Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

not a 2-stroke. That's just fine.

EDIT for snipe: I had a really nice interaction on the road today with someone on an electric scooter who gave me room and time to maneuver during a particularly dicey busy intersection crossing. All two-wheeled denizens are my brothers and sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Angela Chao: Shipping billionaire intoxicated when she drowned in Tesla, police report shows

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Elaine, ralphing her dinner into the Tesla: "fuuuuj I want to die"
The Tesla, knowing where to go:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Elaine, ralphing her dinner into the Tesla: "fuuuuj I want to die"
The Tesla, knowing where to go:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

not a 2-stroke. That's just fine.

EDIT for snipe: I had a really nice interaction on the road today with someone on an electric scooter who gave me room and time to maneuver during a particularly dicey busy intersection crossing. All two-wheeled denizens are my brothers and sisters.

what about motorcyclists listening to loud music

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

as much as i hate people like this it's bullshit that this is public information because it's irrelevant to the criminally negligent design flaws in teslas and elon is going to try and use it to defend himself.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spiritual bypass posted:

what about motorcyclists listening to loud music

just sing along bro

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmedZombie posted:

as much as i hate people like this it's bullshit that this is public information because it's irrelevant to the criminally negligent design flaws in teslas and elon is going to try and use it to defend himself.

That’s specifically why it’s in the news

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

jetz0r posted:

Train frees itself to destroy some cars
https://i.imgur.com/dHtoiUt.mp4

I'm sure that all the drivers who write "might makes right, get out of my way" to pedestrians who they run over will nod and agree that the train has the right of way since it's heavier.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Ok I have an actual gripe that's not a SYQ. The university just installed a giant fence over the walking path that I've been using for the past decade, so today I decided to walk the "correct" way and almost got hit in two crosswalks in the span of a minute. I'm so annoyed at almost dying.
Bolt cutters are *so* cheap. People who fence desire lines are loving assholes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This fence is too big to vandalize unfortunately. It's all security theater too, which is doubly annoying. This property has been unfenced for decades, but now all the walkers have to get in the street or go way around the property.

e: oh, and what makes it even more annoying is that it's separating the city's public greenway path from a public park.

Fitzy Fitz has issued a correction as of 16:00 on Mar 21, 2024

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I don't recommend riding 30mph on this bicycle.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

the person who made this bike out of curiosity or as a passion project is selling it cheap instead of fixing it

unless you’re a lot better at bicycle structural repair than most people id be leery

zero knowledge
Apr 27, 2008

withak posted:

I don't recommend riding 30mph on this bicycle.

at first I was worried about the brakes, but really 30 mph isn't that extraordinary of a speed. 45 kph is easy enough to do on a regular bicycle going downhill and rim brakes are fine for that. the stopping distance might be a little much.

also i'd be worried about the torque from the engine being too much for a bike wheel

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
good chance that thing pollutes 10x worse than a car

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

marshmonkey posted:

good chance that thing pollutes 10x worse than a car

good. polluting kicks rear end

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This fence is too big to vandalize unfortunately. It's all security theater too, which is doubly annoying. This property has been unfenced for decades, but now all the walkers have to get in the street or go way around the property.

e: oh, and what makes it even more annoying is that it's separating the city's public greenway path from a public park.

What kind of fence is it? If it's chain link, wait until dark you should be able to make a walkable gap in seconds with tin snips.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

everyone in this thread needs a Coal Rollers gangtag

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

aw frig aw dang it posted:

good. polluting kicks rear end

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

In every case where I see people driving and staring at their phones, honking the horn doesn’t get their attention at all. Completely oblivious. It owns. Was stuck in a lot of traffic today and the guy in the left lane next to me was staring at the phone in his right hand the entire time.

032124_3
Mar 21, 2024
:smooth: : "the automobile manufacturers continue to fail to honor their warranties"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Facing the consequences of my actions is like Black Mirror (the only science fiction I've ever experienced)

https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1769082092095508768

Italian

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In every case where I see people driving and staring at their phones, honking the horn doesn’t get their attention at all. Completely oblivious. It owns. Was stuck in a lot of traffic today and the guy in the left lane next to me was staring at the phone in his right hand the entire time.

I'm not about to relitigate the 'loud pipes' thing (it's stupid) but this was one of the few times I felt the opposite of embarrassed at having a loud motorcycle. People don't listen to horns (especially the dinky little one that bikes tend to have), but you bet slowly trolling by their window and pinning the throttle wakes them right the gently caress up. I know I sound like a dick but it's for a good reason.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Thoughts?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

badass

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

saw a jeep truck run a stop sign today -____-

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

+1 for the clearly suburban background

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

I thought it was this one but that one is slightly different, so now I have to live with the fact that there are at least two of these.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

he got a powerup from hitting the man

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

withak posted:

You make the yellow too short so people have to choose between racing through or slamming on their brakes suddenly. Pretty sure this is what the contractor running the red light cams in Chicago (?) got caught doing to increase ticket revenue.

as someone who drives in chicago for a living if the yellow was 30 seconds long people would still run the red, it doesn't matter

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I don’t like it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

he got a powerup from hitting the man

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Second paragraph is very powerful neoliberal energy.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's ISO 9001 certified, what more do you want?

Anyway, it would be cool to hear what that imaginary much larger number of e-bike accidents is. 180k? A cool 500 per day?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

why is the mmda so bad

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

lol at the stupid details

quote:

She had invited seven girlfriends from her days at Harvard Business School to spend the weekend at the 900-acre ranch.

They had attended a concert by rapper Pitbull in Austin the night beforehand, according to the police report.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

They had attended a concert by rapper Pitbull

the Tesla pulled some politricks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What kind of fence is it? If it's chain link, wait until dark you should be able to make a walkable gap in seconds with tin snips.

It would be nice if someone destroyed it, but I'm not going to risk a vandalism charge. I don't think bolt cutters would really do much here anyway.

This is separating university property from university property, and it's how a lot of us get to the bus stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just drive your 6 wheeled black ops style suburban tank through it