Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I gotta respect Mafty for following up on the stated mission statement of fighting the evil Earth elites by blowing up said Earth elites, instead of committing a random mass atrocity while crying about how Ghiren did nothing wrong or something.

Mafty’s greatest sin is Hathaway’s questionable planning and letting his hang ups get the best of him. He boarded that shuttle wanting to “at least look his victims in the eye” or some poo poo. He could’ve instead had a single Messer on a subflight pull up to the shuttle and delete all those ministers with a single beam rifle discharge (more if the pilot’s aim suck) and minimal collateral. His approach instead ended up with the Davao operation which had its collateral spiral out of control due to Fed response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Unicorn has more good characters than V Gundam does.

most of unicorns characters are good

shame about banagher

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sander posted:

I gotta respect Mafty for following up on the stated mission statement of fighting the evil Earth elites by blowing up said Earth elites, instead of committing a random mass atrocity while crying about how Ghiren did nothing wrong or something.

Mafty’s greatest sin is Hathaway’s questionable planning and letting his hang ups get the best of him. He boarded that shuttle wanting to “at least look his victims in the eye” or some poo poo. He could’ve instead had a single Messer on a subflight pull up to the shuttle and delete all those ministers with a single beam rifle discharge (more if the pilot’s aim suck) and minimal collateral. His approach instead ended up with the Davao operation which had its collateral spiral out of control due to Fed response.

Hathaway is basically still full of all the trauma from accidentally killing Quess Chen which basically is going to gently caress up anything he does.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I don't remember that being accidental

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
People say Blex dying was the shot that killed the Federation but IMO that was definitely Revil. Revil being killed by the Solar Ray is the death blow to the Federation's guiding leader who actually held the politicians to account and who was the only one who could make reforms.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

shame about banagher

He's also good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

People say Blex dying was the shot that killed the Federation but IMO that was definitely Revil. Revil being killed by the Solar Ray is the death blow to the Federation's guiding leader who actually held the politicians to account and who was the only one who could make reforms.

Revil was important and his survival would have made things better, but he was already pretty firmly on the "trust in the future generations" side of things. Losing him sucked but it would have been possible to recover if someone else had been able to take up even some of his slack.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

It would have been easier with Revil, the Federation became so reliant on him that even after his "Zeon is exhausted" speech was followed by Zeon landing and occupying much/most of Earth he was never questioned. Him surviving and throwing himself into reforms would have made them happen despite internal reluctance.

There was still hope with Blex. Him surviving the Gryps conflict and if necessary the First Neo Zeon wars meant he survived all active opposition, could provide clear direction, and prevented Quattro from giving up.

It would have been messier, but Blex could have done it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

brand engager posted:

I don't remember that being accidental

Depends on the version, doesn't it? There's the initial Hi Streamer concept, then CCA, and Beltorchika's Children. I'm probably getting it mixed up but I think at least one version had it be accidental rather than intentional. Or did Chan even exist in those other versions?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Depends on the version, doesn't it? There's the initial Hi Streamer concept, then CCA, and Beltorchika's Children. I'm probably getting it mixed up but I think at least one version had it be accidental rather than intentional. Or did Chan even exist in those other versions?

I was always told Chan was CCA-only because Hi Streamer and BC kept Beltorchika around for the role Chan played as Amuro's partner.

'Accidental' is probably the wrong word for it anyway. It's the same vibes as someone getting angry and breaking something, then immediately regretting it. Just... way worse because the thing he broke in his tantrum was a human life.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Warmachine posted:

I was always told Chan was CCA-only because Hi Streamer and BC kept Beltorchika around for the role Chan played as Amuro's partner.

That was my understanding of it as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chen doesn't exist in the other versions, Hathaway pulls an Amuro/Lalah on Quess instead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wrong, in BC he actively shoots quess in the back to save amuro

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was watching DBZ Abridged Kai and it prompted me to make this for some reason:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

shame about banagher

and Marida's the best of the bunch so this matchup isn't even a contest

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Runa posted:

and Marida's the best of the bunch so this matchup isn't even a contest

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Unfortunately Unicorn survives another day as Marida Cruz defeats Uso Ewin!

Master Asia must give up his place in the Shuffle Alliance, because he has been defeated by Miorine Rembran!

Now, onto today’s matchups!
It’s the God of Death up against the Supreme Leader of Neo Zeon! Duo Maxwell versus Haman Karn!
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1770797568529727505

Up next, it’s Loran Cehack versus Athrun Zala! Will the thread’s favorite win, or will the Seed stans pull through?
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1770797589278945415

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If anyone from Unicorn deserved to live another day (barring the several hundred nameless civilians who get blown up) it's Marida.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm telling you guys, haman's winning this year

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Master Asia is one of the absolute most interesting characters in Gundam even if his first and second season characters are nearly incongruous with one another

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If anyone from Unicorn deserved to live another day (barring the several hundred nameless civilians who get blown up) it's Marida.

Those civilians had it coming. (We've all got it coming.)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

TheKingofSprings posted:

Master Asia is one of the absolute most interesting characters in Gundam even if his first and second season characters are nearly incongruous with one another

A friend of mine theorized that end of season one Master Asia is a duplicate made by the Devil Gundam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

A friend of mine theorized that end of season one Master Asia is a duplicate made by the Devil Gundam.

That would go directly against the big reveal that he wasn't infected by Devil Gundam at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Cosmikaizer/status/1770851945596481721?t=hvE0qr9ye0hzpOv6gWJD_g&s=19

You know the rules. You beat the man, you win the horse.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

fuunsaiki should be a competitor next year

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That would go directly against the big reveal that he wasn't infected by Devil Gundam at all.

Not necessarily if the DG can just copy by sight

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is Miorine as terrible at riding as she is at driving and piloting, or does Fuunsaiki’s skill make up for her terribleness?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

ninjewtsu posted:

fuunsaiki should be a competitor next year

as long as he's not in the same bracket as haro, who should return and there should also be at least two haros around

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Haro (original), Haro (Victory), Haro (Lacus’s), Haro (Lockon’s), Haro (Tinitys’), Haro (Confessional), Haro battlemech.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

To salve my disappointment at Master Asia losing, I'd accept a Three-Asia-Moon t-shirt.

wdarkk posted:

Haro (original), Haro (Victory), Haro (Lacus’s), Haro (Lockon’s), Haro (Tinitys’), Haro (Confessional), Haro battlemech.

Harobowl.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

There should be a Haro bracket in February to determine which one makes it in.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

There should be a Haro bracket in February to determine which one makes it in.

Cute

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Haribo Gummies should do a Gundam crossover called Harobo Gummies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.gundam.info/news/video-music/01_14228.html

There will be a 45th anniversary Gundam stream on the official Youtubes with Toru Furuya, Tomokazu Seki, and Kana Ichinose as guests. They are also teasing new information regarding G Gundam's 30th anniversary this year.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GG Gundam, where Rain and Domon's daughter has to join up with the New Shuffle Alliance to find out what happened to her missing parents. Along the way she battles a strange new hoard of monsters lead by the Angel Gundam and is assisted by a mysterious masked man who calls himself Schwartz Vater.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

wdarkk posted:

Haro Ball

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

GG Gundam, where Rain and Domon's daughter has to join up with the New Shuffle Alliance to find out what happened to her missing parents. Along the way she battles a strange new hoard of monsters lead by the Angel Gundam and is assisted by a mysterious masked man who calls himself Schwartz Vater.

G Witch crossover with a Schwartz Ette

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Schwarzette Bruder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This Guel has acquired abilities of the Schwarzette Gundam with the help of KYOJI!