tried to complete last night twice but kept getting kicked during extraction. So I figured I'd bang my head against that wall over my lunch break.

Wound up soloing it, despite popping an SOS right at drop. Map was absolute bitch with a massive impassible plateau bisecting the deployment zone with only one pass in the far Northwest, while one sub objective is in the far Southeast, the primary on the other side of the plateau in the Northeast, and then extraction back in the Southeast. I got to extraction with 3 minutes left, and 0 deaths, then burned through all my clones trying to survive the extraction swarm for another 4 loving minutes but made it out with no samples and the lowest Req/XP I can remember seeing.

I unlocked Impossible, so I guess there's that. gently caress Fori prime, I hope we blow it up.

Sickle, contact grenades, shield pack, EAT, 500k, orbital laser. For the record.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hope this means more divers will be bringing more EAT17s this weekend.

Don't forget your ABCDEFGH's!

Always Be Calling Down EATs For Goony Helldivers

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What might cause "0 online 0 in game" friend status in helldivers 2? It worked fine when I bought the game off steam. Then after a week or two it broke and I have no idea why or how to fix it.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

What might cause "0 online 0 in game" friend status in helldivers 2? It worked fine when I bought the game off steam. Then after a week or two it broke and I have no idea why or how to fix it.

Have you tried having friends?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dyz posted:

I dont understand how you can say the railgun is good against bots but the AMR is bad? They fill almost the same role and you don't really care about the armor pen of the railgun vs bots. You have to land follow up shots to make the AMR shine, so I agree on less of a scope or 3rd person aiming, but how exactly is a railgun *that* much better?

It oneshots hulks with a full charge but 2 taps with an AMR can do it faster and with more mobility because you don't have to charge. It takes more practice but thats really it (I have a sneaking suspicion that the railgun's armor pen helps it 1 shot hulks easily, mostly because I think a round that barely clips the eye will pen the armor around it where a normal round would bounce off).

The railguns armor pen really isn't that great for bots either. Aside from the hulk above, turrets/tanks/aa/mortars are the main ones you want heavy armor pen for, and the railgun takes forever to kill those even from the back.

Walkers are no problem and you kill them just as faster or faster with the AMR (you have to overcharge the rail to kill *one* walker from the front).

i didn't say the railgun is good, the railgun sucks and I hate it. it's total garbage. I would probably say it's even worse than the AMR

the recoilless rifle is good

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The crashes being linked to the electrical stuff makes sense, my most recent crash occurred right when I let loose a charged arc thrower shot. The other games where I crashed also had tesla towers involved.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Always Be Calling Down EATs For Goony Helldivers

Inerrant Justice, Killing, Liberty. Mighty National Operatives Provide Quick Reinforcement Strategems Toward Unwavering Violent Wild Xenoforms. Youthful Zealotry!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Qubee posted:

The crashes being linked to the electrical stuff makes sense, my most recent crash occurred right when I let loose a charged arc thrower shot. The other games where I crashed also had tesla towers involved.

Its just an additional issue that already adds to the many crashes I already got!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:hmmyes:

EATs are good. They make bugs go splat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

Inerrant Justice, Killing, Liberty. Mighty National Operatives Provide Quick Reinforcement Strategems Toward Unwavering Violent Wild Xenoforms. Youthful Zealotry!

:patriot:

We need a salute emote holding a Super Earth flag.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oneiros posted:

ye, i have no problem with aim lag as a concept especially with big chonky stuff like most support weapons or even some primaries like the jar-5 or the scorcher. but i feel like it shouldn't be as prevalent as it is on a lot of the primaries.

Slow handling is a subtle killer to a lot of players I think, because it also slows down your aim recovery when you flinch. But they are too busy thinking about "compensating for aim lag" in calmer shooting gallery moments to notice the second problem.

Which is why even carrying the punisher I have been switching to the auto pistol if I am getting bullied. "One flinch miss point blank, two flinch miss point blank-Why this is a shotgun!-oh right."

With something huge like the default machinegun it is just sad how terrible it is as point blank combat.

The fine on paper idea of "But aim lag is realistic!" is dragged down by the magical nonsense of your huge machinegun acting like it is made of styrofoam when it comes to flinching.

Even if you get used to nailing headshots with a machinegun, it is a real bad time if you don't admit "Wait this is terrible" under pressure not because of the delay aiming your gun in the first place. But the delay getting your gun back on target the next 3-4 times because you took damage.

Admitting this has also gotten me back on the EAT train more often. When I get shot literally once while sitting through the awkward delay is has between pressing 3 and being allowed to fire, I just max payne dive and snap off the shot. Because sitting still waiting for my aim to recenter just means "nope, aim thrown off again. oops, aim thrown off 0.0001 seconds before you fired too bad".

Sindai posted:

I think the issue with DMRs is that they need to buff the AMR to make room for accurate medium pen weapons to be good without obsoleting it. At the bare minimum more ammo and a third person reticle.

Even against bots and hipfire one-shotting the small ones, you burn through the ammo so loving fast, yeah.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 21, 2024

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Ihmemies posted:

Make sure crossplay is enabled, it seems to fix social issues on PC.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao I've been running arc thrower nonstop and haven't been able to complete a single mission that runs for more than 30mins, glad to see I can at least try and minimize the chances of that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NafoB3sXXI4

Booty Scope
Oct 11, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ihmemies posted:

I had issues with my social list disappearing, too. After some time I figured out it was tied to privacy & visibility settings of my steam profile and my steam friendslist. If they're set to "public" then the Helldivers 2 social list is able to reflect my steam friends list, whereas having them set to "friends only" or "private" prevents the social list from retrieving your steam friends data.

If this isn't your problem then I dunno, if this is your problem then hooray.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Spookydonut posted:

i love the autocannon sentry its my new best friend now its fully upgraded

Yeah it's amazing. Pretty sure it has different penetration values than the regular AC because it regularly blasts straight through Chargers and Titans.

As long as you don't let it get completely flanked it will rip through the bugs

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Does the SOS beacon work at all for anyone? I have never had anyone join my hosted game when thrown and I don’t think I’ve seen it happen when someone else is hosting. I can get people to join if I’m waiting on the ship but that’s it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Would rule if Autocannon mech got the large caliber autocannons like the turret has.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The autocannon turret is my favorite turret. Gotta place it a little carefully, and it will murder teammates or itself if done wrong but if you get it right it will gently caress a bug swarm and any heavies it sees

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://vxtwitter.com/helldivers2/status/1770858261509558536?s=46&t=7QIXgPxYXM_njH_0htegCw

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finally, what this game has been missing: Cliff racers

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I sure wish there was a vote system for public games when it comes to kicking people. I love committing 20 minutes of my time to a round only to get kicked for no discernible reason :)

Any tips on using the railgun? I turned myself into a pink mist when I switched off the safety function, so now I just keep it on safe mode. Can someone give a quick crash course on locations to aim for:

- Bile spewers
- Chargers
- Titans

To kill em dead quick

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the explosion tag means it's good for popping bile spewers but otherwise it's just a much worse slugger

The Dominator is misleading; while it is classified under 'Explosive' in the list, it does not actually possess the Explosive tag like the Scorcher and Lib-Conc do. It doesn't actually deal explosive damage, it just shoots big bullets that hit kinda hard. I strongly disagree on calling it a 'much worse Slugger' though because the Dominator has triple the fire rate and can actually deal with crowds. Both guns are good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Qubee posted:

I sure wish there was a vote system for public games when it comes to kicking people. I love committing 20 minutes of my time to a round only to get kicked for no discernible reason :)

Any tips on using the railgun? I turned myself into a pink mist when I switched off the safety function, so now I just keep it on safe mode. Can someone give a quick crash course on locations to aim for:

- Bile spewers
- Chargers
- Titans

To kill em dead quick

First of all, turn off safe mode.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Qubee posted:

- Bile spewers
- Chargers
- Titans

To kill em dead quick

Use unsafe mode, charge it to about 80/90 percent, release the trigger even if you don't have a shot. It has a charge meter on both sides of the gun, pay attention to it until you feel the rhythm.
Spewers, shoot them in the face.
Chargers, shoot them two or three times in the face.
Titans, shoot them in the face until they fall over. It might take a bit.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
They need to hurry up and give me the HMG stratagem you can see at 11s in :mad:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Just undo the exo rocket changes, the new exo sucks and it was easy to work around its previous problem :qq:

Or just make it a toggle like safe/unsafe railgun

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just undo the exo rocket changes, the new exo sucks and it was easy to work around its previous problem :qq:

I feel like the problems they're having with the Exo and fixing it will go a long way to helping them correct any issues that come up with the AC Exo and the Warthogs.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Risky Bisquick posted:

I swear to god when poo poo hits the fan its always the hunters getting you killed on helldives

Get the closest one or two with your sickle and do a good jump, that should get you running

BitAstronaut
Mar 7, 2024
So I, like an idiot, purchased a Razorblade 15 with a 2060 mobile in it off a friend last month - not knowing much about computers. Is there any chance I can play this game or am I screwed?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

novaSphere posted:

The Dominator is misleading; while it is classified under 'Explosive' in the list, it does not actually possess the Explosive tag like the Scorcher and Lib-Conc do. It doesn't actually deal explosive damage, it just shoots big bullets that hit kinda hard. I strongly disagree on calling it a 'much worse Slugger' though because the Dominator has triple the fire rate and can actually deal with crowds. Both guns are good.

If you treat the dominator like a slug Breaker, it actually kind of works as a gun. It even has the same reload time /animation. I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dominator is good, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.